Mixed Feeling

When I Fall

“Crap! Crap! Crap! Damn this amusement park!” Hyunrin cussed in her heart. It wasn’t expected before that amusement park would be so crowded like this. There were so many Hottests in this amusement park, and of course they recognized Nichkhun though he wore a cap and glasses. They gathered in a snap and the blitz of their camera scared Hyunrin a lot. She felt her memory running to the past when this incident happened once in her life before. Hyunrin wanted to run away, but her feet couldn’t move even for a step.

Finally, not long after that, those girls let Hyunrin and Nichkhun go. “Sorry for that surprising crowd. Sorry.” Nichkhun puffed his cheeks, made Hyunrin burst into laughter. “Don’t make that expression, oppa. Hahaha… You look so damn cute!”

“Really?”

Hyunrin nodded while holding her smile. “Are you born to be a cute guy like that? Hahahahaha…”

“I’m glad that you’re happy now. So, what arcade do you want to ride first?”

Hyunrin decided to ride merry go round first. It was so funny when Hyunrin looked at Nichkhun who was so happy riding on the toy horse. He looked so excited, so childish. After played merry go round, they  tried the other arcades. Finally they were tired, they sat on the couch under the leafy tree. “What do you want to drink?” Nichkhun asked. His face looked a bit tired, but his smile was still there.

“I want iced cinnamon tea, oppa.”

“Eh? Do you like cinnamon that much? It’s really hard to find in this place.”

Hyunrin nodded and smiled widely. “Please?”

Nichkhun gave Hyunrin his best smile which always made the girls swoon. “For you I will. Don’t go anywhere.”

When Nichkhun was walking away, Hyunrin bit her lower lip, tried to endure the pain in her head. “Damn it! Why should this ing pain come at this moment?!”

Hyunrin was still trying to endure and ignore the pain. But it wasn’t a long time when finally she fainted.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Are you sure you won’t tell her?”

“Hyung, she better know about what happened to Beast.”

“He’s right, Wooyoung.”

“No.”

“But, hyung--“

“Wooyoung-ah.”

“No.”

Hyunrin couldn’t hear the conversation clearly. Those people must be far enough from her. She tried to wake up but she fell again as her body was still weak.

“Oh, she woken up.” Hyunrin heard someone said, then she saw Nichkhun, Wooyoung, and Chansung were walking towards her. Hyunrin looked around, felt very unfamiliar with this room. “Where am I, oppa?”

“Hospital. You fainted.” Wooyoung sat in the edge of Hyunrin’s bed and hold her hand.

“Did I?” Hyunrin felt the pain in her head again. “Aissh.”

Chansung’s eyes widened and he grabbed Hyunrin’s shoulder. “Are you okay?”

Hyunrin nodded and faked a smile. “Yes. Oh by the way, would you tell me what’s happened to Beast?”

Nichkhun, Wooyoung, and Chansung were looking each other, they didn’t know how to say. Wooyoung gave a ‘no’ sign to Nichkhun and Chansung.

“Please, oppa. Let me know.”

Wooyoung took a deep breath then said, “Beast got into a plane accident.”

“WHAT?!” Hyunrin yelled, her heart was thumping like crazy. “Plane accident? When? Where?” She grabbed Wooyoung’s shoulder and shook him.

Chansung tried to pull Hyunrin away from Wooyoung. “Calm down, Hyunrin. Calm down.”

Hyunrin started crying. “Are they safe?”

“We’re still waiting for their news too.” Nickhun sat next to Wooyoung.

“How if they all die?”

“Ssstt!! Hyunrin-ah, don’t say like that.” Wooyoung wiped Hyunrin’s tears away. “Let’s pray together for their safety.”

Hyunrin gave a simple nod while crying. Nichkhun hugged Hyunrin, let her cry in his embrace. “Everything is gonna be alright, Hyunrin. Trust me.”

