Is It The End?

When I Fall

“Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!” Junhee screamed.

“I’m sorry, Junhee. I didn’t mean that. Sorry.”

“No. No, Hyunrin. It’s okay! Hey, finally for the first time my house will be visited by celebrity. Hahahaha…”

“Heeeeeeyy!!” Hyunrin hit Junhee with a pillow and they did a pillow fight for almost an hour.

Ting!

They heard someone pushed the bell.

“Doojoon oppa?” Junhee and Hyunrin were looking each other, asking the same question.

Hyunrin jumped and ran to open the door. She took a deep breath and opened the door. She didn’t know how much she wanted to faint when she saw Doojoon standing in front of her, smiling so brightly.

“Hey, jagiya.”

Hyunrin blinked without saying anything.

“Jagiya? Are you okay?” Doojoon waved his hand in front of Hyunrin’s face.

Hyunrin closed her eyes, tried to stable her heartbeat. She didn’t know how to react. She missed Doojoon so bad. She missed his eyes, his lips, his nose, she missed him.

Doojoon cupped Hyunrin’s cheeks and looked straight to her eyes. “Didn’t you miss me?”

Hyunrin bit her lower lip, her eyes went teary. “Oppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!” finally Hyunrin hugged Doojoon first, she hugged him tighly. Doojoon hugged her back. “I miss you.”

Hyunrin buried her face on Doojoon’s chest, smelling his scent. She was still hugging Doojoon.

“Did you miss me that much? Hahahaha…” Doojoon asked while kissing the top of Hyunrin’s head.

Hyunrin let the embrace off, but Doojoon’s hands was still hanging on her waist.

“Don’t you know how desperate I was when I heard that Beast got into that plane accident?”

“Oh yeah?” Doojoon asked while raising his eyebrows, teasing Hyunrin.

“Of course!” Hyunrin pouted. “I’m glad that you guys are safe, I’m afraid that you……”

“Me what?”

“Die.” Hyunrin lowered her head down, wondering it.

Doojoon hugged Hyunrin again and kissed her forehead. “What will you do if I die?”

“No! Don’t ask me that question! Don’t make me think about that!”

Doojoon messed Hyunrin’s hair. “Never again. Oh btw, are you staying here tonight?”

“Umm.” Hyunrin nodded. “I can’t sleep, oppa. That’s why I decided to sleep here.”

“May I join to sleep here?”

Hyunrin pulled away, looked so confused. “What? What did you say? You? Sleep here?”

Doojoon gave a simple nod. Hyunrin giggled. “You must be kidding.”

“I won’t go home without you. Let me sleep here or go home with me?”

“So, you’re here to pick your wife up?” suddenly Junhee spoke, shocking Hyunrin and Doojoon.

“W-- Wife? Hahahahahaha…” Hyunrin laughed for nothing, she just covered her unstable heartbeat.

“Come on, Hyunrin. You should go home. Your husband is here to pick you up.” Junhee kept teasing Hyunrin, made her blushed.

“Stop it, Junhee.” Doojoon said and messed Hyunrin’s hair. “So?”

“I’m going home with you, oppa.”

Doojoon couldn’t help but smiled playfully. “I knew it.”

Hyunrin waved her hand to Junhee and Junhee replied. “Be nice to him, Hyunrin.”

Doojoon and Hyunrin were walking to their apartment holding hands. But when they passed a park, Doojoon stopped. “Hyunrin, I-- I have to confess something to you.”

“What is it?”

Doojoon took a deep breath and looked away. He rubbed her neck then said, “Let’s sit on the couch.”

Hyunrin followed him in confusion. What would he say?

“Okay. Now tell me what’s that.” Hyunrin sat and looked at Doojoon seriously.

Doojoon knelt down in front of her and looked so nervous. “Soon or later I have to tell you this.  I’m not the type who can hold for the best timing. That’s why I decided to say it now.”

“Okay. Say it.”

“Hyunrin, I’m sure you remember that you got into a car accident when you were 16, right?”

Hyunrin shocked, she was sure she never told him about this before.

“Yeah, I know you will be shocked like this. You never told me, but I knew it.” Doojoon took a breath and grabbed Hyunrin’s hands. “I’m that jerk, Hyunrin. That jerk from your past life.”

Hyunrin blinked, then the next second she felt her head ached. She closed her eyes, trying to endure the pain.

Doojoon shook her shoulder gently. “Jagiya, are you okay?”

“Yes, oppa. Go ahead.”

“But--“

“I SAID GO AHEAD!! I NEED TO REMEMBER MY PAST LIFE!!”

Doojoon gulped. Should he tell her or what?

“I’m that jerk. The one who just hurted your heart. The one who gave you tears. I-- I-- I knew you loved me, but I was too afraid to be your boyfriend. I was afraid that I couldn’t be by your side whenever you need me. I was afraid that I couldn't be a good boyfriend for you. I was afraid that you would leave me. I tried to ignore you. I tried to kill my feeling for you. I pretended that I didn’t love you. I tried to make you leave me.”

Doojoon looked away, he had no courage to look straight to Hyunrin’s eyes. “We used to be bestfriend. We were friends since our childhood. We slept together, ate together, played together. I knew what’s your favorite things and you knew mine. I shared everything with you and you did the same thing.”

Doojoon took a breath then wiped the tears away from her cheeks. He smiled bitterly and squeezed Hyunrin’s hands. “I loved you, Hyunrin. And… I still do.”

Hyunrin fainted just a second after Doojoon said that. She couldn’t hold the pain any longer. This was too much for her.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“What did you do to her this time?”

“I-- I-- I just confessed. I told her everything you wanted me to say.”

“Really? Finally you said it, hyung?”

“Yes.”

Wooyoung sighed heavily then covered his face with his hands. “We’ll see what will happen next.”

Doojoon paced back and forth, waiting for Hyunrin to wake up. Now three of them were in Hyunrin’s bedroom.

“Ahh--“ Hyunrin sat up and pressed her forehead. “Asshh~ My head--“

“Hyunrin-ah!” Wooyoung hugged his sister, caressing her back.

Hyunrin saw Doojoon who was standing far enough from her and their eyes met. She bit her lower lip and closed her eyes. “GET OUT! I DON’T WANT YOU TO BE HERE! GET OUT! NOW! I DON’T WANT TO SEE YOU ANYMORE, DOOJOON OPPA! GO AWAY!”

Doojoon couldn’t do anything but obey what Hyunrin said. He felt his heart broken into pieces now. The one he loved hated him. The one he loved said that she didn’t want to see him anymore. What could make it worse?

“Hyung, what’s happened?” Yoseob asked him when he entered their apartment.

“Nothing. I'm just tired, Yoseob. Good night.”

Yoseob knew Doojoon was lying to him, he knew his leader so well. “Is it what you call team, hyung? Hiding something from the others?”

“Yoseob, I’m really not in a good mood to share you about this. Please understand me.” Doojoon begged. He was too tired with everything. Physically and mentally.

“But promise me you’ll tell me later.”

“Someday.”

“Someday is a sign for not gonna happen.”

“Yoseob, please.”

“Yeah.” Yoseob rolled his eyes. “Good night, hyung.”

Doojoon slammed the door behind him and jumped on his bed. He buried his face on his pillow and fell asleep.