Angel's plot

Angel's promise, Devil's game - Without you

 

"Umm... He can't really do anything, can he?" Hoon asked the boys in a worried voice. The others frowned thoughtfully.

"The rules were that he cannot make the girl do anything she doesn't want. But, as we have seen from the previous episode, he is using his powers of illusion to... encourage... the girl towards what he wants her to do. He can bend her towards his will even if he cannot force her. That is the loophole in the rule." AJ said, tapping his chin with a pencil.

"We used to leave the girls up to the force of nature for the 7 tests. Somehow, without our interference, the tests would just be there in their lives. But with Dongho, it is no longer safe to leave the girl so vulnerable to the tests. I'm sure he will try his best to tweak it or get involved somehow!" Soo Hyun insisted, pacing back and forth impatiently.

The boys were in a soundproof music practice room, anxious to discuss the impending situation that loomed over them.

"Ok fine." The boys all turned to Kevin, who was sitting in the corner at the piano, who was silent the whole time.

"If we're not going to leave it up to the forces of nature, and we know that Dongho will interfere in the tests, then I suggest that we conduct the tests ourselves instead." Kevin looked at each of his brother with a steely look in his eyes and a serious expression on his face as he turned to each of them. His head bowed, arms crossed at his chest, leaning against the whiteboard, Eli tilted his head up to look at Kevin from the corner of his eye. "What are you proposing, Kevin?"

Kevin smiled a sweet, half-smile, winked and said, "You'll see."

---

  "Those girls were SO mean to you." Dongho commented as he plonked into the seat beside Charlotte. Charlotte had just left the toilet after drying her tears and straightening her clothes. Following her map, she had found her way to her math class without any accident, apart from many people staring at her and either laughing or giving her pitying looks. She felt horrible and was trying to rearrange her long, black hair to cover her face in the hope that no one else would recognise her. She heard Dongho's warm, friendly voice beside her and she looked up with a small, sad smile.

Seeing her lovely brown eyes look at him so hopefully, Dongho stopped breathing momentarily, blinking back a memory and a tear furiously. Forcing another smile on his face to prevent her from seeing his pain, Dongho stuttered, trying to remember what his true intentions were, "I...I..."

"Are you ok, Dongho?" Charlotte asked, concerned, as her new friend looked lost and confused. There was something in his eyes that made her want to hug and take care of him like a younger brother.

"Ah, yes. I was just wondering if you wanted to do something next period." Dongho asked, looking very distracted. Shaking his head imperceptibly, he cleared his thoughts and looked at Charlotte with his usual brilliant smile, putting the girl at ease. "Don't you feel angry? Don't you want revenge on Madison for treating you like that? You don't deserve to be treated like that!" Dongho said with a frown.

"Well... I don't know... Sure, i'm upset, but revenge...? I'm not too sure..." Charlotte hesitated, biting her lip, worried.

"Don't be. I have a plan." Dongho leaned towards her and whispered his plan to her with a sly smirk.

---

"Oh!" AJ gasped loudly in class. The other 4 boys sitting around him whipped their head towards him quickly, already waiting for something to happen.

"What?" Their teacher who was standing at the whiteboard writing a sum paused and turned towards them. "Ah, nothing, Ms Shina." Eli replied smoothly without pausing, winking at her witha charming smile. The teacher's eyes glazed over for a split second before smiling and getting back to her sum. "Don't do that too often, it'll get suspicious." Hoon leaned over to Eli, whispering.

"Something's wrong. Next period." AJ leaned forward to Kevin who was sitting in front of him and whispered. Without turning back, Kevin nodded and continued writing on his paper, his mind already formulating a plan.

---