Chapter 8

Sleeping Beauty

 

''Oppa..what time is the party?'' you asked.

''Erm..around 11?'' Luhan said.

''Arasso..!'' you said.

''Bye noona, bye unnie, bye hyung..bye Kai oppa/hyung..'' the kids said to both you and Kai.

''Bye-bye..see you all tomorrow alright??'' you said.

''Unnie..remember my cake..'' Yerin said.

''Arasso..aren't you gonna say bye to Kai oppa??'' you asked her.

''Arasso..bye ahjussi..'' yerin said and stick out her toungue at Kai and run back into the house.

Both you and Kai walk down the street pushing the trolley,''Why does she hate me so much?''Kai asked.

''Who?Yerin?'' you asked.

''Yea..'' he answered.You giggled.''She don't hate you..Kai..she likes you...alot!''you beamed.

''Huh??''Kai questioned.

''Yerin only behave that way to the person she like..and I was once in your shoes before..erm about a year ago??..and I don't like you was the first sentence I get from her also..see how close are we now??'' you explained.

''Arasso..how did she get in there?'' Kai said.

''Both her parents died..after a terrible car accident.and she is the only one that survived..'' you explained and for some reason Kai feel that if he continue asking this, he is afraid that you will think off how you were send in to the orphanage, but the truth is, you are not an orphan.

''You sure she will like me one day??'' Kai asked.

''Don't worry..after a while..she will start to get along with you..even if she don't I'll think of a way..'' you beamed.

''_________-ah..what about the boyfriend thing?'' Kai asked shyly.

''Wae? Is it that bad to be my boyfriend??you don't like me do you...'' you asked pouting.

''No no..'' Kai answered immediately.

''Okay then..'' you said and skipped your way down the street.

''So am I really her boyfriend??and where are we going now..'' Kai thought as he push the trolley and he stop when he saw you enter a shop which sells ingredients for baking pastries.

''Anyeong..ahjumma..'' you greet.

''Oh..________-ah, as usual??'' the ahjumma asked.

''Ani..can you get me these..'' you said and give her a list if the ingredients you need for Yerin's birthday cake.

After a while, you make your payment and put the ingredients on the trolley.''All done!''you said and do another check on the ingredients and you could feel that there are people watching the both of you.

''It must be them again..aish..ani..I'm not going to ruin my day with kkamjong because of them..'' you thought.

''I'm hungry kkamjong..'' you said, linking his arms, and Kai blush a little.

''Okay then..we will get something to eat..'' he said looking around for a restaurant.

''What about there??'' he pointed at the restaurant at the corner.

''Arasso..last one to reach will pay for the meal!!'' you said and run off leaving Kai alone.

''Yah! I need to push this trolley..'' Kai said and shook his head a little looking at you running.

''Hmm..what can I get for you?'' the waitress asked.

''Erm..2 ramen, 1 dukkboki, 3 rolls of kimbap, and 1 large bowl of bibimpap please....yea..thats all for me, what about you kkamjong??'' you giggle as you asked Kai whose eyes went O.O listening to your order, including the waitress.

''Hahahah..I'm just joking..just 2 ramen and a dukkboki..'' you said and the waitress nodded.

''Yah!! Whats with that reaction?? what happens if I really do have a big appetite??'' you nudge Kai.

''Er..I'm..fine..with it..'' he said.

''No..your face doesn't say so..'' you said and pinched his nose.

''So..tell me about yourself..kkamjong..'' you said and placed your haed on both of your palm looking at Kai.

''What do you want to know about?'' he asked.

''Erm..ah, when is your birthday?do you have siblings? what do your parents do?'' you asked.

''My birthday is just a day before..yours..'' he answered.

''Really?..ommo, mian..I guess I was busy..sleeping?'' you chuckled.

''Kwenchana..oh..and I have one  elder sister and my parents own a company in Korea and in Japan..'' he answered.

''Ooooo...so you are rich huh???'' you asked.''No..not..its not that..its just a small company..''Kai waved his hand.

''Wae? Are you scared that I want you to be my boyfriend just because you are rich??'' you asked and giggle a little.

''No..it not..aish..'' Kai couldn't explained.

''You are really cute, kkamjong, and I like it!'' you beamed and squeeshes his cheeks.

''Foods here!'' you cheered and start eating.

-

''Ah..I'm full..'' you said and rubbed your tummy a little.

''We still have 2 more hours..'' you said.

''2 more hours till what?'' he asked.

''Till we start baking..well..erm, you can actually go back and rest you know..I can make Yerin's cake myself..'' you said with a smile feeling quite sorry for just dragging Kai with you.

''Ani, I said I will help right? and I want to make Yerin happy too..'' he said.

''Thanks a lot..you sure you can stay up the whole night?'' you asked and he nodded.

''Of course I can..as long as I'm with you..'' Kai thought.

-

''________-ah..'' Kai called.

''Hmm?'' you asked.

''Why are we still sitting here? aren't we gonna bake in there?'' he asked as he point at Angel's Bakery across the street.

''Yes we are..I rent the kitchen from 10pm till 6 in the morning..that is the only period where I can use the place..'' you explained, and Kai mouthed an 'O' since the time only shows 9.40pm.

''No wonder she have no time to sleep and have to rush to school...'' Kai thought.

You feel your phone vibrating, and end the call when you saw the caller ID.

''Wae?'' he asked.

''Ani..its just a wrong number..'' you said but the phone vibrate again.

''Wait here..alright, I'm gonna get this..'' you said and sighed and walk few steps away from Kai.

Kai nodded and watch you, ''I say no! no means no!! thats it!'' you yelled at the phone and took out the battery and put it in the pocket, and Kai was shocked seeing you like this, he never see you getting mad at something before.

''You alright??'' Kai asked looking at you, and put the strands od hair behind your ear.

''I'm fine..kkaja..I think we can go in now..'' you said and hold Kai's hand as the both of you pushes the trolley to cross the street.