Fic: Christmas Presents

The Donggyu Fanclub

20111217_seoulbeats_infinite.jpg
 

A/N (leader_shii) : Heeeey. So, since my dear toshi posted a drabble not too long ago, I figured that it is now my time to shine :P so here is a fic perfect for the time of year.

ING CHRISTMAS. OH YEAAAAAH. ;__;

Did I mention that I love winter? And Christmas? And CHRISTMAS TREES AND I LOVE YOU GUYS TOO SO COMMENT PLEASEEEE :DDD


 

Eurgh. I just. Can't anymore. Hyung, please. Let's just go home now. We're tired,” a very exhausted dinosaur whined from his face down position on the floor. The elder just arched his brow and kept his heavy breathing quiet, because no, they couldn't stop. They had a big stage the following day and they had only practised for three hours.

 

They needed three more at least.

 

What surprised him, though, was that Dongwoo, of all people, was the one complaining. He'd assumed that it would be Sungyeol or the maknae doing the complaining, like usual. But to his even bigger surprise, those two were quiet the whole time, taking practice really seriously.

 

Had he switched parallel universities or something? Nothing was like it was supposed to be.

 

Well, except Hoya, Myungsoo and Woohyun. Those three were their usual derpy selves.

 

So what was wrong with Dongwoo then?

 

Suddenly the worrying mother hen inside of him awoke, and yes. That side of him was stronger when concerning the second oldest because...why? Sunggyu of course knew why, at least his heart and stomach and liver and every other organ, his brain too, knew. His mind, though, didn't.

 

Or didn't want to know while knowing it very well but just not admitting it.

 

Well...what his organs and heart and brain wanted to tell his mind since...forever, really, was that Kim Sunggyu was definitely and undeniably in love with Jang Dongwoo.

 

Not that he knew. Because his mind didn't want him to know.

 

Or something.

 

Back to the worrying mother hen, aka Sunggyu, who picked up a water bottle and slowly walked to the dinosaur who was very intimate with the floor at that moment.

 

Here.”

 

With a groan, Dongwoo looked up and smiled tiredly at Sunggyu, taking the bottle with a grateful nod. Sunggyu smiled and sat down next to him, leaning his back against the wall and closing his eyes.

 

They were all pretty tired. Now that Christmas was approaching there were all kinds of specials they had to attend, shows and concerts and whatever. Christmas...he thought about how he couldn't spend it with his family this year. None of mum's homemade food, none of dad's cheesy drunk Christmas carols, none of his aunts squishing and squeezing his cheeks and yeah. He'd miss even the last thing on the list.

 

Suddenly he felt a weight drop onto his lap and he startled out of his daze. Looking down, he caught the eyes of his subconscious object of affection and conscious object of confusion. Dongwoo smiled up from his position in the elder's lap, a comforting and warm smile. Sunggyu felt his cheeks heat up and he didn't know why. Maybe it was because Dongwoo's hair was tousled so attractively, because his cheeks had a faint red from the exercise or maybe because of how his eyes twinkled with comfort and a strange something he couldn't quite name.

 

Hey,” he croaked out, running a hand through the younger's hair. Dongwoo purred and closed his eyes, nuzzling more into the elder's lap.

 

Hey.”

 

Is something wrong? Are you sick?,” he immediately started fussing over the younger, touching his forehead and cupping his cheeks, checking for any kind of change in temperature. The younger was quiet for a moment, staring at the fussing leader again with this unreadable gaze. But then he smiled gently and grabbed the elder's hands, kissing his palms.

 

What. The. Actual. .

 

Sunggyu froze, mind and heart racing and why does he react like this? He literally felt as if his heart would burst out of his chest any minute, cheeks a rosy pink and eyes wider than ever. Dongwoo didn't seem to notice, since he entwined their fingers and gazed at the ceiling.

 

Nothing's wrong, Gyu. Just...tired.”

 

Sunggyu snapped out of his mind freeze and stared down at the younger worriedly. He looked sad and discouraged and then he finally got it.

 

It's because of Christmas, huh?”

 

Dongwoo didn't look at him, but his face fell a little. Sunggyu smiled sadly and ran a soothing hand through the light pink hair. The rapper hummed and tightened his grip on Sunggyu's free hand.

 

I'm sad too. I miss my family,” the leader mumbled, hand never leaving the soft strands of the other. His eyes were directed at the other's, who were fooling around like little children. Woohyun and Hoya were having a kind of dance battle and Woohyun was losing pitifully. The maknae line was fighting over what seemed like a piece of paper and he couldn't help but smile.

 

Looking down at the male in his lap, he smiled and moved his knee up and down, getting the attention of the other. Nodding into the direction of the youngsters, he smiled.

 

Look.”

 

And he saw the look of realisation on Dongwoo's face and how it lit up a little bit.

 

He got what he meant.

 

This is our little family, don't you think so?”

 

Dongwoo chuckled and nodded, squeezing Sunggyu's hand.

 

So you're the dad and I'm the mum?”

 

Sunggyu burst out laughing, drawing the attention of everyone in the room. Curious eyes stared straight at them, demanding to know what is so funny and Dongwoo was smiling up at him and he felt so happy.

 

Hyung? What is so funny?,” he heard Sungjong's voice. The elder just shook his head and stood up, gently pushing Dongwoo's head off his lap.

 

Come on, guys. Let's practice.”

 

Sungjong immediately came barreling towards him, showing him the picture the three of them were fighting over and of course. It was a poster of a girl group.

 

Look, hyung. Don't you think that I totally deserve this picture? Because I know all their dances?”

 

No, hyung. It's my picture, cause I have all of their albums!,” Sungyeol butted in, glaring at the youngest and tugging on Sunggyu's sleeve cutely. Sunggyu smiled gently at them and then his eyes found the rose-haired rapper again, who was now working on a part from the dance with Hoya.

 

At that moment, the barrier that was blocking his mind fell and holy . He was in love with Dongwoo.

 

Holy ing of mothering hell.

 

-

 

Hyung. Pssst. Hyung. Wake up!”

 

Wha-wha-what?,” Sunggyu mumbled, opening his eyes only to shoot up when he saw a face directly above his. The result was a painful collision of foreheads, which had him and the other individual cringing and holding their heads in pain.

 

OW! What the , Dongwoo?!,” Sunggyu whisper-yelled, the best glare he could muster in his sleepy state placed perfectly on his face. Dongwoo repressed the coos, because the leader looked really cute like that. Instead he grabbed his hand and pulled him from the bed and out of the room, the hamster whining and tugging on his hand because why did he have to move?

 

Soon they arrived in the living room and suddenly something was into his arms, which made the hamster nearly topple over.

 

What the , Dongwoo? You don't just throw things-

 

It's your Christmas present-”

 

You don't just throw Christmas presents at three in the ing morn- Wait, my Christmas present? My Christmas present?”

 

It was still quite dark in the room, the small Christmas tree with little lights they had set up the night before the only source of light, but Sunggyu could hear the other shuffling his feet and he could just imagine the sheepish look the younger would be wearing.

 

...why did you buy me a present? Am I the only one who gets one?,” Sunggyu asked, feeling around the package to find out what it was. To his disappointment, it was in a box and he couldn't feel anything particular.

 

No, everyone gets something, but...yours is the biggest and I didn't want the others to feel neglected so I just wanted to give it to you...now.”

 

Sunggyu chuckled and took a step closer to the other. Finding Dongwoo's arm, he slipped his hand down along it and then gripped the others hand.

 

...Did he just feel the younger shiver? Nah, it must be his imagination.

 

Thank you,” he mumbled, squeezing the hand and then pulling away to turn on the lights. Dongwoo was wearing his sleep wear, boxers and a loose shirt. He had bed hair and bags underneath his eyes. Sunggyu wanted to tell him to go to sleep, but somehow he also wanted to keep him there for a while.

 

Instead of saying anything, he just sat down on the couch and carefully opened the package, noticing out of the corners of his eyes how Dongwoo was shifting around nervously.

 

When he finally got the box open, his eyes widened.

