Chapter 7

I'm in love, there's no way around it.

 

                Victoria slowly slid out of the car, needing the support and help from her manager, who shook his head worriedly at her. She gave a small smile to him, gave him a weak hug, and slowly walked in the airport, her suitcase bumping into her heels every now and then.

                She was hardly aware of the fans that were on the sides, chanting and supporting her. She didn’t want their pity. She didn’t want anyone’s pity.

                When she boarded into the airplane, she stumbled ungracefully as she tried to find her seat. She could care less about her image. All she was thinking about was going to China and…

                There was already a person sitting next to her empty seat, which was a window seat. As she excused herself and tried to scoot pass that person to get to her seat, she smelt the air. She could smell something familiar. Too familiar.

                She sat down in her seat, and she peered at the person next to her. He was wearing a cap, which was bent forward so his head was covered. He seemed deeply immerged in a book he was reading.

                “Get out,” she commanded, immediately knowing who it was. “Why are you even here, Nichkhun?”

                The man took off his cap and put down his book. The familiar brown hair and those eyebrows and those lips and that handsome face startled Victoria for some reason. She shrugged the feeling off.

                “Why? I’m on a schedule. I have to go to China as well. Coincidence, right?” Nichkhun raised an eyebrow. 

                Victoria wanted to push him off his seat but she was too weak and too tired. So she just sighed as a defeat, faced the other way and waited for the plane to take off.

-

                “You know, I always wanted to visit China ever since I met you.”

                “Why is that?”

                “Because I want to see the home country where you were born. I want to visit your family and want to know all the little secrets of your childhood.”

                Laughter escaped out of Victoria’s mouth and she looked at Nichkhun with a surprised yet affectionate look.

                “Maybe, one day, we’ll go together. And we’ll smile and be proud, hand in hand.”

                “Hand in hand…forever-“

                “-And never letting go.”

-

                Victoria felt submerged in water. She was struggling, and her legs felt like dead weight as she felt herself slipping into the grasps of the dark water. As she looked up, the last breath escaping from , light shone from up and she could see a figure reaching out his arms and lifting her, out of the water. The figure hugged her and as she was pressed against him, Victoria realized it was Nichkhun.

                 She hugged him back, and she felt at ease. Suddenly, Nichkhun vanished in the air, what was left of him just a trail of dust that twirled around in the air. And, Victoria fell again, back into the water where she struggled at first but then she relaxed. It’s okay, Nichkhun will come and save me again. But Nichkhun didn’t come, and fish her out of the water. And Victoria felt herself drowning deeper and deeper until she could see no more, hear no more, and feel no more.