The Final One

The Destined One

''Ji Yong ah! Stop running around. Come here~''

 

''Yeahs. Playful brat. Come here.''

 

''Neh~'' Ji Yong sighed.

 

''Look at you. Running around. Now you are perspiring so much.'' Yoona nagged at Ji Yong as she wiped his perspiration away.

 

''Umma~ Why are we here? Ji Yong wants to go and play!'' Ji Yong pouted.

 

''This playful guy totally reminds me of Taec when he is young.'' Jay laughed.

 

''And he is just like Ji Yong. Being cheeky and only thinks about playing and having fun.'' Taeyang laughed. 

 

''Eh? Godpa! Why do you say I look like myself?'' Ji Yong scratched his head in bewilderment, causing everyone to laugh at his cute behaviour.

 

''Come on. Godfather will show you what I mean.'' Taeyang chuckled and carry Ji Yong up, walking into the cemetry and stopped in front of a stone tablet.

 

''Eh? Godpa! Put me down!'' Ji Yong struggled and Taeyang laughed, putting him down. ''Umma! Why does this ajeossi has the same name as Ji Yong!!'' He ran towards Yoona, asking her.

 

''Ahhh.. Curious boy.'' Yoona laughed as she patted her son's head. ''Oppa, I'm here~ Time flies isn't it? It's yet another year~'' Yoona walked towards the stone tablet and bend down, wiping GD's picture.

 

''Appa! Who is that ajeossi?'' Ji Yong ran towards his father upon hearing no answer from his mum.

 

''Ahhh. Without him, you this playful brat will not be here.'' Taecyeon laughed as he carry his son up.

 

''Ji Yong ah. Come over here.'' Yoona stretches her hand out, calling out for Ji Yong.

 

''Go to your umma now.'' Taecyeon let Ji Yong down and he ran over to Yoona.

 

''Ji Yong ah. Take a bow. This ajeossi is umma's friend. A very close friend. He has the same name as you. But, you can call him GD ajeossi too.'' Yoona told Ji Yong and he bowed obediently. ''Oppa, this is my son~ Mianhae. Sorry for not keeping my promise about forgetting you. Instead, I decided to name my son after you. Ji Yong. He is called Ok Ji Yong...''

 

''Yeahs... If it wasn't for you, we won't be together already. Kamsahaminda GD~'' Taecyeon step forward, looking at GD's picture too.

 

 

Everyone smiled as they gathered around GD's grave. Yes. Another year had just passed... They smiled as they reminisces about the time they shared....

 

---

 

<<< 5 YEARS AGO >>>

 

'Follow your heart. Let your heart brings you to the place that you really want to go...'  Yoona could hear GD's voice inside her heart. She closes her eyes and started walking, trusting her heart and GD fully.

 

 

She walked for awhile and open her eyes slowly. Amazingly, she found herself ended up at the pier by the beach. Right. This is the first time she talk about GD with Taecyeon. This is where the first time she cried in Taecyeon's arms. This is the first time she ever opened her heart to Taecyeon. She looked around. It has been awhile since she last came here. Yet, everything didn't change. It remains the same.

 

 

''See baby... I told you he isn't going to be here....'' Yoona smiled to herself as she faced the vast sea. She saw no sight of Taecyeon. ''But I'm still glad that you brought me here....''

 

''Yo...Yoona?'' Yoona turned around as she heard someone calling her.

 

''E...Eh?'' Yoona was shocked by whatever she saw.

 

''E...Eh? Yo...Yoona? Is that really...really you?'' Yoona turned around and saw Taecyeon standing right in front of her, with his backpack.

 

''Oh my god. Taec...Hun?'' Yoona was shocked. GD really brought both of them together.

 

''Please don't tell me that you come here because GD tells you to do so...'' Taecyeon laughed in disbelief.

 

''Omo.. You too?!'' Yoona was taken aback. It was simply just too unbelieveable.

 

''Yeahs...I have no idea... I was in America, visiting my mum's grave. I was planning on leaving for Singapore the very next day. Then, I had a very weird dream. I dreamt of GD. He told me...He told me to follow my heart... Follow my heart to the place where I fell in love with you. And ask me not to leave any regrets... I didn't know why but I felt that dream was so real... And so... I decided to come back first...'' Taecyeon trailed off as he recalled his ''encounter'' with GD. ''Wow. Seriously... This is just too spooky...''

 

''Anniyo... He just wants us to be together....He is always so full of ideas... '' Yoona turned herself to face the sea once again and smiled.

 

''Yoona ah....'' Taecyeon stood beside her, looking at her.

 

''Neh?'' Yoona turned her head and look at Taecyeon.

