Sorry

When I Fall

A few days later, Hyunrin decided to go to campus alone. She texted Dongwoon that she had to do something first, of course she lied. She just tried to runaway from everything related to Doojoon. After Doojoon’s confession, she got a headache of memory attack everyday. But fortunately now she could remember everything about Doojoon in the past.

“Hyunrin-ah!” Junhee came out from nowhere and hugged Hyunrin. Hyunrin replied coldly. “Hi, Junhee.”

“What’s wrong with you? Seems like you’ve just lost your everything.”

“No, I’ve just got my everything.”

“Uh? What is that?”

“I’ll tell you later.” Hyunrin forced a smile then left Junhee who was starring at her back curiously.

Hyunrin sat on her favorite seat in the class which near the window, she buried her face in her arms, sighing. This was too much for her. She was happy that finally she knew who Doojoon was, but of course she didn’t like the fact that Doojoon reminded her the worst part in her past.

“Hyunrin.” said a familiar voice beside her.

Hyunrin looked up and saw Nichkhun was standing there, giving his best smile to her.

“Hey, oppa. What’s up?”

Nichkhun winked seductively. “Wanna go for a walk?”

“But--“

“Oh please, Hyunrin.”

“My class is gonna start in ten minutes, oppa.”

“Just for this time, Hyunrin. Please?” Nichkhun begged.

Hyunrin let out a sigh then gave him a small nod. “Just once.” She stood up and pulled her bag from her desk, placing it on her shoulder.

They went to some ice cream shop and spent almost an hour in silence. Both of them looked so busy with their ice cream. Hyunrin knew there was something important that Nichkhun needed to tell her, but she wouldn’t ask first. She would let him to start the conversation.

“Hyunrin.” finally she heard Nichkhun spoke.

“Yes?”

“I know you know the reason why I dragged you here.”

“You need to tell me something important.”

“Bingo.”

“And what’s that?”

Nichkhun looked away for a while then looked straight to Hyunrin’s eyes. “It’s all about Doojoon hyung.”

Hyunrin felt something stabbed her heart whenever she heard his name. “Sorry, I’m not in the mood to listen everything related to him.”

“Hyunrin, please.” Nichkhun grabbed Hyunrin’s hand when she was about walking to the exit door. “Please listen to me.”

Hyunrin sighed heavily then sat on her seat across Nichkhun again. “Fine.”

“I-- I know what’s happened between you and him. I know he used to be your bestfriend, I know you loved him. Wooyoung told me everything. Your love story with Doojoon hyung, your car accident, you lost your memory, everything. That’s why I decided to help you to get closer with Doojoon again. He still loves you. I pretended to fall in love with you to make you miss him, to make you realize you need nobody but him. I’m sorry for that.”

Hyunrin felt her eyes went teary, but she tried to hold her tears. “Go ahead, oppa.”

“Last night I got a call from Hyunseung hyung, he told me that Doojoon hyung is really messed up now. Since the day you shouted angrily at him, he did so many mistakes in rehearsal, he didn’t eat anything, he didn’t concentrate at all.”

Hyunrin felt her heart ached but she tried to cover it. “So, you’re blaming me for this?”

“I’m not blaming you. I just want to tell you.”

“Yeah. So now what do you want me to do, huh?”

“Please bring the old Doojoon hyung back. Please.”

Hyunrin didn’t give any answer, she just puffed her cheeks and looked away. “I don’t know. I can’t promise you, oppa.”

“Just go see him now, I’m sure it could make him feel better.”

“No promise.” Hyunrin stood up and left Nichkhun there.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Dongwoon went upstairs and found Hyunrin was sitting against the brick wall, looking at the sky. He came closer to her and sat beside her. “What are you doing here? Looking at the beautiful sky, huh?”

“Dongwoon oppa.” she said his name coldly just like when she answered Junhee this morning.

“Are you sick, Hyunrin?”

