Chapter 4

Sleeping Beauty

 

''A girl, working the whole night, and have to shower in school to start her day, rushing back after the school ended..hmm,is she from a poor family?like is she the only person that is capable in supporting her family? why must she work so hard?'' Kai thought the whole night, and ended up falling asleep.

The Next Morning~

''Okay..'' said the ahjumma as she just took a quick look over the trays of pastries you just send in.

''You sure..you don't want to check the amount?'' you asked.

''Ani..I trust you..'' the ahjumma said.

''Oh..okay, and one more thing Mrs Lee..starting from today, if there is this boy my age, around this tall, slightly tanned wanted to buy the cheesebread stick, asked him not to pay for it..its my treat..and one more thing, give him this one also..'' you said, as you pointed to the chocolate chip muffin that you have add lots of chocolate chips in it.

''Erm..you mean Kai?'' she asked.

''Yeah, you know him?'' you asked.

''Of course, he is our loyal customer..I mean your loyal customer..'' she said.

''Oh..alright, then..see you later..oh, and please don't tell him is me alright? '' you said and wave goodbye to her, and head off back to class, and the ahjumma nodded.

Just about few minutes after you left, Kai reached the school canteen.

''Morning..''Kai said.

''Morning Kai, early again?'' she asked.Kai just nodded his head awkwardly, as he bit his lower lip.

''Here..'' the ahjumma said as she took out a cheese bread and a chocolate chip muffin from the tray.

''Chocolate chip muffin?'' Kai questioned.

''Mm-hmm..the person that make the pastries want you to have it, and you don't need to pay for them..'' she explained.

''Both of this?'' he pointed at the two.

''Yup..'' the ahjumma nodded.

''Er..okay..thanks..'' he said and left the canteen and walk to his class.

''The person that make the pastries want me to have it? who is this person and how did he or she know that I like, cheesebread stick, and whats with this chocolate chip muffin?'' he thought, and keep the both of it in his bag.

Kai came to school early again, and the reason is simple, he wants to see you and probably talk to you again.

He step into the class, expecting you in there, but you weren't, only your bag is on your desk.

''Where is she?'' Kai thought, but he suddenly feel something or someone right behind him, and he felt cold for some reason, and he froze on the spot he is standing on.

''Kai..shi...''a female voice said his name in a very scary way right behind him, which cause Kai to jump a little and took a step front and face the person or that thing, he nearly scream, when he saw a figure with a white towel covering it.

''Hahahahaha..Kai..you are scared huh?'' you said right after you reveal yourself from the towel.

''_______-ah!er..err..no I'm not!'' he said and regain his position.

''If you say so~~'' you said in a sing-song matter.

''What? I'm really not scared!'' he said and pouted.

''Yeah..yeah..'' you chuckled, and pinched his right cheek a little.

You go back to your seat and continue to dry your hair, and a smile appear on your face when you saw Kai blush again.

''He really is cute..'' you thought.

''_________-ah, what is your job?'' he asked.

''Bwoh?'' you questioned.

''I mean what do you work as for the whole night?'' he explained.

''Erm...I work as a..'' before you could continue your sentence, Mr Lee entered the class.

''Morning, you two are early..'' he added.

''Morning, sir..'' both of you greeted him.

''Can the two of you help me for a little while before school start?'' he asked.

You and Kai look at each other for a second and nodded.

''Alright, then, follow me..'' he said.

You and Kai followed Mr Lee to the staff room.

''Okay, since next monday is carnival day, I need you two to help me with these forms send in from the students, societies,or maybe from teachers..you see most of them want to have their own booth on that day..did your class send in any form?'' Mr Lee asked.

You only look at Kai, because you have no idea,''Erm..they did, they decided to open an ice cream booth'' Kai answered.

''Oh..i see, then I'll leave all this to the two of you, and you may return to your class after you finish it, just leave it there alright?'' he said.

''Ne..'' the both of you agreed.

''Next Monday is karnival day?'' you asked Kai.

''Mm-hmm..you don't know?'' he asked.

You seriously don't know..''I know, I thought it was next next monday..''  you said and fake a laugh.

''Hmm..lets see, I'll separate the forms for game both, and f&b booth alright, and you jot it down..alright?'' he asked.

''Okay..'' you said as you yawn.

''She must be really sleepy..'' Kai thought as he look at you worriedly.

''Erm..why don't you go back to class and sleep? I'll do it..'' he said.

''Ani! Mr Lee asked me to help, so I must do it..'' you said.

''You sure?'' he asked.

''Yes, you sound like a haraboji Kai..'' you said.

Kai shook his head a little, ''Face paintIng booth from class 1-B6, Ice cream booth form our class........''Kai continued.

''......and lastly a cupcake booth from the school canteen..'' he said.

''Cup..cake...booth..school...canteen...'' ,you said as you write it down.

''Bwoh??school canteen??'' you questioned.

''Uh-huh..why?'' Kai asked.

''Why didn't I know about this?'' you muttered.

''You alright?'' he asked.

''Yeah..I'm fine, did they write who is the supplier for the cupcakes and how many cupcakes will they be selling???'' you asked.

''Erm..its says Angel's Bakery, the same supplier for the canteen's pastries, and about 500?'' he replied.

''500..I can do that..'' you thought.

''Oh okay!we are done..'' you beamed and put the forms on the table and skipped back to class living Kai alone.

''Whats with her?'' Kai questioned.