Questions and Tensions

An Angel in Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You two are surely busy.” Jonghoon commented as he arrived at their usual table for lunch with his tray of food in his hands.

He could only sigh when he received no reply as both Sooyoung and Yoona were busy going over the important details of the upcoming dance. Well, both girls were doing a good job at working and eating at the same time and Jonghoon could only chuckle as he sat down. What he couldn’t understand, however, was the slightly tense aura coming from his own best friend. Jonghyun had merely nodded in greeting before staring off into space and Jonghoon could only wonder why, fearing the worst when he tried to guess what was wrong with the other boy.

“I guess that’s it.” Sooyoung clasped her organizer shut. “Is there anything else?”

“No… just shopping left to do for today!” Yoona squealed excitedly. “I hope we find the perfect ones.”

“Wait, you’re going shopping for your gowns today?” Jonghoon sent his still silent best friend a quick glance before he continued. “Do you even have dates already?”

Yoona’s smile faltered for a moment but recovered quickly enough before either Jonghoon or Sooyoung could notice. For his part, Jonghyun had stiffened in his seat beside his best friend, inwardly smacking himself for not letting the latter know what happened sooner. Sooyoung had blushed almost instantly, doing her best to inconspicuously look at the table Kris often shared with Luhan and Xiumin during lunch only to catch the sandy blonde man looking her way. Kris had reddened in his seat and promptly looked away, causing Sooyoung to cough awkwardly to hide her laughter.

“I asked Seungri to be my date and he said yes.” Yoona smiled as brightly as she could though her worry increased tenfold.

“How about you, Soo?” Jonghoon wiggled his eyebrows at the other brunette. “Who’s your date to the dance?”

“Kris.”

“WHAT?”

Sooyoung’s hand shot forwards to cover his mouth; a look of annoyance crossing her face when people began to stare at them. “Choi Jonghoon, can you keep your voice down? You’re going to create a scene!”

“But…” He mumbled against her palm, flicking his eyes worriedly at Jonghyun when Sooyoung removed her hand. “I was just surprised. That’s all.”

“You’re not the only one.” She mumbled under her breath. “I thought I wouldn’t be able to do it.”

“So, who’s your date?” Yoona asked almost too enthusiastically, wanting to divert the attention from her best friend.

“Oh, I… Uh…” His ears tinged pink. “I got asked out by Bora to the dance.”

“That’s awesome. I’m sure you’ll have a great time with her.” Sooyoung grinned before turning her attention to Jonghyun. “How about you?”

Yoona and Jonghoon could only exchange a troubled look; the two being the only ones who knew about Jonghyun’s original plan. The two fought the urge to sigh out loud and bury their faces in their hands as Jonghyun finally snapped out of his thoughts; his eyes focusing on Sooyoung.

“Sunhwa.”

Jonghoon and Yoona didn’t bother to stop their jaws from dropping in shock; a pointed look from Jonghyun straightening them up soon after. “She’s been crushing on you for the longest time!’ Sooyoung giggled. “That’s really brave of her to ask you.”

Jonghyun forced himself to smile while Jonghoon and Yoona could only quietly sigh.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“Are you coming home with us or are you and Sooyoung heading to the cemetery after class?” Luhan asked as he, Xiumin and Kris left the lockers.

“I’m coming with you guys.” Kris answered as he stuffed his book into his backpack, zipping it shut afterwards.

Xiumin arched an eyebrow in surprise. “What’s up? Why aren’t you guys going to the cemetery?”

He rolled his eyes, bracing himself for what would surely happen next. “She’s going dress shopping with Yoona for the dance.”

“Really?” His eyes widened. “Then why the hell aren’t you coming, Kris? Don’t you want to see her fit many gowns for you?”

Luhan whacked the back of his head before Kris could even get a chance to. “Have you ever heard the word ‘surprise’, oh you idiot one?”

Xiumin rolled his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter