Brainwash

Say 'I love you' It's Simple!

"Agashi…Agashi." A sweet motherly voice woke Heejoon from the midst of her dreams. Heejoon forced herself to sit up; she rubbed her eyes and blinked at the women in a neat black uniform.

The woman immediately bowed 90 degrees and politely introduced herself, "I am young master’s personal maid, Yoon Yeseul, pleased to meet you." Yeseul flashed a welcoming smile.

Heejoon quickly scrambled from the bed and formed a precise L with her petite body, "Anneyonghaseyo Yoon Yeseul sshi, it is also nice to meet you too" Heejoon blurted, "Mianhe for not being able to introduce myself first."

Yeseul blinked in puzzlement. She had expected Heejoon to be another one of those rebellious girls who did the whole package. Smoking, drugs, drinking, talk back to those who were older etc. "Ah, yes. No need for a formal greeting" Yeseul giggled, her cute dimples appearing.

Heejoon sheepishly rubbed her arm. She was silently scolding herself for being so dumb towards an unni. "Mianhe Yeseul sshi"

"For what?" Yeseul was already amused by this girl.

"I probably look unkempt at the moment" Heejoon replied, completely embarrassed. She felt the familiar red colour spread across her cheeks and naturally her fingers fumbled in nervousness.

Yeseul just laughed, "No, you look fine. After you wash up, come down and have breakfast…and you can call me unni. It’s sounds much better"

Heejoon smiled with a beam, "Ne…Unni."

"Good." Yeseul left with a smile.

"Pabo." Heejoon banged her fist against her head. "I probably made her uncomfortable." She hit her head again.

At that moment, the door shot open and Kris walked in, he then remembered that the girl had occupied his room and paused halfway through the door.*Oh * He bit his lip and hesitated to lift his head.

Heejoon snatched her fist back down and tilted her head. She wordlessly blinked at the male with her big, bambi eyes. "Hello." She greeted with a small smile.

Kris gulped. He wanted to leave but his legs acted as if they were permanently glued to the ground.

He freaked. "…"*I’M SO STUPID!* Awkwardly, Kris backed out the door and closed the door in front of him. He stared at the closed door and shook his head, *Why did I act like that? I’m not usually like this! Never mind…* He breathed out to calm himself and quickly sauntered to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

"That was weird." Heejoon scratched her forehead, baffled.

--

"You okay there?" Xiumin watched Kris stare into the distance, "Thinking of a special lady?" Xiumin teased.

Kris glared at Xiumin, not giggling a little.

Xiumin cleared his throat, looking away in an instant. *Why does he always have to be like that? It’s scary*

Chen picked up his fork and stabbed a piece of his omelette on his plate; he picked it up and dipped it into his mouth, savouring the taste. "Man, whoever made this tastes awesome!"

Luhan rolled his eyes, "We have one of the top chefs in Korea cooking our daily meals each day"

"True" Chen nodded and took another forkful.

The 6 males were having their breakfast in their grand, dining table. All were eating normally with the exception of Tao. Food was his world; anyone who dared to ruin his eating time WILL have to face the maknae’s wrath.

"Is Heejoon still sleeping?" Chen looked at Tao. Tao dropped his fork and lazily lifted his head, "I don’t know" He shrugged, "Does it look like I stayed with her the whole night and watched her sleep?"

"Chill man, I was just asking" Chen blew a raspberry.

"Aish, my food!" Tao threw his arms over his bowl defensively, still stuffing his mouth.

"So her name is Heejoon?" Xiumin blinked.

Chen nodded, "Yes, Han Heejoon I think it was"

"Han Heejoon" Xiumin mumbled thoughtfully.

*Han Heejoon…* Kris drifted his blank gaze to his steamy breakfast. He didn’t feel like eating anymore. He abruptly stood up and walked away without a word.

The boys stared at Kris, wondering where he was going.

Chen noticed the maid and smiled, "No need to worry, he’s just going out for another one of his morning jogs"

The maid shook her head in understandment and swiped his full plate back into the kitchen. *What a waste*

--

"Hmmm, this is strange" Heejoon took note of the rising temperature of the ring in her palm. It was beginning to heat up and she was curious, it never did this before. *Maybe it’s too hot-* Heejoon froze hearing footsteps nearing. She hid the ring in her pocket and turned around, greeted by Kris’s poker face.

"Anneyonghaseyo" Heejoon bowed and glanced up at Kris.

She realised he was really tall and radiating with charisma.

*Just like Kai oppa without the height of course* She smiled. "Did you already eat?"

Kris didn’t bother replying and continued to stare at Heejoon in his bored, poised expression.

Unlike Kris, Heejoon didn’t find the air between them uncomfortable.

Heejoon was able to adapt rather well with others, even if their personalities were far from similar. She blinked down to Kris’s abdomen and pointed, "Do you feel better?"

Kris followed her curious gaze and stared at his own stomach, he remembered the previous night, how she healed him with her tender and warm glow that emitted from her soft palm. He was still lost in thoughts because of that event.

Kris snapped out from his trance and covered the spot where he was stabbed, raising his head. His eyes connected with Heejoon’s for a while. He investigated those big, bambi eyes pondering why she had saved him.

She didn’t have to and well, they were complete strangers to one another. It would’ve been easier to witness his death but from his memory, this girl in front of him insisted on saving his life, even going against Lay’s threats to do so.

