Conclusions

An Angel in Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“That’s exactly what we had in mind!” Yoona clapped happily as two committee members, who had stopped her in the hallway the moment they caught sight of her, showed her the samples for the table arrangements. “Make sure we have both a hard copy and soft copy of this, alright? We can’t risk losing the file.”

“No problem!”

“Yoong!” Jonghyun called out as he came running from the end of the hallway.

“That’s all. Thank you.” Yoona sent a beaming smile at the two members, watching them walk away as Jonghyun skidded to a stop by her side. “What’s up?”

He took a moment or two to catch her breath. “H-Have you seen Sooyoung?”

The brunette shook her head. “Why?”

“Ah, crap.” Jonghyun rolled his eyes as he in a much needed breath. “Why is that woman so hard to find these days?”

“Is it really important?” She asked.

The dark haired man fell silent for a while before he let out a breath, smiling nervously. “I’m going to ask if she already has a date for the dance and if she doesn’t, maybe I can volunteer.”

Jonghyun had expected her to start jumping up and down in excitement and to encourage him to go look for their friend. But the look on her was currently anything but.  The smile on his face slowly disappeared as he tried to understand why she was looking at him like that, why she hadn’t reacted the way he expected her to. He realized soon after, that no matter how he tried to brace himself for the answer, he wouldn’t be complete prepared to hear it.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

His eyebrows furrowed. “Why not?”

“Jong, she has a date already.”

She has a date already.

She has a date already.

Yoona’s words repeated themselves over and over in his mind long after he had dejectedly left, ignoring Yoona as she called out his name over and over again, aimlessly walking around the buildng. Jonghyun had it all planned out in his mind how he was going to ask without really imposing on her to take him. Truth be told, he’d been hoping that she’d ask him the moment he caught wind about the girl’s choice dance. He’d been rather confident that she wouldn’t ask Jonghoon and in the off chance that she did, his best friend had already assured him that he’d politely reject her and send her his way.

Reality was having a hard time sinking in.

Who was it then?

Was it one of the students from the upper class? It was possible. He knew Sooyoung had many admirers in school. It was just the matter of who exactly it was who swept her off her feet and was able to gain himself the privilege of being asked by Sooyoung to be her date to the dance. Jonghyun slowed down as something – rather someone – caught the corner of his eye. He took a few steps back and peered inside the kitchen. Sooyoung had Home Economics the previous period.

True enough, he found Sooyoung inside even if class was finished and her classmates had left, watching her cooling cookies like a hawk. He moved so he had a better view of the room despite being partially hidden; Kris Wu soon coming into his line of sight. The Chinese Canadian man was leaning against the counter; his arms folded over his chest as his face settled for its usual poker look.

Jonghyun’s eyebrows furrowed.

He was sure that Kris and Sooyoung weren’t classmates in Home Economics.

He was also sure that Mr. Kim had yet to set a deadline for the next part of the research paper.

So why was Kris there?

As if to answer him, Sooyoung let out an excited, triumphant squeal when her cookies had sufficiently cooled down, taking one from the cooling rack and testing its temperature against her fingers. Satisfied that it had cooled enough to be held and eaten without burning the tongue, she beckoned Kris over. Jonghyun watched as Kris stayed immobile for a moment before the latter pushed off the counter and made his way to the brunette.

“Try it.” Jonghyun heard Sooyoung speak from inside.

Kris shook his head. “No, thanks. You taste it instead.”

“Why not?” She pouted. “I want to know what you think of it.”

“Seriously, it’s okay.” He tried to remain poker faced but Jonghyun could see the change in the look in his eyes. “You don’t have to give me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter