Chapter Three

My Heart

She closes her eyes getting ready to hit the hard bricks floor but it never came as a hand grabs her wrist and pulls her up. She opens her eyes and found herself in his embrace; she got a shock and moves a step behind but yelps in pain and almost fell again. Luckily he was still holding onto her wrist and he looks at her in a worried face. Are you alright, did you injured your leg? She looks at her ankle and then looks up at him in teary eyes and nods her head while pouting… He did not know whether he should laugh or not seeing her so cute like this… It is very painful, do you want me to get you to the hospital, he asked. Is okay, I’ll go to the pharmacy nearby to get a bandage before going back to the hotel. You better go now, your friends must still be waiting for you in the café. Thank you so much Hong Ki sshi, she said and bows. How you know my name, he asked in surprise and puts on his hoodie cap. Those girls were talking about you just now and I heard them calling you “Hong Ki Oppa”, she said and smiles… Gosh, why does she sound so cute when she says Hong Ki Oppa, I wish she can call me that too, he thought to himself… I’ll get going now, thank you once again. Good bye, she said and slowly walks away. Suddenly he snaps out hearing her saying good bye, he walks up to her and held her wrist again. Did I drop something again, she asked curiously. Erm, I have not got your name, he said and rubs the back of his neck. Oh, my name is Gail, I am from Singapore. He had difficulty pronouncing her name but he tried. Gail, nice and unique name, he said and smiles at her… She swears her heart skip a beat seeing his smile. Why not get someone to bring you back, you can’t walk too much or it will get worse later, he said. I am actually here alone, I will be fine don’t worry, she smiles to assure him before waving a good bye. But after walking a few steps, her ankle gave way again and she held on to the wall for support. Hong Ki went up to her and bends down to check on her ankle. I don’t think is a good idea for you to keep walking like that, come on I’ll carry you, he said and turn around waiting for her to hop onto his back. No… Is really okay, I don’t want to get you into trouble, she said… Is alright, I’ll turn my mask the other way round, see… He showed her the mask on his face and she smiles at him. He held her wrist and pulls her down onto his back before she could protest. As he stood up, he heard her calling him, Hong Ki sshi, people will still recognize you like that… As long as you don’t call me by my name, he said… Then what I can call you, she asked. He thought for a second and smiles, call me Oppa...

Oppa… She tried calling him like that but she felt weird. He nods his head and grins like a little boy, good, let’s go. Tell me where the hotel that you are staying in. It is called PLEX Hotel, it’s actually at the right lane in front but I need to go to the pharmacy first, she said. He nods his head in acknowledgement as he was walking a lot of people were looking at them, she lower her head and hide her face shyly. Erm… Oppa, I think you should put me down, I am very heavy you know, she tried to convince him but he ignores her and walks into the entrance of the pharmacy. He walks around grabbing two rolls of bandage, a tube of anti inflammation cream, an ice pack and an ankle support wrap then he heads to the cashier. When she was about to take out her wallet from her bag, Hong Ki shakes his head and took some cash out from the front pocket of his jeans. He paid and thanks the cashier before heading out of the pharmacy. He continues walking ignoring all the stares from other as he walks into the hotel entrance. Oppa, I need to check in first, let me down first. He walks her up to the front desk and puts her down and he turns his back away from the receptionist. As they were preparing her things, he looks around and saw a lot of couple walking in and out hugging and kissing each other. He saw an old man kissing a young lady on her neck while walking into the hotel; he got disgusted and turns away. This is more like a love hotel, he thought and he saw a few guys looking over at Gail. He did not know why he had a sudden urge to beat those guys up. Hey y, which room are you staying in? He heard a guy talking so he turns over and saw a guy talking to Gail. As the guy was about to lean forward to her, Hong Ki unconsciously puts his hand around her waist and pulls her closer to him and stare at the guy before walking away. They walk over to the lift where the bellboy passes the luggages to them and he carried it for her. They stood there walking for the lift, as the lift door opens, she wanted to take it from him but he signals her to go in. There was also another couple who entered the lift with them as the door closes, that couple started making out which cause them to feel awkward. Lucky for her, her room was at the third level, she walks out of the lift with Hong Ki behind as she search for her room.

Room 304, here we are, she knocks on the door three times and mumbles something before opening it up. She waited for a few seconds before going in and Hong Ki looks at her curiously. She hops her way to the bed and fall flat on to her bed, unknowingly her top rolls up showing her flat stomach. Hong Ki gulps again and turns away looking around the room. She sat up and hops towards him taking her luggages from him and dragging it to a corner near her bed. Why did you stay here, this place is so dangerous for a girl like you to live alone, he asked. I am going to stay here for a period of time and this is the only hotel that is cheap and convenient. At the meantime I have no choice til I find a job or else I don’t have so much money to pay for house rent, she said. I thought you were here on holiday; you are actually here to find a job, he look at her in amaze. But you are so young, don’t you have to study first, he asked. I have already finished my studies in Singapore; I have started working part time job since I was 14 actually… How old are you now, he asked curiously. I am twenty this year, she said. He looks at her in shock, how a twenty years old girl could be such independent, he thought. Give me a minute, I need to change into something more comfortable first, she said and hop to her bigger luggage drag it to the corner of her bed and tried to pull it up. Hong Ki saw her doing that and went over to carry it for her onto her bed. Thanks Oppa, she said and smiles as she opens her luggage. When she opens up, Hong Ki’s jaw drops open and he quickly closes it and gulps a few times as he turns away. All her bras were on top of it as she opens it, she got a shock too and immediately her face turns red. I am sorry, she said before grabbing a shorts at the corner of her luggage and closes it up before hopping to the bathroom. She starts changing off her jeans into her shorts and ties her hair up into a ponytail. When she came out, she saw Hong Ki sitting at the corner of the bed and pat the space next to him signaling her to sit down. She looks at him for the first time in bright light without his mask and hoodie cap on, he looks handsome and cute at the same time, she thought and smiles to herself. He try hard not to stare at those long slim legs of hers as she walks over to him slowly. Sit in, he said and she did as told. Then he held her leg up putting it on his leg and examines it. He applied some of the cream on her now obviously red and swollen ankle and she jumps up slightly in pain. I’m sorry, just bear with it for a while, he said and gently wrap the bandage around her ankle. She looks at him and studied his face closely, memorize by his looks...

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I made Hong Ki kinda cheeky here... Hope you all like it and please comments... Thank you to all readers and subscribers... Love ya all lots!