Chapter 3

I'm in love, there's no way around it.

 

                “Hello everyone, this is Victoria Song, leader of f(x),” Victoria smiled widely, got up from her chair, bowed, and sat back down.

                “Oh wow, Victoria-shii, you’re even more beautiful in person!” The interviewer, Mr. Park, said. Victoria blushed and waved her hands in the air, a sign of accepting the flatter but in a humble away.

                Mr. Park started by asking her a few of the common questions.

                “How is f(x) doing?”

                “F(x)’s comeback is soon. What’s the theme?”

                “Is there anything you’d like to say to your fans?”

                “While we’re on that note, could you say something to the people that are watching this about the ‘relationship’ you have with Nichkhun?”

                Victoria’s eyes widened and her heart felt like it skipped a bit. She had seen this coming and had practiced and memorized what she was going to say but, for a second, she was at a loss of words. Quickly, she recovered, and smiled at Mr. Park, who was awaiting her answer.

                “Of course,” she replied, and Victoria turned her head to the camera and clasped her hands together, resting it on her lap.

                “Dear everyone, first of all, I would like to apologize to everyone about the articles and news about a ‘scandal’ between me and Nichkhun-shii. I would like to say, from my own mouth and in my own words, that it is absolutely not true. The picture of us walking together in public was just a mere coincidence-“

                “-what do you mean ‘coincidence’?” Mr. Park interrupted.

                Victoria smoothed her long hair, nodded, and continued.

                “I had finished practicing a bit and was taking a simple walk around. At the same time, Nichkhun-shii was there, too. Since, we were both in ‘We Got Married’ together a few months ago, we’re close friends and so we just talked a bit. I was late for an appointment so I left a few moments before he went on his way.”

                Mr. Park nodded as if he understood and look into the camera and back at Victoria.

                “So, does that mean you don’t necessarily like Nichkhun?”

                “Ah, Nichkhun-shii is very handsome and very charming. But, I don’t think I’m the one for him,” Victoria joked, laughing.

                “Oh, I see,” Mr. Park smiled. “Ok-ay, on with the questions…”

-

                “Ah, Nichkhun-shii is very handsome and very charming. But, I don’t think I’m the one for him.”

                Nichkhun stared at the TV. He paused it, re-winded, and watched it again. When he couldn’t bear to see it again, he turned the TV off and just sat still.

                The 2pm dorm was quiet. Chansung was sleeping in their shared room and the rest of the members were off with their own schedule. Nichkhun felt lonely and he longed for the feeling of Victoria’s warm, smooth skin against his, her head resting on his strong shoulder, and her hand entwining with his own.  But he had ended it, for the sake of each other.

                Nichkhun was desperate to see Victoria again. It didn’t matter if it was from a distance or if they merely brushed each other’s shoulders when they walked past. He needed to see her. Then he realized. It wouldn’t be hard to pass by each other. They would see each other before and after presenting in Inkigayo or Music Bank. They would hopefully be chosen at the same time to be guests in Star King or Strong Heart. Anything was possible.

                He closed his eyes. And for the first time, in days, he slowly drifted to sleep.

-

                “Appa,”

                “Mm?”

                “Is it hard to let go of something?”

                “What do you mean?”

                “A few days ago, the members and I were talking, and we started talking about things we had to let go. Krystal with her guitar, Amber with her favorite shoes, and such. But I realized I never lost something I loved. It made me feel mean, self-centered. Like, maybe I was greedy.”

                Nichkhun ruffled Victoria’s hair.

                “It is hard,” he said. “But it’s harder to let go of somebody you love.”

                “Why is that?” Victoria had asked.

                “Well…I don’t really know how to explain it. It doesn’t really matter. It’s not like I’m going anywhere.”

                “But what if, one day, you were gone? And I was lonely and lost. What would happen then?”

                “I’d find you again, and I’d hug you and I would never, ever let go.”

                Victoria laughed.

                “Why is that?”

                “Because I love you.”