Puppy Dog Eyes

Two Peas in a Pod

 

“You didn’t drive here, did you?” She asked.

 

“Ani. I took the van.” He replied. Then a shiny object was about to hit his face, but thanks to his fast reflexes, he caught it and realized it was a car key.

 

“I brought my car. You can drive.” She told him as they walked pass the sliding doors of the mall.

 

“I want bbq. I haven’t had any in like a month!" Bella said in a whining voice. She really is like a little sister to him. He can’t help but slime whenever she whines.

 

They went to the closest bbq place they could find since Bella kept on saying she’s going to die from starvation. They sat down and noticed all eyes were on them. Both of their security details were on their tail so they have nothing to worry about.

 

“So tell me, are you dating anyone? Can I meet her?” She said with bright eyes of excitement.

 

“Looks like you already did your research. No need for me to even answer that. Kure, you can meet her sometime. I think you and Eun Jeong will get along.” He told her.

 

“Anyways, what brings you to Korea? I heard you have a lot going on in America?” Curiosity beamed out of Hyun Joongs eyes.

 

“Oh my mom asked me to manage our company branches here. I guess they’re not doing well or something. Uncle Steven also asked me to do some work for him. I’m guessing either for you or another star.” Bella told him informatively.

 

Bella is only 21 years old but her work experience can beat that of a 50 year old. She is the only daughter of one of New York’s power couple. Her parents each own a corporation from each of their families. Her mom’s family is originally from Korea but when business got larger, they moved to America. Her dad’s family originally from Sweden but immigrated to America to find a better life. Her paternal grandfather built his empire from ground up.  Her dad owns one of the largest luxury hotel chains in the world. While her mom owns a major cosmetics company. They also have other business ventures in different areas such as petroleum, food merchandizing, and entertainment.

 

“Oh.. so Boss Steven called you huh. Wonder what for.” He said inquisitively. Steven and Bella are the people that helped him be where he is now.  

 

“You wanna watch a movie tonight? My place has a pretty cool movie theater room.” Bella said in her cheerful voice.

 

“I don’t know kiddo. I might be busy. I have to prepare for tomorrow. I think I have some meetings and rehearsals.” He told her apologetically.

 

“But…but… I don’t want to watch a movie alone.. I’ll be super bored.” Bella’s puppy dog eyes never fails on anyone.

 

“Hmm.. let me call my manager to ask.” He said surrendering to her plea. He found out his schedule and decided he didn’t need to do any preparations.

 

“Kure. I can hang out with u. My schedule isn’t so bad tomorrow.” He informed her. A broad smile formed on her face as he told her. Seeing her smile makes his heart flutter each time.

 

“Should we invite the double s 501 oppas? The more the merrier right?” She asked

 

“Ani, they might be busy.” He said immediately. He wanted to have his sweet Bella all to himself just this time since they haven’t seen each other in two years.

 

They proceeded to Bella’s condo that she is renting while she’s in the country. It oozes luxury but it’s simple at the same time. Clean lines, very modern, and warm  is what she prefers when it comes to interior designs.

 

“How long are you staying this time?” Hyun Joong asked while looking around. The place is set up like she’s staying for a while.

 

“Hmm..i don’t know.. I think a year? Maybe more. I haven’t really looked at my work load yet. I came to you as soon as the jet landed.”

 

“Shincha? Wow I feel special.” He said teasing her.

 

“Coz you are special Hyun Joong-shi.”