The New Transfer Student

The Destined One

''Unnies.... Oppas... Maknae...'' Yoona walked into the cafeteria, linking arms with Taeyang.

 

''Told you not to worry already. Taeyang oppa always have a way when it comes to Yoona.'' Jessica winked at Yuri.

 

''Yeah Yeah. The two of them seems to have some secret between them. Chinjia~'' Yuri pouted.

 

''Didn't you have secrets between TOP hyung and Seungri, babe?'' Taeyang smirked, breaking apart from Yoona, glided his hand naturally around Yuri's waist.

 

''Yah! That's....That's different case!'' 

 

''Come on, you can't be jealous of your twin right?'' Taeyang winked at Yoona.

 

''I have total trust in my Yoong~'' Yuri stick out her tongue at him, resting her head on Yoona who sat down beside her.

 

''Aishh~ Shouldn't you be saying,'I have total trust in you, Dong Young Bae.' ?'' Taeyang pretend to pout.

 

''Yah! You don't suit this face, baby. So, stop showing that. And, besides, you can't be jealous of your little sister right?'' Yuri laughed.

 

''Yah! Chinjia~'' Taeyang sighed.

 

''Unnie, Oppa, you guys shouldn't be jealous of me. It should be me who is suppose to be jealous of you two. So compatible... So loving....'' Yoona sighed.

 

 

Silence descended upon them again. Before the atmosphere turns frosty again, Jessica hurriedly broke the silence.

 

 

''Hey! Now that Yoona is back, let's carry on with our plan! Time for some wedding shopping!'' Jessica squealed.

 

 

All of them groaned at the same time.

 

 

''Aishh~ I thought you were just joking yesterday. Sica ah, you and Jay oppa had been engaged for a year already! And you won't get married at least another year later. But yet, we are already accompanying you, trying gowns and stuffs. It's tiring you know. We aren't shopping queens like you~'' Yuri said tiredly, resting her head on Yoona's shoulder, pretending to pout.

 

''Anniyo~! We haven't even decide on the ones we like! And besides, earlier planning is good!'' Jessica rebutted.

 

''But the earlier part is... A YEAR'' Tiffany groaned.

 

 

Everyone laughed at Tiffany's remark. Jessica just simply pout and she got up, dragging Jay off.

 

 

''Come on! Meet you guys at the boutique that I had told you yesterday!!!'' Jessica shouted, dragging Jay away from the crowd.

 

''Yah! You guys better come and save me!!! DON'T FORSAKE ME!'' Jay groaned, as he was dragged away.

 

 

Everyone laughed again. This is their shopping queen and B-boy. Jessica Jung and Park Jaebeom.

 

 

''Let's go home. Let's ignore her and leave Jay oppa there. He should be getting used to her shopperholic behaviour by now already.'' Yuri chuckled.

 

''I think, we better tag along. If we don't stop her, Jay oppa may go bankrupt very soon and she can't be married off already.'' Yoona joked.

 

''Yoona is right! The dorm is getting too cramped. We must get the both of them out as soon as possible. Let's go! Meet you guys at the school front porch. I will go get my car here.'' Junsu said, grabbing the car keys and Tiffany's hand.

 

-----

 

After a while, all of them reached the destination that Jessica had stated. They went in and already saw Jessica adjusting Jay's tuxedo for him. Jay just stood there like a manikin, letting Jessica do the stuffs for him. Everyone laughed. This is just so JaySica-like. The unbreakable bonds between them.

 

''Come on, let's get it over and done with, unless you want to be like HIM.'' Junsu said with a chuckle, as he linked arms with Tiffany, making their way to the tuxedo areas.

 

''Baby! Help me pick mine first!'' Yuri linked arms with Taeyang, walking to the gowns area.

 

 

Everyone splitted to the respective areas with their couple to try on their suits. Yoona smiled at the scene. This is her friends. Her family. However, somehow, she felt sour inside. This reminded her of GD again. If GD was here, she would be just like the other girls, smiling blissfully as they tried on the gowns for their boyfriends to comment. She sighed. She decided to go out to take in some fresh air to clear her mind. She found out that there was a balcony in the bridal store and decided to take a rest there. She sat down on the bench provided and faces the scenery in front of her, deep in thoughts.

 

 

''Er....Mind if I take a seat beside you?'' Yoona was startled to hear a man's voice from behind. He sounds cautious and afraid. She turned her head back.

 

It was the new transfer student.

 

''Oh.. Sure...'' Yoona returned with a slight grin and turn her head back. 

 

 

There was an awkward silence between them. Both of them had their head bend down, wrestling with their own thoughts. Yoona was playing with her fingers nervously.

 

 

''Er....'' Both of them spoke up at the same time, looking up and met each other's eyes.

 

''Er... You go first!'' Yoona looked back down awkwardly, playing with her fingers again.

 

''Well, ladies first~'' Taecyeon said non-chalantly, smiling at Yoona. He was amused by her shy actions.

 

''Er....Well.... Er.... Mianhae....'' Yoona said awkwardly, still having her head face down, focusing on playing with her fingers mindlessly, refusing to meet Taecyeon's eyes.

 

''Mwuh?'' Taecyeon blurted out confusely.

 

''Aishh~ Alrights. I'm sorry for shouting at you just now.. I should have listen to your explanations before screaming my heads off. Taeyang Oppa is right.'' Yoona finally looked up and met Taecyeon's eyes. She looked away almost immediately.

 

''Oh...That. Anniyo~ It was my fault. I should have just chased after you when you dropped the ring. I shouldn't wait till after school or something. Your reaction proves that this ring is very important to you.'' Taecyeon flashed his charming smile at her. He just can't help but to smile at her. 

 

''Yeahs... It is important to me...'' Yoona said, looking down again, her ring with her finger carefully and solemnly.

 

 

Silence filled between the both of them once again. This time, Taecyeon broke the silence first.

 

 

''Well, guess like Jessica still haven't get her own desired gown.'' Taecyeon chuckled as he had his back faced Yoona, looking into the glass, seeing Jessica's pouted face.

 

 

Yoona looked up and look at where Taecyeon was looking. Her face was lighted up once again, seeing Jessica's face. Taecyeon was relieved and glad to see her smile once again. Both of them had their back faced the glasses again, facing the scenery in front of them.

 

 

''So.... You are the new transfer student here huhs...'' Yoona started speaking slowly, trying to ease the frosty atmosphere.

 

''Yeahs... I had went to America 3 years ago and now I'm back. My name is Ok Taecyeon. Nice to meet you.'' Taecyeon extended his arms out automatically, giving Yoona a handshake signal.

 

''Ohs... I'm Im Yoo....''

 

''Im Yoona rights? I heard your friend screaming your name just now. It's a little too hard not to hear it.'' Taecyeon chuckled and winked at her.

 

''Ohs... Yeahs...This is how they are like..'' Yoona took his handshake, and gave him a slight grin once again. She releases her hand almost too quickly.

 

 

Silence fell upon them once again. Yoona was thinking of how to get out of this place fast. She is getting way too uncomfortable in this situation. Luckily, Jessica is her saviour for today.

 

 

''YOONG~!!! COME AND TRY THE GOWNS!!!!!!!!'' Jessica shouted through the glass window and both of them chuckled. Yoona was relieved.

 

''Er... I guess you got to go? You don't think you can escape this isn't it?'' Taecyeon smirked. 

 

''Yeahs...'' 

 

''Ok... So... So I guess I'll see you around back in school again, I guess?'' Taecyeon replied awkwardly, sensing that Yoona wanting to end this quickly.

 

''Yups. See you around, Taecyeon. Oh, and... Nice to meet you too.'' Yoona got up from the bench and walked back into the bridal store quickly.

 

 

Seeing her relieved actions, Taecyeon chuckled to himself again. He faced the scenery once more. Gosh, he thought. Why is he smiling to whatever this girl do? He must be nuts. He couldn't be falling for her. Or, could he?

 

-----

 

It was already night by the time all of them had reached their respective houses.

 

 

''Well, Taec, this is the house the 12 of us shared.'' Jay opened the door, showing him the house.

 

''Hyung, I think you should change. It's 11 now. Don't creep us out.'' Seungri chuckled.

 

''Aishh~ Seungri ah! I don't think this is funny alrights.'' Taeyang's face turns serious.

 

''Yeahs. Just keep quiet Seungri.'' Junsu backed Taeyang up.

 

''Alrights alrights. Well Taec, you will share room with Junsu and Taeyang.'' Jay showed him the room. 

 

 

It was neatly arranged. Too neatly to be exact. It was too neat to be a guy's room. Everything was well-organised and there are three single beds arranged side by side to each other. There was a few music equipments and instruments.

 

 

''Alrights. I'll leave you to rest. And remember, do not roam around. Seoul is also HUGE.'' Jay informed Taecyeon the last time before leaving the three of them inside the room. 

 

''Aishh~ Did he have amnesia? I just left Seoul for 3 years.. Not my entire life.'' Taecyeon smirked.

 

''You know how Jay is like. Always exaggerating things.'' Junsu chuckled.

 

''So, wow, this equipments are cool...'' Taecyeon touches the music equipments

 

''Oh.. Well, I'm interested in making my own music. So, these equipments is a must.'' Junsu smiled and explained to Taecyeon.

 

''Wow, Junsu hyung, you are still the same old Kim Junsu. I remember ever since young, you love to play with music.'' Taecyeon smiled, remembering the childhood times with Junsu. Junsu was too, his childhood friend. But of course, he wasn't as close with him than with Jay.

 

''Oh well, I guess I haven't really do a proper intro rights? I'm Dong Young Bae. Or you just simply call me Taeyang.'' Taeyang extended his arms out, giving Taecyeon a warm smile.

 

''Oh hi. Ok Taecyeon. Taeyang. