Go Away

When I Fall

“You what?!”

“I want to break up with Doojoon oppa.”

“W-- What? W-- Waeyo?”

“He kept telling me lies. You know that I hate liar, right?”

Kevin took a deep breath and nodded weakly. “Arasseo.”

“He always canceled our meetings. He never be on-time. He would never understand me.” Hyunrin pouted then buried her face on one of Kevin’s pillows. “Nan jinjja michilgeoya.”

Kevin stood up and sat next to Hyunrin, pinching her cheeks. “Babo. He is a member of Beast, right? He must be very busy that’s why he couldn’t be on-time and might cancel the meetings. And about telling you lies, what kind of lie is it?”

“Should I tell you all the lies he said to me? Ugh! It will take ages, Kevin.”

“Tell me some of them.”

“Mm…” Hyunrin tapped her index finger on her chin. “This. Doojoon oppa kept saying that I shouldn’t get closer to you because he thinks that you love me. He said he doesn’t want to loose me. Hahahaha… What a stupid boyfriend. Getting jealous towards his girlfriend’s bestfriend.”

“That’s right.”

“Huh? What’s right?” Hyunrin’s heart started beating like crazy. ‘Does Kevin love me?’

“You shouldn’t get closer to me. I may steal you away from Doojoon hyung. We should be in distance.”

“NO!” Hyunrin shook her head quickly. “No. Don’t say that to me.”

Kevin titled his head. “Waeyo? Doojoon hyung is right.”

“Noooooooo.” Hyunrin pouted. “I ever lost you. I don’t want to be in pain anymore. Losing my bestfriend really feels like… eeergh! I don’t know how to say this.”

Kevin faked a laugh. “You already have Doojoon hyung. I’m sure he can replace me as your bestfriend.”

Hyunrin’s eyes widened as she heard what Kevin said. She bit her inner cheek, trying to hold the tears from falling down on her cheeks. “Replace you? Are you saying that you will go away from me, huh? Is this what you want?”

“Hyun--“

Hyunrin cut him off. “Stop it, Kevin.”

Kevin looked down then closed his eyes, thinking what he should say.

“Fine. If you don’t want to be my friend anymore, just go. I’m okay. Thanks for being my friend for years.” Hyunrin stood up and bowed. “I’m leaving.”

Hyunrin’s tears started falling down as she walked out from Kevin’s room. ‘Kevin doesn’t even bother to run after me. Why Kevin? It’s not like you. Do you really want to be a stranger for me?’

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Doojoon checked his phone again. No message. No missed call. He sighed then put his phone on the kitchen table.

“Waeyo, hyung? What’s wrong?” Dongwoon suddenly walked in to the kitchen and sat next to Doojoon.

Doojoon shook his head. “Nothing.”

“Is it about Hyunrin?”

Doojoon let out a heavy sigh again. “Yes. No news from her since yesterday. I’m getting worried. I’ve checked her apartment but she was nowhere to be found. I’ve called her for thousand times but she didn’t pick it up even once.”

“Omo! Really?”

Doojoon just gave a weak nod. “Oh btw, manager told me that our fans were really grateful seeing our performance yesterday. Good job, guys.”

“Eww~ you told me good news without any smile.” Dongwoon frowned, earning a glare from Doojoon. “Yeah yeah~ I know you’re not in a good mood now, hyung.”

Dongwoon was about to stand up when suddenly Doojoon grabbed Dongwoon’s wrist. “Can you please ask Kevin about this?”

“Huh? Why don’t you do that by yourself? He is your bestfriend, right?”

Doojoon pulled his hand away and shook his head. “Not anymore.”

“Eh? What happened?”

“I told him to back off from Hyunrin.”

Dongwoon’s eyes widened in a snap. “YOU WHAT?” Back off?”

“Yah! Why are you screaming? Aish!” Doojoon rubbed his ears in annoyance. “Babo magnae.”

“Babo hyung. Why did you tell Kevin to back off? It’s not like he’s trying to steal Hyunrin away from you.”

“Are you defending Kevin now? You are on his side, huh?”

“Oh geez. I’m not defending someone, hyung.”

Doojoon stood up and started walking out from the kitchen. “I’m leaving.”

“Yah! Where are you going, hyung?”

“Trying to find my precious girl.”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Hyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuung!” Dongho ran towards Kevin, smiling.

“Hello, magnae~” Kevin opened his arms and hug Dongho. “Why so happy?”

Dongho turned the television on and sat on the floor. “I met Hyunrin noona this morning and she bought me ice cream. Yummyyyyyyyy~”

Kevin was really shocked. He didn’t hear any news about Hyunrin for days and now his groupmate told him that he met Hyunrin earlier. “Jinjja? Where?”

“When I was walking towards your apartment, I saw someone familiar. When I approached her, actually it was Hyunrin noona. Why-- Hyung! Where are you going?” Dongho shouted when he saw Kevin ran out from his apartment.

Kevin didn’t even bother to let Dongho finish his words. He just needed to find Hyunrin. His heart beating faster as he saw a familiar figure lying down unconciously on the pavement, bleeding.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------