The Secret Hideout

The Destined One

Classes just started as per normal. Yoona was in the same class as Seohyun, while the others were all at different classes. Yoona tried to pay attention during lesson, trying not to think about the fun lesson time she had spent with GD. Just as she was about to take her pen and start scribbling notes, she touches her finger accidentally, and realises that her ring was missing. Her couple ring with GD. She started searching around frantically and aimlessly. It was nowhere to be found. She started recalling where could she have dropped her ring. It finally dawned on her that she may have dropped it near the lockers area. Just nice, the bell went off. Without any hesitation, she just dashed out of the classroom. Seohyun was worried and hence called Yuri who was in the same class as Tiffany. Both of them immediately went out of the class to find her with their boyfriends. They looked around and finally found her scrutinizing the floor near the floor frantically, tears almost falling.

 

 

''Yoong! What happen? You are going to hurt yourself if there is glass shards on the floor!'' Tiffany asked Yoona worriedly.

 

''Ring. I must find it. I... I cannot lose it!!!'' Yoona ignored Tiffany's comments, mumbling to herself.

 

Hence, Yuri and Tiffany helped her to look around. However, the ring was nowhere to be found. Both of the girls had stood up, convincing Yoona that the ring is not here. But Yoona still kneel down on the floor, wanting to find the ring. She was like totally in a daze, knowing nothing around her,except to find the ring.

 

----

 

''Isn't that the girl that I have met in the morning? What is she doing on the floor?'' Taecyeon wondered to himself.

 

 

Jay, Jessica and Taecyeon had just ended their class and were heading to their lockers to keep their stuffs. They saw Tiffany, Yuri, Taeyang, Junsu crowding around Yoona. Yoona is kneeling on the ground, frantically finding things. Jessica ran towards them, with Taecyeon and Jay just behind her.

 

 

''What's going on with Yoona, Fany?'' Jessica asked, looking worriedly at Yoona.

 

''She lost her ring with GD oppa. She thinks that she had dropped here. But we had searched already. No sight of the ring. But she still insists that it's here.'' Tiffany sighed.

 

''Er. Miss... I think I know where is your ring...'' Taecyeon spoke up slowly. He hadn't have the chance to hand the ring to the office.

 

Everyone looked at him, bombarding him with questions on the whereabouts of the ring. Yoona stood up slowly and walked towards him. Everyone stood aside, making way for her.

 

''Where.Where is it. Where do you see it?!!'' Yoona asked, hoping that she can get an answer.

 

''Er.. Here... I saw it dropped on the floor.. I wanted to cal.....'' Taecyeon took out the ring from his pocket, handing Yoona back the ring.

 

''DIDN'T YOU KNOW TAKING OTHER PEOPLE'S THING WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT IS STEALING?!! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT?!!'' Yoona interrupted him, shouted at him and ran off.

 

Taecyeon just stood there, dumbfoundedly, couldn't believed what had just happen.

 

''YOONG!!! Mi...Mianhae!! She... She isn't like that. It's just... It's just that ring is really important to her.'' Yuri called out to Yoona, while apologising to Taecyeon for Yoona's behaviour just now. 

 

Taecyeon was just simply taken aback. He just nodded, accepting the apology.

 

''I'll go chase her back. I think I know where she will be. Meet you guys at the cafeteria later!'' Taeyang shouted back,already started running in the direction that Yoona had ran earlier on.

 

----

 

''Hey dude, will that girl be fine?'' Taecyeon asked worriedly. He had no idea why was he so concerned about this girl who had just shouted at him for no reason. His heart just aches for her.

 

''Wow. First day and you already fallen for her? And how do you get that ring anyway. That must be fate.'' Jay joked.

 

''Stop your nonsense please. I just happen to meet her in front of my locker. She was smiling happily to my locker but when I called out to her, her smile faded almost immediately.'' Taecyeon explained, scratching his head in bewilderment.

 

''Oh, I had almost forgotten. Your current locker, used to be GD's. Oh, and anyway, she will be fine. Taeyang always knows how to cheer her up.'' Jay said nonchalantly and walked faster to join the others in front, leaving Taecyeon behind.

