Breaking News

An Angel in Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: For the purposes of this fanfic, I am keeping Kris blonde. LOL.

I sincerely apologize that it took me this long to update. I also want to thank everyone who have read and commented. You guys are awesome and thank you so, so much :D

 

“Ah, I hate math.”

“How can you hate math?” Kris arched an eyebrow before he scowled at his own school work. “I hate art.”

“How can you hate art?” Sooyoung shot back at him, the two currently perched on the carpet before a coffee table in her living room. “Besides, who told you to take that elective anyway?”

“I didn’t really have a choice.” He reasoned dryly. “It was either that or Mandarin and I’m not allowed to take that.”

The brunette rolled her eyes at that, glaring slightly at the trigonometry homework she had yet to finish. Kris had finished his already, refusing to give her the answers when she begged for them in her frustration. “What are you supposed to draw anyway?”

“A fantasy character.”

A quick peek at his drawing had her biting her fist. “Is that supposed to explain why your drawing looks like it came out of Adventure Time?”

“…It’s supposed to be a dragon.”

“A dragon…” She repeated, nodding slowly. “You could’ve drawn an elf or a witch but you went for the dragon?”

Kris pouted. “It looks like a dragon, right?”

“Sure, it does… as long as you’re going for the whole fluffy, rounded, curvy dragon look.” Sooyoung snickered.

Really, his drawing wasn’t that bad – it was just a far, far, far cry from the menacing, scary, violent creature a dragon was supposed to be. The drawing was adorable, she’d give him that. That, along with the mock hurt expression on his normally stoic face, sent Sooyoung into peals of laughter, clutching her stomach as she did so. Kris tried to look offended but it really was pointless; his laughter joining hers in a matter of seconds.

His laughter died down first and for a while, he took the time to just look at her. Her cheeks were flushed from all the laughter and she was still trying to catch her breath; giggles here and there escaping her lips, much to his amusement. He loved seeing her smile, hearing her laugh and just generally knowing that she’s happy. A part of him still couldn’t quite understand how he could somehow be the reason for her happiness but here she was, amused and entertained at his expense. He really didn’t mind.

Sooyoung sobered enough to notice that he was watching her. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

Without warning, Kris cupped her face with his hand and pressed his lips softly against hers, catching her off guard. Sooyoung blinked, stiffening in surprise for a moment before relaxing, and wrapped her arms around his neck as she kissed him back. His free arm was soon wrapped around her back and he pulled her closer to him; their kiss deepening when his tongue tentatively her lower lip to beg for entrance that she easily granted.

“You know I love you, right?” She whispered when they pulled apart

Kris beamed a smile so genuine it made her heart flutter. “Of course, I do. You know I love you too, right?”

“I know.” She answered softly, giggling when he nuzzled her nose with his.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“So, what’s the next school event going to be?” Sooyoung asked as she hoisted her bag over one shoulder and gathered her books in her arms.

Yoona waited until they were both out of the cafeteria before she replied. “The school fair.”

“Really? It’s already time for the fair?” Her eyes widened when she nodded. “Time flies, huh?”

“It really does.” The slightly younger of the two women nodded in agreement; the pair entering the school’s open parking. “The fair will be much more of a headache to organize than the dance.”

Her eyebrows rose at that. “Please don’t tell me you’ll ask for my help again.”

She pouted. “You don’t want?”

Sooyoung rolled her eyes good naturedly. “I’m not sure if I can–”

“Invite Kris to help out too so that you guys will have more time together.”

“Smooth, Im Yoona. Smooth.”

“Hey, girls.” Their conversation was interrupted by the voice of their schoolmate, Hwang Seokju, who was lounging on the hood of his car along with his best friends, Song Hyangsoon and Lim Chongil. Yoona and Sooyoung gave them polite smiles, going on with their way only to be stopped again.

“Why are you in such a hurry?” Seokju asked with a smirk as he hopped off his car. “We still got time.”

The friendly smile disappeared from Yoona’s face, replaced by one that was obviously forced. “You probably have time, Seokju-ssi, but we don’t. So, if you’ll excuse us, we’ll get going.”

“Actually, why don’t you two stay here a little longer?” Hyangsoon suggested, exchanging mischievous glances with Chongil. “It’s not every day we get some alone time with the beautiful girls of the school… b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter