Messages

Viral Interaction

 

Daehyun peeled himself off his crisp linen bed as he rubbed the sleep away from his eyes. Almost every day since he had left Seoul he had woken up in a new place, a new room and a new bed. At the very most he would sleep in the same hotel room for two nights but then leave again to a new town. He found the whole situation so surreal as he spent majority of his time with the other trainees and hovering around backstage just in case the usual dancers could no longer perform. Occasionally the trainees were thrown on stage to perform whilst the seniors darted back stage to change into their next flamboyant outfits but the feeling of watching hundreds, no thousands of people cheering was breathtaking.

Daehyun knew that the crowd wasn’t really cheering for him or anyone else on stage in particular. They were all patiently waiting for their idols to return on stage and kindly cheered for the trainees whilst they waited. But watching them all sway their glow sticks, their boisterous cries, it was all so overwhelming.

The very first time he had stepped on stage the sound of everyone nearly knocked him off his feet. He remembered turning to Junhong, no he remembered turning to Zelo who looked as if he was finally at his natural habitat. He had told Daehyun that he wanted to be known as Zelo on stage and so that was what he had called him ever since they left the airplane. The mere fact that Daehyun called him Zelo instead of Junhong always put a smile across his timeless face.

Daehyun could never be so confident in his dancing as Jongup on stage and he couldn’t rap or even beatbox as well as Zelo so a part of him was always a little awkward on stage. He guessed being thrown on stage would be a good way to adapt to it one day but Daehyun doubted he could ever get used to the feeling unless he was on stage with a microphone in his hand. He believed that would be the only time he could show a confidence like his younger friends.

Daehyun sat up and looked over at the bed beside him where Zelo was still fast asleep. They still had a couple hours before they had to leave and prepare on the set so he allowed the younger boy to sleep. Even though he didn’t really need to grow anymore, sleep was still important for him.

Quietly as possible Daehyun reached over for his phone to read over his messages that had accumulated over the weeks he had spent abroad. He couldn’t receive messages when went overseas but now that he was back on home soil, his phone would be able to send and receive messages just fine. Daehyun looked through the messages Youngjae had sent him over the past couple weeks. All of his messages were of support since he too knew that Daehyun wouldn’t be able to read any of them until he returned back to the homeland.

 

Good luck!

 

You have to tell me EVERYTHING when you get back! GOOD LUCK!

 

Break a leg…not literally!

 

Don’t screw up!

 

Stay strong!

 

Those had been only a handful of messages Youngjae had sent him. Daehyun had left his laptop back at the dorm; there was no point in bringing it along since majority of its time would be spent in his bag. Also he couldn’t risk damaging it as he brought it along city to city. So the only thing he had brought with him was his phone which didn’t work half the time due to being overseas but it didn’t really matter. It wasn’t as if Daehyun had the privacy to be on his own now that he was always sharing his hotel room with a trainee.

Daehyun knew that it was too early for Youngjae to be awake but he couldn’t help messaging him. If Youngjae wanted to he could simply yell at him later. After all when was the next time he was going to be in the country?

 

Touched down a couple hours ago and managed to get some sleep. Can’t sleep now though, you know how much of a morning person I am right? We’re meant to be out all day and I probably won’t get back to the hotel room till late again. I might be able to sneak in a couple messages to you during breaks :)