 

''Who is GD? Man, why am I so concerned about this girl? Aishh~ Chinjia!'' Taecyeon shooked his head, shrugging his curiousity about Yoona's life.

 

-----

 

True enough, Taeyang found Yoona sitting on the bench on the rooftop, hugging her knees together, head bending down. He smiled and walked towards her, taking a seat beside her.

 

''The breeze here is always the best isn't it?'' Taeyang smiled, looking in front of him.

 

Yoona was startled. She looked up, face bathed in tears.

 

''Taeyang Oppa.... How...How do you... know that I'm here?'' Yoona croaked, choked by tears.

 

''Awww. Come on. How can I be your Taeyang Oppa if I don't know where you will be when you are down?'' Taeyang winked at her.

 

True enough. Whenever Yoona quarrelled or had arguements with GD, or when she was down, it was always Taeyang who cheered her up. The rooftop was her's and Taeyang's secret hideout...

 

----

<<< FLASHBACKS >>>

Yoona just had a slight arguement with GD and decided to come up to the rooftop for some fresh air. Everyone was looking frantically for her, especially GD. He cursed himself for shouting at Yoona. Finally, it was Taeyang who found her leaning against the railing, closing her eyes to feel the breeze.

 

''Nice breeze here isn't it?''

 

''Eh? Taeyang Oppa! How do you know that I'm here?!'' Yoona opened her eyes, startled to see Taeyang and quickly rub away her tears.

 

''I would come here too if I'm feeling down. You know, as much as we are very loving, me and Yul still have arguements like you and Jiyong sometimes. Hence, I found this place the othe time. The breeze here can take away my troubles for the time being.'' Taeyang leaned against the railing as well, beside Yoona.

 

''Oh... Chinjia? I just walked aimlessly and ended up here. But, you're right. The breeze here is really awesome.'' Yoona closes her eyes once more, smiled, enjoying the breeze. 

 

''Yoona ah, why not... Let's make here, our secret hideout?'' Taeyang suddenly spoke up, breaking the silence.

 

''Eh?''

 

''Well, since no one else knows about this place, except for us. So, we shall make this our secret hideout. Whenever one of us is feeling down, the other one will know where to find us. Of course, we must not leak this secret out to others. Even our the oher half.''

 

''Eh? This sounds a good idea! But... Won't Yul be angry? Like.. You know, she hate when you are keeping things from her.''

 

''Anniyo~ Don't worry. We promised that we had our own private life too. And, besides, I bet she and T.O.P hyung and Seungri have lots of secret between each other too. I must have some secrets between her friends also rights? This is what we call self-protection'' Taeyang replied cheekily.

 

''Hahahas. Alrights. Deal!'' Yoona smiled happily, having pinky promise with Taeyang.

 

''So, tell me what happen. Why the both of you were shouting at each other?'' Taeyang started diverting their topic back onto the track slowly.

 

''Oh.. Actually, it wasn't something big... It was just... Er.. You know that Dara Unnie had been carrying a torch for him right? I was teasing him about this. Ok, maybe I also want to test his feelings for her.. But ended up, he gets pissed off and shouted at me, so I shouted back.I'm worried... I don't know how long will we last, Oppa...''Yoona sighed, explaining the incident to Taeyang.

 

''Oh. No wonder he is so vexed. You got this guy's weak point, Yoona'' Taeyang laughed.

 

''Eh?''

 

''You know, he hates his girlfriends to talk about the girls that like him. It seems to him that he isn't giving them enough security and hence they will feel this way. You know he is a confident guy. Nothing can wreck his confidence except for this. And this time round, he reacted so strongly was because, one part, yes. You are right. He knows fully that Dara had been liking him. He tried rejecting her but to no avail. This issue had been bugging him for long already. But most importantly, he hates the fact that the girl he loved, was teasing him about other girls. Yoona, this mean that, you are really important in his heart. Yes. He do have quite a number of girlfriends in the past. But, this is the first time, I see him so serious about relationship before. He always place friendship in front of relationship. But now, he places you, in front of all of us. He always look at your photo and smile to himself before going to bed every night. And Remember last time he had gone to watch a movie with you when he is suppose to meet us for a drink? He decided to accompany you and he listens to you because you once said that excessive drinking is bad for health. Hence, he made up an excuse, telling you that we have to accompany our girlfriends too. Only Junsu and I know the real reason. And, we are suppose to keep it till we die. But of course, I'm letting you know now since this is our secret hideout. Do not leak out alrights! You know his pride. He will certainly kill me.'' Taeyang explained slowly to Yoona, letting her realise how much GD loves and adores her.

