Meeting the boys

Angel's promise, Devil's game - Without you

 

---

*A mental conversation between Soo Hyun and Kevin*

"Soo Hyun, how did you find this girl?"

"I didn't find her, AJ did. But since I promised you that I would find the right one for you, I just had to come down personally to make sure that she's 'The One'. The promised girl. AJ told me that he sensed a pure soul that was waiting to be born so I disguised myself as a 5 year-old orphan and stood outside the house. Then I got adopted and the moment I entered the house and touched the mother, I knew what AJ felt. And he's right. The last time was a mistake. It was Dongho's prank. This time, it will be correct."

"Hmm."

"Hmm? Is that all? Please Kevin, promise me you will try?"

"You have my promise as an Angel." Kevin smiled tenderly, meeting Soo Hyun's smliling eyes in the rearview mirror.

"Anyway, Kevin, the other 3 are here."

"Yes, I know. Knowing them, we're not going to have any peace from now on." Kevin raised an eyebrow skeptically as he looked out of the window.

---

Kevin and Soo Hyun had been exceptionally quiet in the car throughout the short 5 minute ride to school. Charlotte assumed that it was because they were simply tired from the long flight back from Europe, Their parents had died 4 years ago and Soo Hyun had been over-protective of her since. He was 5 years older than Charlotte but he had various scholarships and commitments that took him all over the world and had always brought Charlotte. This year, they had just returned back to Seoul from their two-year trip in Europe. Wanting to protect Charlotte, Soo Hyun always enrolled himself into her school as a senior, pretending to be 18 when he was actually 20. Charlotte, 15 this year, never complained.

His work overseas puzzled Charlotte, but she never asked, grateful that he was willing to take care of her despite them not being real siblings. Yes, she knew. She had known ever since her parents couldn't produce Soo Hyun's birth certificate when the family wanted to go on a tour and Soo Hyun needed a passport. Nevertheless, Soo Hyun, as always, found a way to solve the problem. How? She never found out.

Staring slightly at Kevin, she wondered if he was another genius, like her brother, and how old he really was. "You don't have to stare, he's really 18, unlike me. And yes, he's a genius at anything vaguely medicine-related" Her brother spoke suddenly, breaking the silence in the car.

Damn... Charlotte thought. Her brother had this uncanny ability to read her thoughts that was sometimes pleasant, but often disturbing and embarrassing as Kevin turned away from the window to look at Charlotte.

"Aish... He doesn't know what he's talking about. Anyway, here we are!" Charlotte scrambled for an excuse as the car parked in the school carpark and she hopped out of the car to look at her new school. This was her 7th school in 4 years and she took a deep, calming breath as she took in the sight of the old yet beautiful brick buildings covered in ivy and flowers. Students in uniform were milling around the campus, talking and laughing as they saw their friends and teachers. She was aware of the envious and curious stares  directed her way as her brother took her hand and led her towards the school office, Kevin on her other side. She knew that Soo Hyun was handsome, but she didn't know that he was THAT handsome. Or maybe it was the sight of a girl being surrounded by two beautiful boys that made her stand out from day 1.

Inside the office, Kevin was filling out his student particulars sheet and Soo Hyun was helping her fill out hers. As the office lady was giving out instructions to the three of them and handing them the school map, 3 gorgeous boys pushed open the office's glass double doors and strolled in, hands in pocket in a confident swagger.

"Miss Wanda, are these the new students? We were called to come and give them a tour of the school." The tall, black-haired boy spoke, winking at the middle-aged office lady who swooned at the sight of him. There was something about him that exuded power and confidence, and made people listen to him. Even Charlotte wanted to bow at his feet and obey him. Shaking her head slightly to clear her thoughts, Charlotte summoned her best smile and held up a hand to the boy.

"Hi, I'm Charlotte!"

"I'm Ellison. This is Hoon and AJ," He took her hand in a firm shake, gesturing to the boys behind him as they nodded to her politely. From behind her, her brother and Kevin finally stepped forward to give Hoon and AJ a guys handshake, the complicated ones that Charlotte could never fully grasp.

Walking out of the office, the 6 of them talked and chatted like old friends. Within 5 minutes, Charlotte felt as though she had known them her entire life. Ellison, AJ and Hoon were seniors in the school. Ellison, who had insisted that everyone call him Eli, was the president of the student council, and the chairperson of a great variety of other clubs and societies. Hoon was the student conductor of all the marching bands, choir, string ensembles and orchestras in the school. AJ was president of the debate society. Kevin had signed up for medical society and Soo Hyun, Public Relations.

Unbeknownst to Charlotte, each of them had a particular skill. Ellison could read minds and was a fantastic leader. Hoon was head musician on their star, Emeryx. AJ could sense the future. He didn't see distinct pictures but he more of, felt, the future. Felt emotions and feelings of the future. Kevin was the best healer and Soo Hyun was good at influencing people. They were all capable of doing what their brothers could do, but there was only one thing that they were best at.

After sending Charlotte to her homeroom for first period, the 5 boys waved goodbye enthusiastically to her before walking down the empty hallway to their homeroom.

"Yah, you guys! Seniors and president of this council or that society? Studying at this school for 4 years already? Like I didn't know you only arrived last night! You are good!" Soo Hyun mocked the 3 of them teasingly.

AJ smiled slyly and said, "After you, Eli is the best at influencing people. It's high time that he put that to good use."

Chuckling softly in a low voice, Eli turned to Kevin. "We're all here to make sure that Dongho isn't playing any tricks. We don't know how he found his way around the rules the last time, but we're here to find out. No matter what, the girl will pass the tests and we will not let you fade." He said in a determined voice, his piercing eyes meeting Kevin's gentle ones.

"Do I look that lousy to you?" Kevin joked and smiled brightly. "Don't worry, even though I still cannot forget Avery, but I no longer hurt each time I think of her. And I will put all my heart into loving Charlotte." Grabbing the guys into a group hug, Kevin laughed a tinkling laugh. Convinced and assured that they had their brother back, the other 4 boys relaxed and mussed up Kevin's hair mischievously before striding into their classroom as the bell rang.