Now or Never

When I Fall

Wooyoung was looking at the night sky when suddenly Nichkhun tapped his shoulder. He turned back and tried to smile. “What’s wrong, hyung?”

“Tell me.”

“Tell about what? I don’t have any problem.”

“What a bad liar. Your eyes said that you’re in a trouble now. Is it all about your little sister? Did Doojoon hyung do something again to her this time?”

Wooyoung blinked, it was unexpected before that Nichkhun would know about his little sister’s problem. He was sure he kept this problem secretly.

“What can I do for you?”

“Hyung, you don’t have to.”

Nichkhun giggled and messed Wooyoung’s hair. “Babo. I have an idea. Let me take this.”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Tonight Dongwoon called Hyunrin, asked her to go out for a dinner with him without telling the others. He wanted it to be a secret. Hyunrin rejected at first, but finally she said yes. She didn’t want Dongwoon to get hurt.

“Dongwoon-ah, where are you going? Are you gonna date a girl? You look so cute tonight. Hahaha…” Junhyung laughed a bit, teasing his magnae as usual.

“Ya! Shut up! I’m not dating. I-- I just want-- I want to eat some Chinese food.”

“You should learn how to lie. Hahaha… Come on, tell me where would you go? Who’s your girlfriend?”

Dongwoon stuck her tongue out. “None of your business.”

“Oh man~ I’m your friend, right? Why don’t you just tell me who she is? I promise I won’t tell anyone. Trust me.” Junhyung crossed his fingers and made a serious face.

“No. Once I say no, it would be no forever.” Dongwoon stuck his tongue again and ran away. He knocked Hyunrin’s door and she opened it in a snap. She looked so beautiful though she didn’t put too much make up on her face. She wore a baby blue shirt and white knee length skirt, showing her y legs.

“Where would we go, oppa?” Hyunrin asked while admiring Dongwoon’s adorable face.

“It’s up to you. What kind of food do you want for dinner?”

“Chinese food?”

Dongwoon couldn’t hold his laughter. “Fine. Let’s go!” He held Hyunrin’s hand and walked out from the apartment building. ’See, hyung? I wasn’t lying at all.’

About a few minutes later they two arrived at some Chinese Restaurant near their apartment. “Whoaaaaaa~ What a luxurious restaurant, oppa!”

“Come on, order what you want.” Dongwoon gave Hyunrin the menu and let her choose.

A waiter came and bowed, then he wrote what Hyunrin said. “Please wait, miss.” He bowed then left.

“What occasion do you have, oppa?”

Dongwoon raised his eyebrows and gave Hyunrin an innocent look. “Eh? What?”

“Why do you ask me to go out tonight? Is there something that you want to tell me?”

When Dongwoon was thinking for some excuse, suddenly someone appeared beside Hyunrin.

“Hyunrin-ah.”

She turned back and found Nichkhun was smiling widely to her, made her beat beating faster and faster.

“N-- Nich-- Nichkhun oppa?” What are you doing here?” Hyunrin was so shocked seeing her oppa’s groupmate in the same place like her, she thought they both would have the same schedule.

Nichkhun smirked then patted Hyunrin’s head. “I’m bored, jagiya~ Somehow tonight I want to eat Chinese food. That’s why I’m here.”

“Jagiya? Hahaha… Watch your words, I don’t want to be killed by Hottest, oppa.” Hyunrin laughed a bit then looked at Nichkhun again. Oh God, how could you make that perfect creature?

Nichkhun turned his head in a sudden and starred at Dongwoon. “Are you two in a relationship?”

“No. Why, hyung?”

Nichkhun made a super happy face and asked, “So it means that Hyunrin is still single, isn’t it?”

“W-- What do you mean, oppa?” Hyunrin stuttered, her brain couldn’t work properly.

Nichkhun winked, made Hyunrin stunned in her seat. “Would you go out with me someday?”

“Eh? May I?”

“Of course! Tell me whenever you get free time, then if I have a free time too, let’s go out. Okay?”

Hyunrin felt her heart stopped beating as Nichkhun winked and pinched her cheek. “Well, enjoy your meal. I’m leaving. Bye.” He waved his hand and left.

Dongwoon starred at Hyunrin who was still blinking at Nichkhun’s direction. “Hyunrin-ah, hey hey.” He tapped Hyunrin’s cheeks. “Back to earth, please.”

“Eh? Oh? Uh, sorry oppa. I-- I-- I’m just… mm, you know… shocked. Sorry.”

“I bet all of the girls in this world would do the same thing like you if Nichkhun hyung say that words too to them.”

Hyunrin was bitting her lower lip, thinking was it just a dream or something like that. Then she realized it was real. Nichkhun asked her to go out. Yes, her.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Doojoon was lying down on his bed, rolling here and there, trying to sleep. “It’s 1AM already, why don’t I feel sleepy at all? Aish!” He messed his hair and walked out from his bedroom. He saw the boys were sleeping in their bedrooms. Doojoon walked to the living room, turned the television on, but he found nothing interesting. He sighed and closed his eyes, then he remembered about what Wooyoung said. He should make a step. He should bring Hyunrin’s memory of him back. Now or never.

