Anger's revenge

Angel's promise, Devil's game - Without you

 

"The 7 deadly sins. Which one are you going to tempt her with now?" Kiseop mentally asked Dongho from the back of the classroom. Dongho, who was sitting at the front of the classroom with Charlotte, half-turned to look at Kiseop who was scribbling on a piece of paper the homework assignment for that day and smirked before returning back to his own paper.

"Anger, gluttony, greed, laziness, lust, envy, pride..." Kiseop chimed in a melodic sing-song voice in Dongho's head.

"Yah, stop it!" Dongho replied mischievously as he pretended to think about the math question in front of him. "Anger, to answer your question. She just got bullied by Madison. Unexpected, but totally wonderful for me. And I've just formulated the best plan to bully Madison and push the blame on Charlotte. Hah! Who would think that the girl will fail on the first test?"

Dongho could feel Kiseop's smirk and nod of approval as the other boy didn't reply throughout the lesson.

*RINGGGGG*

The bell for the change in period pierced through the monotonous drone of lessons which was quickly replaced by loud, boisterous shouting in the hallways as students tried to talk above each other.  "Come quickly!" Dongho grabbed Charlotte's wrist and dragged her out of the classroom. Flustered, Charlotte could barely scoop up all her books and her bag before hurrying after Dongho.  

Dongho lead Charlotte into their next class, Economics, which they had with Madison. Pressing one slender finger to his lips, indicating for her to be silent, he closed the classroom door. The teacher wasn't in class yet and it was 5 minutes too early for anyone to be in class. "Quickly!" Dongho passed a tube of superglue to Charlotte. Their, or rather his, plan was to put glue on Madison's seat so that when she sat down, her clothes would get stuck and she would either have to remain stuck in the chair or cut off her clothes to be free, leaving her exposed and shamed in her underwear.

"Hey Madison! How are you!" Dongho and Charlotte heard a muffled voice outside the class as Kiseop tried to stall Madison. Peeking out from the curtain, Dongho saw Kiseop holding on to Madison's wrist gently while giving her a charming smile. Flattered by the attention from one of the school's most handsome boys, Madison and her posse stopped to chat, not entering the classroom yet. Shooting Charlotte a frantic gaze, waving his hand at her hurriedly, Dongho gestured to her to hurry up before the girls came in. Unsure, Charlotte hovered around the seat with the tube of glue in her hand, the cap still on. As she reached to remove the cap from the glue, she heard a loud, collective gasp come from the corridor. Thinking it was the Principal, she looked up sharply and rushed to open the door, abandoning the superglue in the dustbin beside the door. Standing at the doorway of the classroom, she saw the reason for the collective gasp.

Her brother's new-found clique of boys, Eli, AJ, Hoon, Kevin and Soo Hyun had strode down the corridor like they owned it, with a supernatural confidence that only they could pass off. They had walked past Charlotte without a second look, causing her to simply stare, wide-eyed. They strode past her to Madison, who was standing a few metres from the classroom door. Then, Kevin, who was at the head of the 5 boys, yanked Madison's hand from Kiseop's grasp gently and held her wrist instead. The other 4 boys simply leaned on the row of lockers on the opposite wall as Kevin pushed Madison slightly to lean her on the windows of the classroom. He fixed his beautiful gaze on her and gave her a loving smile, which caused Madison's breath to hitch. Then, Kevin leaned closer. The top two buttons of his long-sleeved shirt was undone and as he leaned closer, Madison took a deep breath of his minty perfume, closed her eyes and puckered up her lips, thinking that he was going to kiss her.

All of a sudden, she felt Kevin release her wrist. Opening her eyelids slowly as she heard a louder, collective gasp from the growing crowd of students around them, she realised that Kevin was no longer standing in front of her. Turning to where everyone was staring, she saw Kevin kissing the new girl that she had bullied, passionately. Madison's lips still puckered, she blushed a deep red, angry that she had been played.

---

Kevin, seeing Madison's eyes closed, knowing that she had fallen for his trick, released her and gotten in front of Charlotte, who was close to tears, in a flash. He had felt Charlotte's heart breaking when he was moving closer to Madison and loved her even more for that. Her pure soul was beautiful. So before the first tear could escape Charlotte's eye, Kevin had placed one hand behind her neck, and slipped one hand around Charlotte's waist, pulling her into a deep kiss. Charlotte could only stand there in shock and amazement as Kevin claimed her lips in front of the whole school. She breathed in his minty scent, feeling dizzy from her first kiss. It ended too fast as the bell for the next period rang. Pulling away, Kevin flashed her the most loving smile that made her heart race as his large, gentle brown eyes looked only at her. Then he turned to Madison who was still standing there in anger and said in a loud voice that carried across the hallway, "NEVER, Madison, touch my girl again. Bully her one more time, and you will see the consequences for yourself." After, he turned back to Charlotte and gave her a warm hug. Feeling his muscular, slim body under his shirt, she blushed again as everyone stared in envy and jealousy.

"Get into class, people! What do you think you are doing!" The discipline master's commanding voice rang down the hallway. Everyone scrambled around as Kevin gave her a sweet peck on her cheek and walked back to the waiting boys. "I'll see you later?" He asked as the boys grinned happily at her. Embarrassed, she nodded shyly and dashed into class. Dongho and Kiseop sat beside her moodily and didn't say a word to her throughout the lesson, but she didn't notice, too absorbed in what had happened earlier. The boy of her dreams had kissed her! Had even taken revenge for her! Her knight in shining armor. Though she had only known him for a day, something in her heart told her that he was the one for her...    

---

"Good job brother, but are you sure this is not against the rules?" Hoon asked Kevin as they settled down in their next class.

Kevin pursed his lips and shrugged slightly, crossing his legs and leaning back on the chair. "I don't think so. There's no where written in the Rules that we cannot interfere. And I didn't do anything she did not want me to do. So it's fine!" His angelic features arranged themselves in a bright look, as he grinned at the 4 boys.

"Yah, not bad!" Soo Hyun chuckled as he reached forward to muss Kevin's hair as the teacher came in.

Charlotte Test 1 - Anger, PASSED.

Kevin bit back a scream as a hot searing pain shot through his right leg. Noticing that their brother was grimacing in pain, the other 4 looked towards him. Kevin bent forward and lifted up his jeans slightly to see the tattoo that was branded on his pale skin, just above his ankle. PASSED. The 5 of them all sighed in relief. One down, six to go.