 

''I miss you....'' Taecyeon looked into her eyes intently.

 

''I miss you too....'' Yoona looked deep into his eyes. She finally realises what GD meant. Taecyeon will take care of her, protecting her from all dangers. The memories with Taecyeon flooded all back to her.

 

''I miss you so much... For the past one year, I kept telling myself not to think about you. But, I can't. Whatever I do, wherever I go, my mind will link to you. I fell asleep thinking about your smile every single night. Promise me, Yoona. GD had brought us together. He gave me the courage. I will never ever let go of you again. I swear to my life.'' Taecyeon hugged her tightly, pouring out all his thoughts for the past one year.

 

''I miss you so much too... Ji Yong baby forced me to think of you again. He force me to admit that I'm in love with you. Yes. Ok Taecyeon, I no longer treat you as a shadow of Kwon Ji Yong. I really fell in love with you! And the past doesn't matter to me anymore!'' Yoona cried, hugging Taecyeon back.

 

 

They stood there for awhile, hugging each other tightly, revealing the thoughts and yearns for each other.

 

 

''Hun.... I... I really miss you...'' Yoona spoke with tears in her eyes as they finally break apart.

 

''Silly babe... I miss you too...'' Taecyeon smiled as he wiped away the tears in her eyes.

 

''You're right. I really couldn't face you if it is a year ago. I would think of Ji Yong baby's death whenever I see you... But now, I can confidently say that, I'm in love with you. I have put down all my hatred and walked out of my past. Because of you, Ok Taecyeon.'' Yoona smiled and stabbed a finger in Taecyeon's chest.

 

''Wow. So I guess, Absence do makes the heart grows fonder. You do miss me alot. I know that.'' Taecyeon smirked.

 

''Yah! You didn't change at all! Still so full of yourself!'' Yoona laughed and hit Taecyeon's chest playfully.

 

''Of course~ Why would I want to anyway~ You love me just the way I'm..'' Taecyeon smiled cheekily.

 

''Yah! Alrights. Enough of that. Why didn't you send email to me for the past one year!!? All you did send was to Jay oppa or Taeyang Oppa, informing them about your whereabouts. I thought you had forgotten all about me....'' Yoona pouted.

 

''Yah. How could I? I was afraid that if I were to start emailing you, I would not have the control over myself. I would start sinking back and would rush back just to see you. I know that we both need time to calm down. So, I curbed my urge and don't even mention or contact you. You would never know how much my heart aches when I type those mails.'' Taecyeon sighed as he her hair.

 

''Chinjia? Awwww.... Mia....'' Yoona's heart totally melted.

 

''Ahhh. No more saying sorry. I don't want to hear that.'' Taecyeon smiled and put his finger to interrupt Yoona.

 

''Araso araso.'' Yoona smiled. ''Serious things then. Why didn't you forgive uncle... I had actually went to visit him yesterday and he doesn't seems to know whatever that happen... It's time to let go Taec. No matter what had he done in the past, it's over already. He had received his punishment alreadys. Don't dwell in the past...'' Yoona held Taecyeon's hand.

 

''You really went to visit him? Actually, I had thought about it alot during the past one year. Roaming around the whole world make me realise how important is family. I was thinking of visiting him again after I come back and get to know him more before I make any further decisions...''

 

''Yeahs. Like I said, it's time to put down all my hatred. It's time for me to face the facts. Ji Yong baby gives me the courage. The courage to admit that I'm really in love with you, Ok Taecyeon.'' Yoona smiled as she stabbed a finger on his chest.

 

''Yah yah. So does that mean that I must thank him too? Don't keep praise him in front of me. I'm your boyfriend you know.'' Taecyeon pretended to pout.

 

''Haha! Are you jealous of a deceased person?'' Yoona stuck her tongue out.

 

''Yah! I don't think you treat him as dead, Im Yoona''

 

''Hmmm. Right! But, I decided to buried him deep down into my heart to make space for the person who is so full of himself.'' Yoona laughed.

 

''Yah yah! I shall take this as a compliment. I know you love me alot, just admit it. '' Taecyeon wrapped his arms around her waist, smiling cheekily at her. 

 

''Yah! So full of yourself.'' Yoona hit his chest playfully.

 

''You love it don't you.'' Taecyeon smirked.

 

''Yah! Araso araso. Serious matter. What are we waiting for then? Let's go and meet uncle now. This must not be delayed.'' Yoona grabbed Taecyeon's hand, wanting to pull him away.

 

''Wait! Before that~'' Taecyeon pull Yoona back.

