Faints

When I Fall

Wooyoung was standing near a window beside Hyunrin’s bed, looking outside. He saw people walking and greeting each other, hugging, laughing, doing everything. Then he looked at his sister who was lying down on the hospital’s bed, her eyes closed. Doctor said she got some memory attack and she couldn’t endure it, that’s why she fainted. “Seeing or feeling something which related to her past might be the reason why she fainted.”

Wooyoung covered his face with both of his hands and took a deep breath. He wanted to run away from this problem but he couldn’t. He wanted to let Hyunrin live her life without remembering Doojoon, but he couldn’t do that.

Wooyoung heard someone walked in, and when he opened his eyes, he found Nichkhun standing near Hyunrin’s bed.

“I’m sorry, Wooyoung.” Nichkhun lowered his head and bit his lower lip.

“Why, hyung?”

“I didn’t know that cotton candy would make her remember about something in the past. Sorry.”

Wooyoung turned back and hit the wall. He cussed Doojoon under his breath. “Damn you, Doojoon hyung. Why did you make a simple thing so special for Hyunrin?”

Nichkhun walked closer to Wooyoung and tapped his back. “Would you tell me what’s wrong with that cotton candy?”

Wooyoung turned around and faced Nichkhun. “Doojoon hyung always gave Hyunrin some cotton candy and vanilla ice cream whenever she felt sad,  she would smile brightly after received that and forget about her sadness.”

Nichkhun starred at Hyunrin and held her hand. “Wooyoung, have you called him?”

“Who?”

“Doojoon hyung. I’m sure he can wake Hyunrin up.”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Hyung, what’s wrong with your phone?” Kikwang asked as he got a message from Nichkhun about Doojoon’s phone. All of Beast members were gathering in the waiting room now, they were waiting for their turn to sing in Music Bank.

“I turned it off. Low battery.” he answered without looking at Kikwang, he was seriously reading the magazine.

“Oh okay. I’ll tell Nichkhun then.” Kikwang was about to type something when Doojoon stopped him. “Why, hyung?”

“Who asked? Nichkhun?”

“Yes, Nichkhun. He said he tried to call you but the operator answered.”

Doojoon murmured. “Why did he call me?”

Yoseob stood up and walked towards Doojoon and Kikwang. “Hyung, do you want to use my phone? I got three hours free call. Hahaha… I called many times, that’s why I got that.”

“Oh, thanks Yoseob.” Doojoon took Yoseob’s phone and called Nichkhun. He picked it up in a second.

“Yoseob?”

“No, it’s Doojoon. Why did you call me?”

Nichkhun sighed. “Hyunrin is being hospitalized. She fainted because of some memory attack. She hasn’t woke up yet. Now she’s in the hospital near my apartment.”

Doojoon felt like a heavy stone fell down on his head and he loosened his grip of the phone, made it fall on the floor. All of Beast members looked at him curiously.

“Hyung? What’s happened?” Yoseob and the others asked the same question at the same time.

“I gotta go.” Doojoon put his stuffs into his bag. He was about to walk out from the waiting room when Dongwoon stopped him. “You have to be on stage with us. Don’t be a fool, hyung. Do you want us to be fired?”

Doojoon hit the wall as he realized that Dongwoon was right. He walked in to the waiting room again. He sat next to Junhyung who was starring at him all the time.

“What’s happened, hyung?”

Doojoon looked at Junhyung then shook his head. “Nothing.” He lowered his head, looking at the floor.

“Hyung, I need to talk about something with you.” Doojoon heard Hyunseung spoke. He stood up and gave a sign to Hyunseung to follow him.

“What’s wrong with Hyunrin? Did something bad happen to her?” Hyunseung asked quickly when they were far enough from the waiting room.

“She fainted. She got some memory attack. Hyunseung, I have to meet her.”

“You can visit her after this. Just wait patiently, hyung. Okay? That’s the best for us.” Hyunseung patted Doojoon’s shoulder then left. Doojoon closed his eyes and slid down. ‘Sorry Hyunrin, once again I wasn’t there to help you.’

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Taecyeon, Chansung, Nichkhun, and Junho paced back and forth while waiting for Wooyoung. He was still in Hyunrin’s room. Junsu went first because he got the first turn to do the photosession. The second turn was Wooyoung, then Nichkhun, Taecyeon, Junho, and Chansung.

“Hyung.” Chansung suddenly bowed, made the others looked at who was coming.

“Doojoon hyung.” Nichkhun said, felt relieved.

“Where is Hyunrin?” Doojoon was looking around, guessing which one was Hyunrin’s room.

“This.” Junho pointed at the door behind him and Doojoon entered her room in hurry. Wooyoung turned his head and faced Doojoon. “Oh hyung, finally you come. Can you help me? Please take care of my sister, I have something to do. Don’t worry, she’s just sleeping now. She woken up a few minutes ago and murmured your name. It seems like she starts to remember you.”