 

''Chinjia? Wow. I never knew that.. Rest assure,Taeyang oppa! I won't breathe a word to him. Secret hideout. Alrights. Since you let me know such a big secret, I'll let you in to one too. You know, Yul always acts cool in front of people, but actually, she is just like any other normal girls. The moment she gets home, she will start bragging to us about you. She is like a fangirl of yours. Going crazy because of you.'' Yoona laughed when she recalled the incident.

 

''Wow. I had never known that the black pearl, Kwon Yuri will react in such a way. I thought I wasn't doing enough for her to be touched...Thanks partner!''

 

''This must be kept to yourself too! Anniyo~ You are the first boyfriend that she ever brags to us about. So I believe you two will definitely lasts. Just like Sica unnie and Jay Oppa. You're welcome~ ''

 

''Come on, I'll show you my personal treasure and you will know that you and him will definitely last.'' Taeyang smirked, taking out his phone.

 

 

He played a video that he had flimed the other night. It was a video of GD sleep-talking. mumbling Yoona's name and how much he loves her, smiling blissfully. And there was one that he just flimed when GD was frantically looking for Yoona. He is almost on the verge of crying already. Yoona laughed and smiled sweetly at the first part and was touched in the second part, tears forming in her eyes. GD, was indeed her one and only...

 

 

''Kamsahaminda.. Taeyang Oppa...'' Yoona smiled, wiping away her tears.

 

''Anniyo~ I must say thanks to you too. Come on, let's get down. The others must be worried sick. Especially the MALE lead'' Taeyang chuckled.

 

''Neh!'' Yoona laughed.

 

 

<<< END OF FLASHBACKS >>>

 

-----

Even till now, none of the others know about this hideout. GD and Yuri tried bugging them, but both of them refuse to budged and just let their laughters cover everything.

 

 

''Time certaintly flies isn't it? It was just like yesterday when we were sharing our secrets..'' Taeyang closes his eyes, feeling the cool breeze against his skin.

 

''Yeahs... Oppa.... Do... Do you think I'm in the wrong for shouting at that guy just now?'' Yoona asked guiltly, bending her head down.

 

''You really wanna know the truth?''

 

 

Yoona nodded.

 

 

''Well, I don't think so.'' Taeyang said non-chalantly.

 

''Chinjia?'' Yoona looked up with tearful eyes. 

 

''Uh huh. Who told him to take your ring away.''

 

''Wow. I bet only you think of that.''

 

''Anniyo~I think that you are in the wrong too.''

 

''OPPA!'' Yoona groans. 

 

''You know I always look things at two different sides. Yes, he may be wrong in taking your ring, but you should also have just listen to his explanations. He tried calling out to you, but you just kept on running. So, you are in the wrong''

 

''Oh...Really? But... But I really panicked when I couldn't find the ring. I just can't control my emotions''

 

''This is why I say you aren't in wrong either.'' Taeyang said cheekily.

 

''Aishh~ Oppa! You are not saying anything useful here you know...'' Yoona groans.

 

 

Silence filled the air for a moment. Both wrestling with their own thoughts. Finally, Taeyang spoke up slowly.

 

 

''Yoona ah... You know.. It has been already 9 months.... It's time for you to pu....''

 

''I don't want to forget him! Why are all of you forcing me to forget him?!!! I'll never be able to get Kwon Ji-Yong off my heart and mind!!!''  Yoona interrupted, tears streaming down again.

 

''Araso araso. No one is forcing you, girl. It's just.. Everyone is all worried for you. You are still living under his shadow. Everyone just wants you to get out of that. Perhaps, you can try another way to remember him?'' Taeyang hugged Yoona, letting her cry in his chest.

