Hospital

When I Fall

“Excuse me.” Kevin pushed people around that familiar figure to take a look about what was happening. “Omo! Kiseop! Kiseop wake up!” Kevin shook Kiseop’s shoulder. He looked up and asked to the older woman, his eyes were full of sadness. “Miss, what happened here? Why is he bleeding?”

“Omo! Aren’t you U-Kiss’ Kevin?”

“Yes.” Kevin tried to smile. ‘So, this woman is a Kiss Me?’

She pinched Kevin’s cheeks and smiled. “Omoooooo~ You look prettier than in television.”

Kevin let out a giggle. “Thanks. So, what happened with Kiseop?”

 “He got hit by a motorcycle a few minutes ago.”

“He what?!” Kevin’s eyes widened in a second. ‘How about U-Kiss’ schedules then? Manager would be so crazy if he knows this.’

“I saw him talking to a pretty girl earlier, then when he was about to leave, a motorcycle hit him.”

“A-- A girl?”

The older woman nodded. “Yes. She is so beautiful. Maybe she’s one of his friends.”

“Where is that girl now?”

“She said she would call the ambulance-- There she is!”

Kevin followed where the older woman pointing at and his eyes widened in mixed feelings. “Hyunrin-ah.”

“Do you know her?”

“Yes. She’s my friend too. Thank you~” Kevin bowed. “From now on I’ll take care of him.”

People started to leave Kevin and Kiseop there. Kevin lifted Kiseop up and tried walking but he failed. “Oh geez~ You shouldn’t have worked out too much, you’re getting heavier day by day.”

“Let me help you.” Kevin heard a girl’s voice then he felt Kiseop was not as heavy as before. Without looking who’s helping him, he already knew who it was.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Here.”

Kevin felt something cold was pushed on his cheek. He looked up and saw Hyunrin holding two cans of coffee. Hyunrin handed him the cold one and he opened it. ”Thanks.”

“How is Kiseop?” Hyunrin sat beside Kevin, trying to open the can but she failed. She kept trying but always failed.

Kevin took Hyunrin’s can and opened it for her. “Just tell me when you’re having a problem.”

“It’s not even a serious problem.” Hyunrin rolled her eyes then sighed. “So, how is Kiseop?”

“He is okay. Doctor said he would wake up in an hour.”

Hyunrin nodded to herself. “Mm… I’m just worried about the scratches in his face.”

“Our make-up crew will handle it. You don’t have to worry.”

“Ah~ Yes. Well, I gotta go now. Please take care of Kiseop.” Hyunrin bowed and when she was about to walk, Kevin suddenly grabbed her wrist.

“Where are you going?”

“I’m going home.”

“Would you just stay with me here tonight?” Kevin’s eyes met Hyunrin’s. He felt the pain in his heart as he realized how much he missed those beautiful eyes.

Hyunrin took a deep breath then sighed. She sat back next to Kevin. “Okay.”

Kevin’s lips formed into a smile and his face brightened. “Thank you~”

Nobody dare to talk for almost an hour. Hyunrin was busy with her phone while Kevin was just looking down and kept sighing.

“Are you still angry at me?”

Hyunrin turned right only to meet Kevin’s eyes which full of sadness. He was at the verge of tears.

“Why should I?”

“You didn’t pick my calls up. You didn’t reply my messages.”

“I was so busy, Kevin.” Hyunrin looked away. She knew if she kept starring at Kevin’s eyes, she would be in tears now. “You’re the one who said that we should be in distance.”

“I-- I didn’t mean that. I just…”

“Just what?”

“I don’t want to… ruin your relationship with Doojoon hyung. I don’t want him to hate me. I don’t want to be… the troublemaker.”

“Why are you being like this, huh? One thing you always think is Doojoon oppa’s feelings. Have you ever thought about what I feel?”

“Hyun--“

“Kevin, open your eyes. The three of us are bestfriend. No need to get jealous towards each other. And if Doojoon oppa do that, then it means my relationship with him is over. Friendship is way more important than relationship.”

Kevin looked down. Finally a single tear fell down on his cheek. He smiled weakly then let out a chuckle. “I’m such a stupid person.”

“You are not stupid, Kevin. You are just too sensitive. You should be more selfish.” Hyunrin hugged Kevin and caressed his back. “You own your happiness. Remember it.”

Kevin felt a warm feeling all over his body. He felt the pain in his heart was slowly faded away. “Thank you.”

“That’s what friends are for.” Hyunrin smiled happily, earning a kiss on her forehead from Kevin.

“I’m so grateful having you as my friend.”

“So am I, Kevin.”

Both of them were still hugging in happiness without realizing that someone had been watching them from the start.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------