Wooyoung’s heart broke into pieces when he saw Hyunrin cried so hard. He loved his little sister so much. Finally, she fell asleep in Nichkhun’s arms, tired of crying.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Four days passed already, and yesterday Hyunrin couldn’t think about anything else but Beast’s safety. Her mind was amess, really. Mr. Kwon often warned her in music class. Since the first day Beast left, Hyunrin went to her university with Nichkhun. Of course it made the girls there screamed his name loudly. Hyunrin once rejected Nichkhun’s offer to accompany her to go to school, but then she felt guilty.

This morning, Hyunrin heard “Change” by Hyunah was playing. Oh yeah, actually it was her ringtone. Her plan to wake up at 11AM was screwed up.

“Oh boy~ I should have turned it off last night.”

She pushed the “yes” button and started speaking without looking who was calling.

“Hallo?”

“Jagiya~ Are you there?”

Hyunrin blinked for a couple of times. Wasn’t it Doojoon’s voice?

“Jagiya? Hallo?”

Was Hyunrin dreaming right now?

“Op-- Oppa.” Hyunrin stuttered. She couldn’t believe whose voice she was hearing now.

“Oh thanks God you’re still there. It’s me, Doojoon.”

Hyunrin felt something was pushing her chest hardly, her heart was beating like crazy.

“Jagiya, speak up.”

Hyunrin burst into tears. “Oppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!”

“Hey, don’t cry. Please don’t cry.”

“Where are you now? Are you safe? How about the others?”

“I’m still in Thailand. Yes, we’re safe. Now we’re in hotel already.”

Hyunrin sighed, felt relieved. “I’m worried about you.”

Silence for a while.

“Hyunrin-ah.”

“Yes?”

“I miss you.”

Hyunrin’s face burdened. She smiled brightly though she knew Doojoon wouldn’t be able to see that. “I miss you too, oppa. Please come back soon.”

“Of course. Well, I gotta go now. I’ll call you again later. Bye, jagiya~”

“Bye, oppa.” she hung up the phone and rolled happily in her bed. Doojoon was safe. Beast was safe.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The next morning, all of students in Hyunrin’s university school were busy discussing about Beast’s safety, and there was a teacher who joined the conversation too.

“Are they safe?” somebody asked Hyunrin when the crowd was already gone.

Hyunrin turned around and she saw Junhee, her classmate, was standing behind her. Junhee was one of beauties in her university.

“From what I heard. . . . . yes, they’re safe.”

“Who said? I’m still worried if it’s not from the trusted people.” Junhee puffed her cheeks and sat next to Hyunrin.

“Doojoon oppa said that to me yesterday.”

Junhee’s eyes widened. “WHAT?! You got a call from Doojoon oppa?!”

Hyunrin covered Junhee’s mouth with her hand. “Don’t scream!”

“Did he call you? For sure?”

Hyunrin nodded. It was true that nobody here knew if she was living on the same floor with Beast, she even knew their individual phone number. “Tell me.” Junhee made a serious expression and crossed her legs. Hyunrin knew Junhee wouldn’t be a gossip girl, she was such a talkless girl. Somehow Hyunrin was sure she could trust Junhee. “Not here. Let’s go to some quiet place.” Hyunrin stood up and walked out from her class, Junhee followed.

They sat under the leafy tree in the school yard, nobody was there but them. Hyunrin took a deep breath then started talking. “I-live-on-the-same-floor-with-Beast.”

Junhee shocked in a second, her jaw dropped. “How come?”

“I don’t know. My brother did it all.”

“Who is your brother?”

“Jang Wooyoung, one of 2PM members.”

“Oh damn it! You’re the luckiest girl in this ing world.”

"Hahahaha... Thanks."

"So, how‘s it?"

"What? Living on the same floor with Beast? I can tell it's awesome. Really. You'll be able to see Kikwang without make up on his face. Hahaha..."

"Hyunrin-ah, tell me. Are you falling in love with one of them?"