The Last Gift

The Destined One

Yoona's POV:

 

''Baby girl....Wake up...'' I heard someone calling my name

 

''Eh?'' I opened my eyes tiredly. ''Mwuh?! Baby!!!'' I open my eyes and saw Ji Yong baby right in front of me, my hair and giving his forever-alluring-smile.

 

''Eh? Ba...''

 

''Shhh.. Don't talk. Let me take a good look at you. It has been awhile since I last see you...'' He interrupted me by placing a finger on my lips and held my hands gently.

 

 

I did what I was told. We remained at that position for quite awhile. I didn't know exactly how long. But I'm sure it is long. I looked at him, refusing to take my eyes off him. We locked our gaze together for a long while, forgetting about the time that passes. I looked at him intently, wanting to remember every single feature of him clearly and etching them inside my heart. It has been a while since I last dreamt of him and feel his presence. Ever since I'm with Taecyeon, I had not been dreaming about him. Nor feeling his presence. It was as though, he had disappeared from my life completely. I missed him. As much as I missed Taecyeon, I hope I won't wake up from this dream. At least for now.

 

 

''Yoona ah....'' He finally spoke up as he held my hands to his face.

 

''Yes?'' I smiled and touches his face gently.

 

''Remember what I said? Whenever you need me, I will be right here...''

 

''Yes.. And you're here. Please Baby, don't leave me anymore...'' I touches his face with tears in my eyes.

 

''Anniyo... I'm here to tell you, I'm going to take back my words...''

 

''Mwuh? You're...You're going to leave me?!!! I don't want!!!'' I panicked as I held his hands tightly.

 

''Aishh~ Crybaby...'' He wiped away my tears with a smile. ''Because I'm going to entrust you to someone else...''

 

''Taecyeon? Baby... He is gone....'' I sighed.

 

''Anniyo. I'm here to bring you to him. He had never been gone. He is always inside your heart. Isn't it?'' He smiled cheekily as he wiped away my tears.

 

''Mianhae baby....'' I felt gulity. I shouldn't love Taecyeon and betrayed him...

 

''For? Pabo! Baby... It's been almost 2 years already. Time for you to move on. As long as you buried me in your heart, it will be enough already.'' He pinched my nose playfully. Just like the past.

 

''But...'' I pouted.

 

''No buts. Ok. Here it is. Go to the place where you first opened your heart to him truthfully...'' He rubbed my ears playfully.

 

''Eh? Where is it? And, he is in India now! He won't be there...'' I pouted.

 

''Aishh~ Just trust me and trust your heart, Im Yoona.'' He groaned.

 

''Baby.... Don't leave me, will you... I really can't stand another heartbreak...'' I started tearing up like a baby again.

 

''Baby... You won't experience another heartbreak anymore... I won't let anything happen to you. Stay blissfully with Taecyeon. I know he will take good care of you. I will watch you. Up from above.'' He smiled and cleaned my tears away.

 

''Baby.....'' I continue to cry, knowing that this means it was time for him to go...

 

''Come on. This is only a part of your memory. Don't be afraid to make more of it. Just remember this. Kwon Ji Yong will love Im Yoona till eternity. This will never be broken. Be it dead or alive. I love you girl.'' I could see that was a fake smile. He was smiling bitterly.

 

''I love you always too....'' I touched his face and looked at him. For one last time.

 

''Love you always... Remember, live on bravely with your loved ones. I will be secretly looking out for you. Don't think about me anymore. Erase me from your mind.''

 

''Anniyo... I will never do that...'' I pouted.

 

''You must...'' He kisses my forehead for the last time, and started fading away.

 

''Ba...Baby!!!'' I shouted in horror, hugging him tightly, trying a vain attempt to stop him from fading.

 

''This is my last gift for you... Go to the place where you first open your heart for him! Remember to follow your heart!'' He shouted, as he was fading away. ''Yoona...I Love You!!!'' And that was his last sentence for me... The very last sentence.

 

 

<<< END OF POV >>>

 

----

 

''Yoona... Yoona ah!'' Yuri shouted worriedly. 

 

''Baby!'' Yoona opened her eyes in shock, yelling for GD.

 

''Thank god... I kept on calling you but you were just mumbling to yourself... You dreamt of GD oppa again? It has been a while since you dreamt of him...'' Yuri called out worriedly as she wiped away beats of pespiration from Yoona's forehead as Yoona panted.

 

''Ye...Yeah...This...This is so real....'' Yoona panted as she recalled about her dream. 

 

''Aishh~ You will forever say that it is real when you dream of GD oppa.'' Yuri sighed.

 

''Anniyo... This is...This is really real! I can really feel him talking to me.. and and kissing my forehead tenderly....'' Yoona tried to convice Yuri.

 

''Araso araso. What did GD oppa tell you?''

 

''He...He gave me the last gift....''

 

''Eh? What last gift?'' Yuri was puzzled.

 

''Yul! I will be out! Help me tell the others!!'' Yoona suddenly sprang out of the bed and ran to wash up quickly.

 

''Yah! Yoong!!!" Yuri shouted.

 

----

 

''Miss, where would you like to go?'' The taxi driver asked as Yoona boarded the taxi.

 

''Er....'' Yoona thought hard.

 

''Miss?''

 

 

There was no response.

 

 

''Miss, if you are not going anywhere, please get down now.'' The taxi driver gets frustrated, thinking that Yoona is trying to play a trick on him. ''Miss! Get down now! Before I turn nasty!'' The taxi driver shouted after receiving yet another silence from her.

 

''I got it! Uncle! Seoul Beach please!!'' Yoona suddenly shouted aloud, startling the taxi driver.

 

''Yah!'' The taxi driver was annoyed and drove her to the beach at high speed to Yoona's horror.

 

''Ka...Kamsahaminda...'' Yoona was pale after the scary car ride. She paid the money and got out of the taxi, feeling sick.

 

''Chinjia.. Kids nowadays....What a weird girl..'' The taxi driver grumbled and drove off.

 

----

 

''Ahhhh. The air is still that fresh as ever~'' Yoona took a deep breath, closing her eyes to feel the breeze brushing against her skin.

 

'Follow your heart. Let your heart brings you to the place that you really want to go...'  Yoona could hear GD's voice inside her heart. She closes her eyes and started walking, trusting her heart and GD fully.

 

 

She walked for awhile and open her eyes slowly. Amazingly, she found herself ended up at the pier by the beach. Right. This is the first time she talk about GD with Taecyeon. This is where the first time she cried in Taecyeon's arms. This is the first time she ever opened her heart to Taecyeon. She looked around. It has been awhile since she last came here. Yet, everything didn't change. It remains the same.

 

 

''See baby... I told you he isn't going to be here....'' Yoona smiled to herself as she faced the vast sea. She saw no sight of Taecyeon. ''But I'm still glad that you brought me here....''

 

 

''Yo...Yoona?'' Yoona turned around as she heard someone calling her.

 

 

''E...Eh?'' Yoona was shocked by whatever she saw.

 

 

Fate? Destined? Coincidence?