 

 

Taecyeon pulled Yoona back into his arms and kisses her tenderly. Yoona smiled and kisses him back. They stood there for awhile, kissing passionately, trying to chase back the one year that they had missed. Taecyeon wrapped his arms around Yoona's waist, pushing her closer to his body. Yoona wrapped her arms around Taecyeon's neck. After the long, lasting kiss, they played and fooled around in the beach, enjoying each other's company. Finally, the sun begins to set. They sat under a tree, enjoying the sea breeze and the beautiful sunset. Yoona rests her head comfortably on Taecyeon's shoulder, linking arms with him. Taecyeon smelled her hair. He misses the sweet scent. And now, it is back to him. He promise himself that he will never let this girl leave him anymore. With a gentle kiss on her forehead, he rests his head on hers, as they indulged in the beautiful sunset, knowing that the person beside them, is the one for them. The final and destined one.

 

 

''Ji Yong Baby...Jeongmal gomawoyo....I found my destiny....'' Yoona looked at the sunset, and smiled, thinking to herself.

 

 

Under the warm sunset, GD's face appeared, winking at Yoona. Yoona looked at him and smiled brightly....

 

 

<<< END OF FLASHBACKS >>>

 

''Oppa, it has been almost 7 years already... I had been living in bliss. I'm now a teacher and Taecyeon is a famous businessman. We are blessed with this playful brat. He is like a replica of both you and Taecyeon..'' Yoona smiled.

 

''Yeahs. All thanks to you.... And GD, we let you be the first one to know, Yoona is pregnant again!'' Taecyeon put his arm around Yoona's shoulder as he smiled to GD's photo. 

 

''MWUH?!!'' Everyone was taken aback by Taecyeon's last sentence.

 

''Yoong!!! You are pregnant again?!!'' Yuri caught hold of Yoona's hand.

 

''Yah! I told you not to let them know so early! I want to surprise them!'' Yoona pouted.

 

''Aishh~ I can't contain my happiness anymore. And besides, I'm telling it to GD, not to them.'' Taecyeon laughed.

 

''Ji Yong ah. How have you been doing up there, my brother? I had fufilled my promise of taking that choding Im Yoona. Look at her now, she is already going to be a mother of two! And still that childish!'' Taeyang chuckled.

 

''Yah! Oppa!'' Yoona pouted.

 

''Araso araso. Choding Yoong~'' Taeyang laughed as he wrapped his arm around Yuri's shoulder. ''Babe, I think we should work harder already~ They already have one and another coming up!'' Taeyang rubs his nose on Yuri's cheeks playfully.

 

''Yah yah! Don't be mushy. Be contented with just one.'' Yuri pouted.

 

''Eh? Be contented with just one. Yul, you are pregnant too?!!'' Yoona asked excitedly.

 

''Neh! Hahaha! Yoonyul is going together for life!!'' Yuri hugged Yoona tightly.

 

''Ahhh!! Grats Bro~'' Taecyeon punched his fist into Taeyang's chest lighty.

 

''You too~ Father of two eh?'' Taeyang laughed and hit back. ''Ji Yong ah, why do you look so sad?'' Taeyang noticed Ji Yong had his lips curved down.

 

''Appa, Umma! I don't want to have another sister or brother!!'' Ji Yong pouted.

 

''Eh? Why? They can play with you. You won't be lonely anymore.'' Yoona was confused and asked Ji Yong.

 

''Because..Because Appa and Umma won't love Ji Yong anymore! Appa and Umma will love them more!!'' Ji Yong pouted, and cried.

 

 

Everyone laughed at cute little Ji Yong's remarks.

 

 

''Aishh~ Silly boy. Appa and Umma will always love you. No matter you have a sibiling or not. Because, you are a special gift to us.'' Yoona hugged Ji Yong and laughed.

 

''Ch...Chinjia?'' Ji Yong sobbed.

 

''Neh... Appa promise.''

 

''Umma too...''

 

 

And with that, both Yoona and Taecyeon each planted a kiss on Ji Yong's cheeks. 

 

 

''Believe it now?'' Yoona smiled.

 

''Neh!! Ji Yong loves Appa and Umma too!'' Ji Yong finally smiled and hugged both his parents tightly.

 

''Yah. What about Godpa?'' Taeyang pretend to pout as he carry Ji Yong up.

 

''Ji Yong loves Godpa too!'' With that, he kisses Taeyang on the cheek. ''Godpa, can we go to the amusement park now?'' He smiled cheekily.

 

''Yah! You are just like your mum! Only treating me good when you want a favour from me!'' Taeyang groaned.

 

 

With that, everyone laughed at Taeyang. And they spend a wonderful afternoon in the cemetry, reminiscing the past with GD watching over and smiling at them....