Hyunrin shook her head. “No. I’m just tired. Can you just leave me alone here, oppa?”

“You can tell me your problem.”

“I don’t have any. Oppa, please. Please leave me alone here.”

He didn’t listen to what Hyunrin said, he hugged her tightly instead of leaving her like what she said. “Hyunrin, please. Please let me fix your broken heart. Though I don’t know who is he, but please forget him and let me cheer you up. I’m sick seeing you like this.”

“If so, just leave me alone here. Now.”

Dongwoon let the embrace off and squeezed Hyunrin’s hands. “Just call me whenever you need me. Okay?”

Hyunrin nodded and gave him a fake smile. “I promise you, oppa.”

Dongwoon kissed her forehead for a while then left her alone on the rooftop.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hyunrin paced back and forth in her living room, thinking about Doojoon. She wanted to see him, but she didn’t know what to say if she meet him. She looked at her watch, it was 9PM already. Suddenly she remembered this morning Dongwoon told her that tonight Beast would attend some charity event without Doojoon because he was sick.

“It means he’s alone now. Okay Hyunrin, you can fix everything now.” she said calming herself down. She walked out from her apartment and knocked Beast’s apartment door. No one answered.

“Is he sleeping?” she asked herself while cocking her head. She pulled out her phone from her pocket and called him in reflex.

“Hallo.” Doojoon said huskily in other line.

She hung up the phone quickly and bang her head against the wall. “Babo Hyunrin!”

The next second, Hyunrin felt her phone was ringing. Doojoon called.

“Damn it. What should I do now?” she kept looking at her phone then decided to pick it up. “Hallo.”

“Why did you call me?” Doojoon’s weak voice made Hyunrin felt so guilty.

“I-- I--“ Hyunrin stuttered. “I want to meet you, oppa. I’m in front of your apartment now.”

Suddenly the door opened, letting Hyunrin see that Doojoon was standing in front of her while speaking through his phone. “Arasseo. I heard your ringtone.”

Hyunrin couldn’t help but smile widely and hung up the phone. But her smile disappeared when she saw Doojoon completely. His messy hair, the black circle around his eyes, she could tell that he was not okay right now.

“Oh yeah, come in.” Doojoon moved a little to make a space for Hyunrin to walk in.

Hyunrin just blinked for a couple of times without saying anything. Suddenly she wanted to tell him how much she had missed him, how much she had worried about him, how much she had wanted to hug him.

“Hyunrin, are you okay?” Doojoon waved his hand in front of Hyunrin’s face.

Without thinking more, Hyunrin wrapped her arms around Doojoon’s neck, hugged him tightly. She could feel her tears were falling down on her cheeks but she didn’t care about it. “Oppa, I’m sorry. Sorry for shouting angrily at you. Sorry for hurting your heart.”

Hyurin felt Doojoon’s hands wrapped her fragile body, pulled her closer to him. “It has to be me who say sorry. It’s all my fault, not you.”

Hyunrin shook her head. “No. If I wasn’t that stubborn to accept the reality, it wouldn’t be like this. It’s my fault, oppa.”

Doojoon laughed, caressing Hyunrin’s back. “Stop saying that it’s your fault. Please?”

“No. I won’t stop. I’m the one who started this problem. It’s all my fault, oppa. It’s my--“ before Hyunrin could finish her sentence, she felt Doojoon’s soft lips pressed against her lips. She closed her eyes, kissing him back. Doojoon tightened his embrace and kept kissing Hyunrin softly which Hyunrin couldn’t resist. Hyunrin felt her heart was thumping like crazy but Doojoon’s soft and warm lips made her addicted. She could tell that this kiss was heavenly fantastic.

Doojoon loosened his embrace and let the kiss off, giving time to both of them to breath. He pressed his forehead against Hyunrin’s, smiling playfully. “I thought you would hit me.”

“It’s weird if a girl hit the boy she likes when that boy kiss her.”

“So, it means that you forgive me for what I did in the past?”