 

It was a teddy bear. But it wasn't the teddy bear part that fazed him, no. It was the little plush heart it was holding, which was saying: “I love you, be mine”.

 

The eldest opened and closed his mouth a few times, speechless. The silence was filling the room and made him feel like he was suffocating.

 

I...I. Dongwoo, I-”

 

Merry Christmas and good night, hyung,” he could hear the clearly rejected voice of the younger and his head snapped up.

 

Wait!,” he called out.

 

Dongwoo stopped in his tracks and turned around slowly, refusing to look into his eyes.

 

I-,” he his lips nervously, carefully placing the bear next to him.

 

You. I have to give you my. My present.”

 

With that he grabbed the younger's hand again and pulled him into the direction of the kitchen. When he found it empty, he went to the entrance hall, and from there to the bathroom.

 

Where is it...”

 

Hyung, where...where are you pulling me?”


“Where did Sungyeol put it, for- OH. There it is.”

 

Dragging Dongwoo to the terrace door, he hefted his gaze on something over their heads. The younger was confused and he just wanted to sleep, because he had just been rejected and he wanted to cry into his pillow, thank you very much.

 

But before he could put that into words, he suddenly heard a small “Merry Christmas” when they were standing beneath the door frame. The rapper looked around, confused because there was nothing there.

 

Sunggyu, though, was looking up and wearing this small smile which Dongwoo loved so much and so, he slowly lifted his chin to come face to face with a small plant hanging from the frame. His mouth formed a little 'o' and holy . Was that a mistletoe?

 

Once again he heard a small “Merry Christmas” and when he turned to face the older, he felt soft lips on his. His heart did a little jump and he felt his face heat up, but kissed back nonetheless. The elder's lips were soft and gave easily, he loved how they pressed up against his own and slowly, he wrapped his arms around the elder's waist.

 

Breaking away, Sunggyu smiled against the rose-haired male's lips.

 

I'm your present this year.”

 

And Dongwoo once again felt his face heat up, his smile huge and blinding. Slowly, he cupped the elder's cheeks while brushing his thumbs underneath his eyes.

 

Pretty, he thought and softly kissed the straight nose, eyes closed. He listened to the elder's deep breaths and he felt his chest tighten with happiness. Suddenly he wanted to jump around and scream because he finally had him.

 

So, what do you say, mommy. Won't you give daddy another kiss?,” Sunggyu mumbled cheekily, arms wrapped around the other's middle, squeezing tight. Dongwoo couldn't keep his laughter in and then dove in for a short kiss.

 

I changed my mind, I wanna be daddy. You're too pretty for a daddy,” he grinned against soft lips and Sunggyu's face almost turned as red as his face. “Yah,” he pouted but then leaned forward again, the both of them enjoying a slow kiss.

 

Merry Christmas,” a spying choding whispered into the air with a gentle smile on his face.

 

Yah, do you think just because you hang up the mistletoe it is thanks to you that they got together?,” an annoyed maknae whined into his ears. Sungyeol just shushed him and pushed his palm into his face. Myungsoo lay in his bed and rolled his eyes at the younger's antics, but a smile still grew on his face.

 

Merry Christmas, everyone,” he whispered and closed his eyes.

 

...

 

...YAH, will you two finally shut up?! I wanna finish this story with a cheesy ending and you are totally ruining it for me!,” the visual seethed and glared at the other two.

 

Psh, as if I would let this story end with you as the last scene! It is obviously me, who has got to be in the final scene, so: Merry Christmas, everyone!”

 

No, it's me! MERRY CHRISTMAS!”

 

YAH!”


“YAH!”

 

NO, YOU 'YAH'! ALL OF YOU 'YAH'!”

 

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?! WE ARE TRYING TO SLE- HYUNGS! Are you two making out?!”

 

What, who is making out?”

 

N-nobody. Howon, tell him!”

 

Dongwoo-hyung and Sunggyu-hyung were making-”

 

NO! We weren't-”

 

Of course we were, yeobo, why are you deny-”

 

Oh, shut up, you-”

 

And like that Christmas night ended at the Infinite dorm. Just like every year.

 

In a shouting match.