Next Door

An Angel in Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With the cat out of the bag, for lack of a better term, things had noticeably changed.

The biggest change of all, it seemed, was that Sooyoung and Kris became the school’s hottest couple, much to both their chagrin and Kris’s growing discomfort.

Needless to say, the unintentional announcement of their relationship earned them as many admirers as there were haters, with the latter greater in number for Sooyoung than for Kris. If Kris had their way, he would’ve snapped at each and every breathing creature that would dare even just glare at Sooyoung but his girlfriend, Luhan and Xiumin succeeded so far in keeping his temper at bay, reasoning that while he got away with punching one erted , it didn’t mean that he’d get away the next time he loses his cool.

“Stupid, delusional, exasperating girls.” Kris grumbled under his breath as he and Sooyoung stepped into the main building, her hand in his as he led the way through the morning hallway crowd.

“Kris.” Sooyoung whispered in an admonishing tone, squeezing his hand. “They’ll get tired eventually. Don’t mind them.”

“What gives them the right to make comments like that? I get that they’re brainless and all but still.” He frowned. “They may think they’re all that but they’re still ugly to me even if they put five layers of BB cream on their faces.”

His short but very amusing tirade sent her into peals of laughter; the brunette thankful that they finally reached her locker. “You sure know how to make a girl laugh.”

He let go of her hand and, leaning against the locker next to his girlfriend’s, he smiled. “For you, I try.”

Even as she rolled her eyes at his reply, she couldn’t help the blush that stained her cheeks. “We’re working on our research paper after class, right?” She asked as she opened her locker and deposited some of the books she didn’t need for the day inside.

The blonde haired man nodded, folding his arms over his chest as he spoke. “Yup. Your house or mine?”

“Anywhere’s fine.” Sooyoung took out two books, offering little resistance when Kris all but plucked them out of her grasp. “I managed to buy some Ben and Jerry’s yesterday though.”

“Then your house it is.”

She smiled, shaking her head as she finally shut and locked her locker. Taking her hand in his again, silence reigned between them as they weaved through the crowd getting ready for the first class of the day. Her room was closer to the lockers than his and therefore, he was fully intent on bring her to her room first before he went to his. Not that it matters any but even if her classroom was on the other end of the street, he’d still bring her and drop her off there first.

“Lunch break should come faster.”

She giggled as they stood out of her classroom; the tall brunette standing in front of her boyfriend. He’d come a long way from the tall blonde who barely spoke a word and expressed himself, though she knew that this side of him was saved for her and her only. There were still times that he was still too silent even in the company of Luhan and Xiumin. “You’ll see me soon enough.”

Kris arched an eyebrow; his eyes twinkling with mirth. “What makes you think it’s ‘cause of you? Maybe I just want to eat already.”

Sooyoung raised a challenging eyebrow of her own. “Oh, really? Well, then. I’ll see you at the end of the day.”

“I was kidding, geeze, woman.” A gentle tug had her tumbling in his arms. “You know I’ll miss you, even if it’s lunch break in a few hours.”

She felt her face heat up again. “Kris…”

“Embarrassed?” Kris chuckled.

“Far from it.” The brunette pulled away slightly, only to perch up on her tiptoes to press her lips to his. She was vaguely aware of the nearby squeals and murmurs but she never really did care about them. Pulling back, the most beautiful of smiles graces her face as she reached a hand up to cup his face. “You know I love you, right?”

“Of course.” He pressed a kiss to her forehead. “I love you more.”

Sooyoung shook her head. “Not possible.”

Kris laughed, finally letting go of her. “See you soon.”

“See you soon.” And w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter