Chapter 11

Sleeping Beauty

 

''Yerin-ah, look!'' said Luhan to Yerin as he point to you and 'Pororo'.

''Pororo!!!'' the kids cheered.

''See..I told you she will love it, just hang in there alright...'' you whispered to Kai as you hold his hand.

''Unnie, why is Pororo here??'' Yerin asked as she stand before Kai, and the rest of the kids surrounding the two of you.

''To celebrate your birthday, and Happy Birthday Yerin-ah!'' you said, and give her a hugged.

''Jinjja??'' Yerin grinned.

''Mm-hmm..'' you nodded.

''Pororo, aren't you gonna wish Yerin?'' you said as you nudge Kai.

''Oh..err..Happy Birthday, Yerin!!'' Kai said trying to sound as cheerful as possible.

Yerin pull your hand a little. ''Unnie..why does Pororo sound so different??''she asked, while you can see Luhan and Hyewon giggling at the back.

''Uh-Oh'' you thought to yourself, ''Err..because..because he is sick, yea,..sick, right??''you said and nudge Kai, and Kai faked a cough.

''Oh..I see, Unnie where is my cake??'' she beamed.

''Here, erm..you play with Pororo alright, I'm gonna get this cake ready'' you said and leave Kai alone.

''_________-ah, don't leave me alone...'' Kai begged.

''Let's go, I'm gonna introduce you to my friends..'' Yerin pulled Kai to the backyard and the rest of the kids followed.

''That's Kai right??'' Luhan chuckled and you nodded.

''Aww..how cute!'' Hyewon said as she prepared the fruit salad.

''I can't believe you make him wear that in this weather..'' Luhan said to you.

''I know oppa, but just a short while, I hope that Yerin will like him after this..'' you muttered.

''How? you are going to say that the actual Pororo was Kai all along? Yerin is smart you know..'' Luhan added.

''I mean, she will look at Kai in a different way seeing how much he did for her..'' you said as you look at Yerin siiting beside Kai talking happily to him.

''Yerin-ah, here is your birthday present from ___________ and me'' Kai said.

''Kamsahamnida..Pororo, where are you friends??''she asked.

''Err, they are at home..yea..'' Kai said.Right then, Yerin pouted a little, ''Wae? Don't you like your present?''Kai asked.

''Ani, I like it a lot..its just that..'' she paused.

''Yerin-ah, you can tell me anything, whats wrong? Pororo is here..'' Kai said as he ruffled Yerin's hair with the his huge glove.

''_____________unnie's boyfriend..I said I don't like him yesterday..I don't mean it..thats why he didn't come here today..he must have hate me..'' Yerin said as she pout.

Kai was shocked to hear that from her. ''Ani, I think he like Yerin A LOT..maybe he is busy with something and he will come later..''Kai said.

''Maybe..'' Yerin said with a frown.

''The cake is ready!'' you said out loud and the kids gathered around the picnic table, and everyone have their party hats on, including Yerin.

''Ommo..so pretty'' you said after you help Yerin to put on a tiara.

''Is everyone ready?'' Luhan asked after he light up all the candles.

''1..2..3! Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to Yerin..Happy Birthday to you!!''everyone sang and Yerin smile as bright as she could.

''Go on..make a wish..'' Hyewon said, and Yerin clasped her tiny hand together and closed her eyes, and blow the candles.

''Yay!!'' everyone cheered and Luhan starts cutting the cake, and you removed the Pororo's head a little to check out Kai whether is he doing fine or not.

''You alright?'' you asked and you can see beads of sweats around his face, and so you help him wipe it off.

''Yerin's here!'' he said and placed back the Pororo head.

''Unnie..the cake is delicious'' Yerin called with covered with icing, as she took a huge bite of the cake.

You smile, ''Aigoo..look at you..''you said as you wiped off the icing.

''Unnie..do you want to know what did I wish for??'' Yerin asked.

''Ne..if you want to tell..'' you said.

''I wish that Kai oppa, won't get angry at me..and the both of you can live happily ever after..'' she beamed and you blushed a little.

''He is not mad..'' Kai said and removed the the Pororo head. Yerin just froze and look at Kai with wide open.

-

Its already evening, and all the kids followed you and Kai to the front gate sending the 2 of you off.

''How did you enjoy your birthday?'' Kai asked Yerin who he is carrying.

''It is the best birthday ever!'' she beamed and give Kai a peck on a cheek.

You pouted.''What about me?''you asked, and Yerin give you a peck also.

-

''Stop grinning Kai..'' you giggle looking at him.

''I can't..I'm happy that Yerin like me,thanks to you ___________-ah!!'' he said and right then Yerin's sentence starts ringing in your mind ''I wish that Kai oppa, won't get mad at me..and the both of you can live happily ever after..'', ''I hope that wish will come tue..''you thought and nearly knock yourself against a pole, but Kai pull you to him.

''Watch where you walk..'' he said.

''Ne..'' you answered and the both of you hold hands and walk to the mascot shop the both of you went earlier to pay for the mascot, at first you plan to just rent it for a day, but Kai insist on buying it so that he can wear it someday for Yerin and the kids in the orphanage.

You realize that you couldn't find Chanyeol or Tao anywhere, well, you did saw the two of them hiding behind a tree across the street during the birthday party, but now where are they?

''I guess, they got fed up, and went back..'' you thought happily.