Most people who knew of Kris would have loved to see him die; his background wasn’t so great either. He was part of a murderous gang, a leader too. He killed for a living. Despite his immensely rich status, Kris wasn’t the type to flaunt his colossal wealth. He didn’t bother since practically everyone in the country knew who he was. Not a gang member but the son of Wu industries. Yes Kris was a the heir of a well-known company, owning many top hotels, resorts, big pieces of land and islands located in Asia.

"You are Wu Fan? Am I correct?" Heejoon offered her hand; "I’m Heejoon, nice to meet you" She beamed.

Kris simply stared at her hand, not intending to touch it one bit.

Heejoon didn’t mind that Kris rejected her greeting and pulled her hand back to her side. She could tell he was the mysterious type, not to mention a quiet one too. "Then, I’ll see you around" She waved and skipped off.

Kris had sniffed in a brief scent from her as she passed, she smelt like warm caramel, tinged with lime. It smelt strangely familiar, like he knew someone with the same scent but he couldn’t pin point anyone in particular.

Kris was just about to start his morning jog when his phone vibrated in his pocket; he answered the call and sighed when it ended. *Not another killing* He sunk his fists into his pockets and coolly ordered his butler to fetch some equipment from his bedroom. "This will be the fifth person I’ll kill this week." He glumly muttered.

--

"Come over here." Xiumin hollered, waving his hands in the air.

Heejoon shyly nodded and shuffled over. She accepted the seat between Xiumin and Tao.

"We didn’t get the chance to thank you, so thank you for saving our duizhang’s life. We’re in debt to you" Xiumin did a polite bow, obviously being playful.

"What do you mean? Talk for yourself" Tao mumbled. He didn’t like how Xiumin was acting so normally with this stranger. Maybe Tao was still holding onto a grudge against Heejoon from earlier.

Luhan elbowed him, sending him a look to behave. Although Luhan was highly suspicious of Heejoon, he still wanted to show respect. She did save their leader’s life.

*Damn* Tao forced some cut up pieces of fruit into his mouth *I might as well dig my grave since these dorks seem to like her* He thought while chomping on the fruits.

Luhan averted his gaze to Heejoon, he wondered about her abilities. "You heal?" He suddenly asked.

Heejoon swallowed her food and looked at Luhan, "Heal?"

"Yeah…how’d you do it?" He probed.

Lay, Tao, Chen and Xiumin found themselves chewing silently. They wanted an answer. The miraculous scene from last night was still fresh in their minds.

Heejoon put her spoon down, giving her attention to the 5 guys.

Inside, she was in panic mode, searching for possible excuses. She admits being an idiot for exposing her powers so blatantly, especially in front of strangers but how would she tell them?

Would she confess that she was an angel who held very special powers?

OR

Claim she was an abnormal human with healing powers?

She glanced up and caught Lay’s intent gaze, she shivered a little, stumbling on an idea to hide her real self. *What should I do?*

She paused to think and remembered something.

Wait, her other power was brainwash.

And so…

She looked deeply into Lay’s eyes first, "I don’t have any powers, I’m just a normal human" She said in her hypnotizing and alluring tone, she wound her head to Xiumin, "I’m completely normal, nothing about me is suspicious" She continued. She then caught eye-contact with Tao, "I really am just a normal human with no powers" She casted her brainwash power among them.

She repeated this on Luhan and Chen and soon, all were brainwashed into believing Heejoon was a normal human being.

She successfully made them think she was a friend of theirs and that Kris’s wound had already healed naturally without the use of powers.

"My head" Tao grabbed a handful of his black hair and tugged on it.

"Poor baby, come here and I’ll blown on it just to make it feel better" Chen pressed his lips into a firm line to supress his uprising laughter.

Tao scoffed, "Chen you retard. Do you honestly think I’ll let you blow on my head?"

Chen squeaked a ‘yes’ and therefore, earning him a mighty glare from the maknae. "Chen, don’t blame me when you find yourself taped on top of my car" He smirked.

Chen shook his head and faced Heejoon who had quieten, "Heejoon ah"

"Yes?" You lifted your gaze.

"I have this history assignment due next week, would you please help me? I kinda at that subject and I really want a good mark" He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. He knew little of the Joseon dynasty.

"Sure, when do you need the help Chen sshi?" Heejoon asked.

Chen chuckled, noting how she didn’t say ‘oppa’ like girls wouldn’t often say. "On Saturday please and by the way, call me oppa. Sshi is too stiff and uncomfortable" He explained, making a face.

*What the hell is wrong with this guy? Doesn’t he know that we can’t exactly befriend outsiders?* Lay, Luhan and Tao thought.

"Saturday it is Chen oppa" Heejoon smiled. She rose from her seat and bowed politely, "Thank you for breakfast and lending me a place to stay at night."

"You’re welcome yeobo" Xiumin hugged Heejoon’s arm lightly.

Heejoon didn’t act those girls who were lucky to have seen Xiumin display his aegyo; she didn’t faint or squeal out in happiness. She only smiled, patting Xiumin’s hand that rested on her arm, "See you on Saturday yeobo" She winked, playing along.

Xiumin blinked in shock, so did Luhan, Lay, Chen and Tao.

"Y-You" Xiumin released his grasp on her arm and stepped back in surprise.

"Bye guys, I’ll see all of you on Saturday right?" She bowed again and sent them all an amiable smile before heading off.

"S-She…" Xiumin collapsed onto his seat with his dazed expression. "She called me yeobo" He finally managed to say those words.

Lay rolled his eyes, *Of course she did, every girl would say that to you. She’s just trying to get on your good books*