Doojoon nodded and walked closer to Hyunrin. He felt his heart broke apart again this time.

“Well, I’m leaving.” Wooyoung patted Doojoon’s shoulder and walked out.

Doojoon sighed, pulled a chair, and sat beside Hyunrin’s bed. Then he put Hyunrin’s hands on his cheeks. “I miss your touch.” He stood up and kissed Hyunrin’s forehead softly. “I miss you." He felt Hyunrin moved and not long after that he heard she murmured his name. “Doojoon oppa.”

Doojoon sat back and faked a smile. “Yes?”

“Don’t leave me. I don’t know why but I feel like saying that words. Please, don't leave me alone here.”

"I won't." Doojoon laughed a bit then caressed Hyunrin’s cheek. “Sorry for waking you up. Go sleep again. I’m watching you.”

Hyunrin nodded like a kid then she closed her eyes, but she opened it again in a sudden. “Give me your hand, oppa.” She grabbed Doojoon’s hand and entwined her fingers with him. “Just make sure you won’t leave me. Whoever you are, you remind me of someone I liked from the past.”

Doojoon felt butterflies in his stomach. He missed Hyunrin so bad, and now she entwined her fingers with him. Hyunrin was back in his life. For sure?

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Tonight was a cloudy night, no stars no moon. All of Beast members sat on the floor, made a circle. They held so many concerts lately, no wonder their faces looked so tired. They missed their apartment so much.

“Whoaaaaa~ Finally it’s over.” Junhyung laid his head back, rested it on the fluffy sofa behind him.

Kikwang pouted. “Aish! I’m bored.”

“So am I.” Yoseob laid his head on Dongwoon’s shoulder. “What should we do now?”

“Want to play a game?” Junhyung winked and smirked.

Dongwoon raised his eyebrows. “What game, hyung?”

“Seducing a girl.”

“WHAT?!” all of the boys yelled except Junhyung who was now laughing.

Yoseob threw a magazine to Junhyung. “Are you crazy or something? You said g-i-r-l, and we don’t have it. You know we’re not allowed to have a girlfriend this time.”

“Hey hey, calm down. Who said girlfriend? I just said girl, not girlfriend. Hahahaha…”

“Fine. So, we need a girl then. Who is she?” Hyunseung finally spoke, he was also curious about Junhyung’s plan.

“Wait, let me call her first.” Junhyung took his phone then called someone. “Hello… Umm, how are you? Oh, nothing... I’m just bored here, the others too… Hmmm, we have nothing to do… Where are you? Would you come to our apartment?” Junhyung nodded when he heard the answer. “Okay, I’m waiting… Yes… Okay, bye.”

“Who is that?” Yoseob asked quickly.

“The girl.” Junhyung stood up and walked in to his bedroom. He took his jacket and glasses. Not long after that, he came back to the living room.

“Jacket and glasses? For what?” Kikwang asked innocently.

“I’m gonna seduce my girl. That’s why I need this. Don’t you guys need to prepare something? We’re gonna seduce someone.” Junhyung smirked, made his face more handsome.

“Tell me about the girl first.” Dongwoon crossed his arms on his chest and made a serious face.

“You guys know her. I promise.”

About a few minutes later, they heard someone knocked the door.

“She’s coming.” Junhyung stood up and walked towards the door with a happy face.

The boys were waiting for Junhyung and the girl to come, they were totally had no idea.

“Is there any possibility that she’s one of our beauties?” Yoseob pouted.

Kikwang shook his head in a snap. “No. I’m sure it’s a big no.”

“Junhyung is not that crazy to bring a beauty here. He knows the rules.” Hyunseung scratched his arms and laid down on the floor.

“So, who is she?” Dongwoon and Yoseob asked at the same time.

“HYUNRIN?!” all the boys yelled when they saw Hyunrin and Junhyung were walking in to the living room.

Hyunrin bowed and waved her hand. “Hi, guys. Long time no see you.”

“Hyunrin-ah! I miss you sooooooo much!” Yoseob ran towards her and hugged her tightly. He didn’t know that there were two guys who was starring at him, shocked.

“I miss you too, oppa. Hey look, what happened with your cheeks? It makes me want to pinch it more often. Hahaha…”

“Don’t you want to hug me, Hyunrin? I miss you more than Yoseob.” Kikwang made a sad expression and hugged Hyunrin too.

“Hahahaha… Oppa, don’t be like this. I don’t want to be killed by beauties too. Hahahaha…”

“Hey Gi, sit down. You too, Yoseob. Hyunrin, stand beside me please.” Junhyung pulled Hyunrin’s hand softly so now she was standing beside him. “So guys, she is the guess. We’re gonna play the game with her.”

Hyunrin turned her head to face Junhyung. “What? What did you say? What game?”

Junhyung smirked then put his arm on Hyunrin’s waist. “We’re gonna seduce you.”