Your Footsteps : 04

노의 발소리가 그리워: I Miss The Sound of your Footsteps (Can I Love Again?)

 

"Yah! what do you want?" 

I'm pinned down to that dark alley. Why the hell did I have to make that turn! I'm really stupid aren't I? Who will hear me                 scream here?

"Well you seemed to be in a hurry and... you look like you needed some company~" one of them said taking a step closer. 

"Huh? The hell with your delusions?!" I spat at him, I know being all cocky like this won't get me anywhere but at least it'll buy me some time.

"You're a feisty one aren't ya! Are you sure you're a guy? You have a beautiful skin, and a beautiful face too?" the other one said pinning me closer and disgustingly touching my cheeks. I kicked him by the shin and make a run for it but the other one caught me and drag me to the dumpster. 

I was aching with the impact, the guitar on my back was so important I can't even use it for a weapon. I'm in a real deep right now, I didn't know that leaving in Korea would be this difficult, the other day I was the one saving someone and now I'm the one needed some saving.

Hey you, you said you'd protect me, where are you now?

The thought of a person who once promise me protection slip through my mind, and I smiled at myself. I became this strong because of him.

I stood up and ran again but they both pinned me on the ground. 

"HHEEELLLPPP! SOMEONE!" I shouted. 

"Pathetic screams, even if you're a guy, with that face of yours, I'll be satisfied~" the man growled covering my mouth with his dirty hands and prying open my shirt. I was doomed.

A sudden whack broke the man towering at me as he was hit at the site of his right ear with a huge brick, he stirred up unfocused then fell bleeding, the other man let go of me and was attempting to fight but he was whacked and fell unconscious on top of me.

It was dark and I can't figure out the man's face, but he helped me up and he pulled me out of the alley. 

"Why the hell would you walk right there!" he cussed.

I pulled my hand away from his. "I'm fine! Thank you~" I said in a sarcastic, ungrateful tone. He turned to look at me and this guy... I knew him.

"Hey! you're the guy who mistook me for someone?" 

He brushed his hair with his hands. Now that I looked at his normal face, compared to his desperate one. He looked okay, more than that, he looked like a model or something. He's really handsome, not that I'm interested!"

"Yeah." he said guiltily. "Are you hurt?" 

His low, deep voice shook me like there was an earthquake or something. Something I never felt before. Who is this guy?

"L-Like I said, i'm fine! How do you know I'm here? Are you stalking me? I said I'm not the person-"

"You're not fine." he cut me off. "You're forehead is bleeding." 

I felt my hand reach for my forehead, and when I looked at it, it's really bleeding.

He pulled me, put a handkerchief against my head. "Apply pressure." he said bluntly and we walked towards the bustling night crowd, who looked at me like I was some kind of a freak with blood trickling on my forehead and my clothes tattered. 

"Where are you taking me? You're kidnapping me?" I asked making quite a scene.

"I'm a doctor, I'll treat that big bump on your head." he said monotonously. 

I wonder if this person can have other expression rather than giving me a blunt one. 

He quite forcefully dragged me to his oh-so-handsome car, well it suited him at least, a sleek black Mercedez. He opened the door and put me inside., like a baggage then entered the driver's seat.

Now, with all the adrenaline lost. I can feel the throbbing pain on my head and the surroundings were quite spinning. I shook my head. "! If you're going to kidnap me I don't have any ransom money..." I blabbered.

"Keep still." he growled in his low voice. He reached to my side to lessen the inclination of my seat when he accidentally locked his eyes on mine. 

Thump.

What was that?

He immediately look away as if I disgust him and continue what he was doing.

"I'll drive you to the hospital~" he said.

I felt a cold water trickled my spine. I hate hospitals... I don't like it one bit. With the panic overwhelming my sanity I pulled his arm, and he looked at me almost as surprise by my actions as I am. "Not the hospital... please."

He avoided looking at me again then sighed. "I think hospital is the best option there is, we don't know if there are some concussions on your head or internal hemorrhage." he said flinching at the words he said, it felt as though he didn't want anything of the sort to happen to me. Why did this person even care?

"Anywhere but the hospital." I stated. 

He didn't spare me another glance. He started the engine and the car moved. "You shouldn't sleep." he said and anything else comes to a blur.

.

.

.

.

I woke up with an unfamiliar room. The windows are shut and it's a little bit cold. It seems familiar but I didn't know where have I seen it. Remembering what had happened I gently touched my head and realize a bandage was professionally place there. The next thing I look for is my guitar who luckily sits at the far end of the room. I sat up and saw the man who saved me sleeping on his desk.

I'm still with him? Am I in his house?!"

I crept up and collect my thoughts. It's still creepy, I mean this guy is creepy. The first time I saw him was he's so desperate to die, then he begged me that I knew him when I didn't and then he appeared when I was being attacked, although I'm really thankful for that.

I sighed. it's no use meddling with other's business, it's better if we don't see each other again. 

As quiet as I can be. I tried to walk unnoticed...

"Where are you going being sneaky like that."

and I failed.

"Thank you for everything, I'll go on ahead." I said trying to sound too convincing when he looked at me with that dreamy eyes of his.

"Okay then, before you go you need to pay first, the x-ray fees, ct-scan and professional fee." he said.

"WHAT?! CT-scan? X-ray?! How the hell did I have those test?" I shouted. "You brought me to the hospital?! I told you not to!" 

Okay. I totally hate him now.

"You needed those test, and you threw up on my car, that's another fee." he said walking pass me then towards the bathroom. I needlessly followed him. "Hey you! I threw up on your car?! That's nonsense!"

"You threw up and that's how I decided to let you undergo on some tests." He said."I'm a doctor and I can't leave you without proper treatment it's in our-"

"Oath... I know. You've gone too far... I told you I hate hospitals." I spat at him, he looked at me then immediately looked away. "You're asleep. It doesn't matter." he answered.

"Hey Mister, I barely even knew you. You're going way overboard about this whole set up. First, you follow me on my work unless you're an old man whose looking for fun, and I bet you're not. Then You dragged me on your car and then you locked me up on your house asking me to pay for something I didn't request, and not even once did you look at me, did I disgust you that much?" I shouted and threw words at him in an unstoppable pace that it left me gasping for air. 

"I'm sorry." he said out of the blue. "You don't have to pay for anything anymore, you can go now."

What? Just like that?

"What?!" I asked perplexed. "Are you toying with me?" 

He stared and then threw a small smile on me. "I said it's okay. You can leave now." 

I'm still angry about what he did, and his change of mood pissed me off. I grabbed my guitar and went straight out of his apartment.

......................... 

 

To be continued