We need to talk

Two Peas in a Pod

 

(English)“Daniel, please tell the driver to get the car ready. I need to leave for the office soon.” She announced.

 

(English) “Yes, miss.” Daniel said and left.

 

Bella grabbed her jacket along with her suitcase and started for the door. She looks very professional today in her Armani suit. A contrary of the way she was dressed yesterday which was some rugged skinny jeans, high heeled booties, a cut off tank top and a jacket. She looked very fashionable in a rebellious way.

 

Bella arrived in front of the company building. She sees the a big entourage waiting for greet her.

“They probably know they’re in for some scolding.” She thought as she got out.

 

“Goodmorning Miss Lindt.” They all said in unison.

 

“Godmorning.” She greeted back. “Is everything ready for the meeting?” She continued as she walked through the glass doors.

 

“Yeh, ma’am.” The Operations Manager answered.

 

“Alright. Lead the way.” She told her. When they got to the conference room, Bella took her seat at the head of the table. All the board members and administration employees were waiting for her.

 

“Lets get started, shall we?” Bella said as she opened her files.

 

The meeting ended with everyone jaw n the floor. Bella had just announced that she will be putting everyone on performance evaluation and whoever doesn’t meet the criteria gets fired. Since nobody is talking about how the company’s sales have gone down almost 50%. Nobody is doing anything wrong in their perspective so she has to take matters into her own hands. Not that she did not expect this, she was just hoping for the best so she would have less work. She sighed about how much more work it’s going to be.

 

“I need to go to Uncle Steven’s office now.  I told him I would after I finished with this crap.” Bella is back to her usual self. Her attitude and personality changes whenever she’s at work.  She likes to be very professional so people will take her seriously.

 

“Khaja” She told her driver. He answered with a nod and started to drive.

 

Bella arrived at Steven Lee’s office and smiled at his secretary.

 

“Hi Won Yi-shi. Is Uncle in his office?” she inquired.

 

“Deh, Bella-shi. You can let yourself in. They’re waiting for you.” She replied.

 

“They? Hmm..” She said as she walked in.

 

“Uncle Steven, how are you?! (English)” She greeted as she went to hug him.

 

“Bella Lindt! I’m doing good sweetie. I see you are too. (English)” He replied while squeezing her.

Bella looked around to see Kyun Joong sitting on one of the chairs. Along with his manager and Steven’s associates. She greeted them as well. She treated Hyun Joong very professional since they’re there to work.

 

“So why have you summoned me President Steven” she asked.

 

“I’ll talk to you about that after this. First I wanna talk about Hyun Joong’s next career move. By the way, I saw pictures of you guys in the news this morning. I think it’s also all over the papers. This is actually good publicity for Hyun Joong. His face and name are going to be exposed internationally since you’re a known New York socialite.” Steven explained.

 

“Glad I could help.” Bella smiled. She knew this would help Hyun Joong’s career, not that she meant to do that on purpose. “Are you doing an interview today Hyun Joong-shi?” she looked to Hyun Joong.

 

“Deh, after this meeting I’m going to do a Tv interview that’s going to be on air tomorrow.” He looked disgruntled about something. Bella has a gut feeling it’s because of what Steven had said about his career.

 

“Kure. That shouldn’t be too bad.” Bella looking at him intently.  Steven continued on with the meeting. They decided for now just to focus on Hyun Joong’s new drama role.

 

Everyone left the room except for Bella and Steven. He still hasn’t told her why she was there.

 

“Bella, how much work are you taking on in your company? Is it really in a dire state?” He asked her.

 

“Well, there’s a lot of work. But I think the problem is within the employees. I don’t think there’s good organization and communication. So everything that they’ve been doing is inefficient. ‘You’re only as strong as your weakest link’ as they say. Nothing I can’t handle though. Why?”

 

“That’s good. I was actually thinking of taking a break.  I was going to ask Ren to take over while I’m gone since he’s my only son, but he doesn’t have any experience with this business yet.” Bella is wondering why he’s telling her this. Does he want her to help Ren? Ren has been her friend since she can remember. He’s perfectly capable of taking over if he wanted to.

 

“Why do you wanna take a break? That’s not like you. But I guess you’re getting old. Things change.” She joked.

 

“My wife has been on my case about getting my surgery done since I have a kidney tumor. So Ren is coming tomorrow to start and I would like you to help him. I was thinking of giving you guys equal administrative power in the company.”

 

“Uncle, Ren is perfectly capable of doing this on his own. He’s really great you know.” Bella told him. She would not mind helping Ren, but she does not think he needs her help.

 

“I know he is. But he doesn’t understand people sometimes. He has the mind of a great business man, but he isn’t compassionate towards people. Please Bella, just help him. I’ve talked to him about it and he said he wouldn’t mind since he’s also managing the Hong Kong sector. He’ll be flying out there a lot.” He’d appreciate your help.

 

“Alright Uncle, I’ll do it. I better get paid a whole lot of money for this.” Bella said sarcastically.

 

“Of course you will. You’re my favorite niece.” He smiled at her.

 

Bella walked out of the room with Steven to see Hyun Joong waiting for her in the lobby.