Chapter 5

Sleeping Beauty

 

Brrrinnnnngggggggg~
 

Its break time, and as usual you will sleep, but before you do so.''Take this..''Kai said shyly as he give you a paper bag.

''Huh? What is this?'' you asked.

''You need to eat something..'' he said.

You open the paper bag, and you notice that the chocolate chip muffin that you give to Kai is in there.

''No! this is for you!eat it!'' you said.

''For me?'' he asked.

''No, I mean..er..this is yours I can't eat it..'' you explained, and give him back the paper bag.

''..arasso..'' he answered as he look at you oddly.

''Hyung..palli..'' you heard Sehun call for him by the door.

''Ne..'' he replied and took abite of the muffin, ''Eh? There are more chocolate chips in it..'' he thought and took another bite happily.

A smile appear as you look at Kai enjoying his muffin, ''I guess you like it now huh?''you thought and put yourself back to dreamland.

''I told her about the chocolate chip muffin does not have much chocolate chip in it, and the next day there are more, and why don't I have to pay for them, hmm..I think I know what is going on, but I'll still need to confirm it..yup, tomorrow, I'll get to school as early as I could, 6.20am?'' Kai thought, and got on bed at 10pm sharp after he finish his homework.

 

The next day~
 

''Ahjumma..why didn't you tell me about the karnival thingy??'' you pouted.

''Oh,_________-ah, mianhae, I was about to tell you..'' Mrs Lee answered.

''Kwenchana..500 cupcakes right?'' you asked.

''Yea..is that amount okay?'' she asked.

''Yup, any specific cupcakes you want?like the flavour, icing..design? ''you asked.

''Yes, here is the list..'' she said, and hand you.

''Hmm..red velvet, with buttercream, devil's food, with chocolate buttercream..vanilla with lemon meringue.., alright!I'll make sure they taste as good as they look!!'' you beamed.

''Komawo..I'll pay you on monday, arasso?'' she asked.

''Ne..'' you answered and check the list of the pastries you send in.

''50 chocolate chip muffin, 20 banana bread, 60 cheesebreadstick, 40 butter crossand, 70 cream puff..'' you continue on reading before you let Mrs Lee to sign the paper.

''So..you make all these??'' you heard a voice, a familiar one, ''Kai..'' you called in surprise.

''Here..'' you beamed and give him a cheesebread stick.

''You haven't answer my question yet..'' he asked as the both of you walk to class.

''What question?'' you tilted you head and look at Kai.

''Ommo, stop looking at me like that'' Kai thought.

''D..did..you.you make all those pastries including this?'' he said and pointed.

''Yup! I'm glad you love it..Kai!!'' you beamed and skip to class again.

''So..she actually make all those pastries every night for the school canteen?she work in Angel's Bakery then..now I know why she had to come to school so early, to deliver those pastries, but why must she rush back when the school ended'' Kai thought.

As usual, you will take a shower and return to class, ''___________-ah, why do you need to rush back everytime?''Kai asked.

''I have something to do..'' you said, and check the list of the flavours for the cupcakes.

''...and are you going to make all the 500 cupcakes for monday by yourself??'' he asked.

''Mm..hmm..'' you nodded.

''Do you really need to do those all by yourself? I mean don't you have anyone to help you with? why do you have to work so hard for? you are still a student, and you have to work the whole night..I'm sorry to ask this, but are you short of money? like do you need to take care of your younger siblings??'' Kai bombarded questions on you.

You look at his face for a while before you burst out of laughter, ''Bwahahhaaha..since when are you so talkative Kai? and you watch to much drama..hahahahhaa..''you have your hands on your stomach because it really hurts for laughing to much, and you can see Kai blush because of embarassement.

''You say you can help me right?no matter how hard or how tiring it is..you will help me?'' you walk to him with your face just a few inches away from his face.

''I..I..yeah..'' he answered trying to avoid looking directly into your eyes, cause if he do, his face will turn to a really bright red tomato.

''Hmm..today is friday, and since everyone will be busy preparing for the carnival..I don't think we will have homework today..'' you muttered, and thought for a second.

''Good then, after school, go home, and pack some clothes with you..and meet me at the school canteen around 2..'' you said and return to your seat.

Kai paused for a second. ''Wae?''he asked.

''You said you will help me right?'' you pouted, which make Kai blushed more, as he nod.

''Good, cause we have lots of baking to do!!'' you beamed and placed you head on your arms again trying to sleep, but you couldn't stop laughing when you thought that Kai actually thinks that you are from a poor family, or you have lots of siblings to take care, and you really need the money.

''Yah, you see, what you did to me..I can't sleep now..'' you said and laugh again.

''I'm..sorry..I didn't mean too..'' he said.

''Arasso! I'll forgive you this time..'' you beamed and sleep again.

''I can't believe what just happen...she just ask me to help her..and..I'll need to pack some clothes and meet her after school..are we going on a date?...aish..what are you thinking, she said we will have some baking to do..'' Kai thought for a second.