 

''I don't want to Oppa! I... I can never find someone who loves me that much anymore...'' Yoona cried hard in Taeyang's chest.

 

''Come on, look at me, Yoong. This is because, your heart was locked ever since Jiyong's death. You refused to open up to others, refuse to give them a chance to love you. I know you and hyung had an incredible bond together. Everyone was envious of you two. You two are the best match ever. But you know, Yoona, time will prove all. Life must still goes on. The earth won't stop rotating because of his death. I'm 101% sure that he does not want to see you in this state. He wants the old, cheerful Yoona back. Not the solemn one, like now.'' Taeyang held Yoona's face up to look at him.

 

''I know... I know... I know he doesn't want to see me in this state. But, I can't help it... I really can't! I dreamt of him every single night. I hate the fact that he isn't talking with me during lessons, I hate the fact that he isn't with me during lunch hours, I hate the fact that I'm not receiving his goodnight texts or calls anymore. And I hate the fact that he wil not be with me till the end, leaving me here all alone when he promised me that....'' Yoona cried, tears falling down.

 

''Ok... Perhaps, you can find another way to keep him in your heart and mind. Another way that is comfortable for everyone else. Just like me...'' Taeyang let go off Yoona, and faced in front once again.

 

''You know, actually, my pain isn't lesser than you... You are his lover. I'm his best buddy. We had been buddies ever since young, sharing almost every single thing. When I realise that he left me, forever, my world, like yours too, stopped. Totally. But, I know he doesn't want us to behave this way. I know this is easier said than done. However, with the help of friends around me, everything becomes more easier. Especially Yuri. You know, because of this incident, I scolded her lots of time, throwing my temper at her. But she was very understanding throughout this whole thing. I'm sure I have every right to tell you to stop this. Stop hurting yourself, Yoona. Buried Kwon Ji-Yong deep down in your heart. Don't shut your heart anymore. This is a place for you to keep away from your troubles temporarily, you can't avoid them forever. Eventually, you will have to overcome them. And, I guess the time is here already. You have friends all around you to help you. And most importantly, Yoona, you are the strongest girl that I have ever met. I believe you can do this. This is the last time I'm going to tell you all this. I won't ask you to forget Jiyong, because I know you won't and you refuse to. I just want to let you know, stop hurting yourself and stop hurting the people around you, like I once did...'' Taeyang become serious, looking warmly into Yoona's eyes.

 

''I...I....Mianhae Taeyang oppa... I didn't know you actually suffered so much because of this incident too... I thought you are cold-blooded you know? I even doubted that you are his best friend. You seems.... You seems so...no....''

 

''I look so normal right? I know that of course. But like I said, I shouldn't put all my grief on the people around me. They don't deserve this.'' Taeyang smiled.

 

''Ok... I understand already... But... I really need... need time...'' Yoona stopped crying, wiping away her tears.

 

''Knew you will answer that. Of course you can! You have all the time in the world but of course, don't take....''

 

''Forever~ I know. This is your line oppa~'' Yoona stuck out her tongue at him.

 

''Yups! Glad you know that. So you better stick to it.''

 

''Alrights. Pinky promise.'' Yoona finally smiled.

 

''Aishh~ Must we do this again? It's a new school year already Yoona.. Time for new things. Cool guys don't do pinky promises. Seungri and Daesung will laugh their heads off if they knew this.'' Taeyang  groaned.

 

''Awww. Then let's forget our deal.'' Yoona pretended to pout.

 

''Alrights alrights. Man, you and Yul always like to use this tatic on me'' Taeyang hooked his pinky with Yoona. ''Pinky Promise''

 

''But it always work~'' Yoona stuck out her tongue at him.

 

''Aishh~ Yeah yeah. Come on, let's get going. The others must be all waiting for us.'' Taeyang turned to walk towards the stairs.

 

''Oppa...'' Yoona called out to him.

 

''Eh?'' Taeyang turned back.

 

''Kamsahaminda~'' Yoona ran towards him, linking her arms with him.

 

''My pleasure, Little sister'' Taeyang smiled. 'Jiyong, did you see this? Please watch over Yoona always. Help her get over this...' Taeyang smiled, looking up the sky, imagine GD's face...