Tease

Viral Interaction

 

Seeing Youngjae’s contagiously bright smile was addicting. It wasn’t just his smile; it was his company. Daehyun wanted to skip those endless lessons of dance and singing and visit his friend. It would be so easy for him to catch the bus and drop by but he didn’t come to Seoul for social purposes, he was there to work. Not to mention Youngjae would have hated him if he were to do such a thing. At times Daehyun thought that Youngjae himself was more passionate about him making it big than he himself.

 

Sometimes Daehyun wanted to give up. He had those days where he was completely tired of everything and just wanted to go home. Jongup and Junhong would try their best to try and encourage to keep going but neither of them truly understand how much was weighing on Daehyun’s shoulders. He wasn’t as gifted in dancing as the other two and he always struggled with controlling his body. His inability to dance as well as the others was always frustrating but nothing compared to the heavy weight of school work that waited for him every day at the dorm. Some days he wanted to simply ignore all that homework and procrastinate but Youngjae would always refuse to speak to him until it was done. Not only was he the one to force Daehyun into doing his work, he seemed to empathise with Daehyun. Being stuck indoors most of the time and getting routine treatments, it must have been hell for Youngjae but he never complained about it. He simply listened to Daehyun’s complaints and empathised with him the best he could.

Even though Youngjae’s words never actually solved anything, it was nice to know that he was always there to support him.

The only downside was that the more Youngjae forced Daehyun to do his work, the less time they actually spoke with each other. He missed the endless hours of their stupid conversations and he hated that his work had to get in the way. Neither of them mentioned that fact but he was sure that their lack of time together was nagging at the back of Youngjae’s mind as well.

 

There were nights where Daehyun wanted to sneak out of the dorm and visit Youngjae but it was unfortunate for them that the hospital didn’t allow visitors so late at night.

In fact throughout his day Daehyun spent more time with Jongup and Junhong since they shared similar schedules. The two of them often teased Daehyun for his inability to dance well but always made it up by helping him out. In return he would help with them vocally, although Junhong didn’t really need it since he was a rapper but he liked to join in anyway. Daehyun couldn’t help but think that Junhong was afraid of being left alone and had grown a strong attachment towards Jongup.

 

“Hey Daehyun,” Jongup asked during their lunch break, “I don’t mean to stick my nose into your business or anything but who do you talk to at night?”

“Yeah! Sometimes we hear you typing away and then we hear you laughing sometimes. Is it a girl?” Junhong wiggled his eyebrows playfully.

Daehyun shook his head and laughed, “No. I’m just talking to a friend.” He caught the suspicious glances from the two younger boys and added, “We're just friends.”

Junhong elbowed Jongup playfully, “Sure, friends. We getcha.”