Doojoon walked to Hyunrin’s apartment and knocked her door. The door opened at the second knock. “I-- I thought you were sleeping, Hyunrin.”

Hyunrin giggled then tilted her head. “I’m still watching a football match. What are you doing there, oppa? It’s midnight already.”

“Wanna go for a walk?”

“Eh?” Hyunrin blinked then nodded silently. “Sure. Wait, let me wear my jacket first.”

They walked to the park near their apartment. Since it was midnight, nobody was there but them. Doojoon sighed in relief seeing nobody was there, he just wanted to be with Hyunrin tonight.

“Oppa.”

“Hmm?”

“Hug me.”

Doojoon’s eyes widened, it was unexpected before that Hyunrin would ask him to do that. “What?!”

“Please. I have to find something out. Please, oppa.” Hyunrin begged.

Doojoon did what Hyunrin said, he hugged her gently and Hyunrin hugged him back. Suddenly the memory of their childhood popped out in his mind, made him tightened his embrace.

“Did I ever know you before?” Hyunrin asked, still in Doojoon’s arms. “My heart always beats faster whenever I see you. Do you know why? I have no idea who you are, but looking at you send shiver to my body. Oppa, who are you?”

Doojoon was trying to hold his tears, her words made his heart broke into pieces now. But he failed, he cried. Feeling a tear fell down in her shoulder, Hyunrin looked up and found Doojoon crying silently.

“Oppa? Why are you crying? Did I do something wrong?” Hyunrin panicked, she didn’t know what to do. “Oppa, tell me. Don’t cry, please. Oppa.” Hyunrin wiped Doojoon’s tears on his cheeks, somehow she felt something stabbed her heart when she saw Doojoon cried.

Doojoon grabbed Hyunrin’s hands and faked a smile. “I’m okay. Don’t worry, Hyunrin. I’m okay.”

“Liar.”

Doojoon starred at Hyunrin for a while, then he smiled. “Are you worrying me?”

“No.” Hyunrin puffed her cheeks and it made Doojoon laughed a bit. “Is there something funny, oppa?”

“Hahaha…”

“Oppaaaaaaa~ Why are you laughing?” Hyunrin hit Doojoon’s chest softly. He grabbed Hyunrin’s hands and stared at her seriously. “Hyunrin-ah.”

“Yes?”

“Please be nice to me.”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Lately Beast had a lot of schedules to do. They went abroad, held concerts here and there. Without telling anyone, Dongwoon got closer with Hyunrin. He texted or called her whenever he got a free time. Since Dongwoon and the boys went for their tour, Hyunrin went to her university alone everyday.

Hyunrin just left her apartment when she heard someone called her name. “Hyunrin-ah.” She turned around and her eyes widened as she saw Nichkhun standing near her. “Oppa? What are you doing here? Don’t you have schedule for today?”

“I’m here to accompany you to go to school.”

“What?”

“Why? You don’t like it?”

“No. It’s not like that. I-- I mean-- You are f-a-m-o-u-s. Why do you want to accompany me?”

“I’m just an ordinary people like you. Why can’t I accompany you to go to the school? Ignore about the fact that I’m celebrity or whatever. Would you?”

Hyunrin smiled shyly and nodded. “Fine. Let’s go.”

“Yeay!” Nichkhun yelled and ran to Hyunrin. He put his arm around Hyunrin’s shoulder. “Let’s go.”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chansung  looked at Wooyoung who was seriously thinking about something. His hyung was being an introvert lately. He knew something happened with his hyung, but he didn’t know what was that.

“Ya, hyung! What are you thinking about?” finally Chansung spoke.

“Nothing. Don’t worry.”

“Hyung, you’re bad at lying, so please don’t be a liar in front of me.”

Wooyoung sighed and laid down on the sofa. He closed his eyes and murmured. “I’m sick of this.”

“Sick of what? Tell me.” Chansung shook Wooyoung’s shoulder just like a kid.

“My sister and Doojoon hyung.”

“What’s wrong with them this time?”

Wooyoung sat up and messed his hair, looked so desperate. “Should I tell this to you?”

Chansung nooded quickly, he was absolutely curious about what was happening now.

“Hyunrin lost her memory. She forgot about Doojoon hyung. The latest memory she can remember is when she was 13.”

“Oh my Lord! Are you serious, hyung?”

Wooyoung nodded. “You know how much Doojoon hyung loved her, don’t you?”

“And he still does.”

“Right. I knew how much pain he tried to endure, I knew that. I knew how much he pretended like he didn’t love my sister but he failed. He loved her so much.”

“I saw it.” Chansung nodded. “Why didn’t he tell Hyunrin that he loved her?”

“He was afraid that he would be a bad boyfriend for my sister.” Wooyoung cut his words as his phone rang. Nichkhun called.

“Your sister is at the hospital now. Fainted.”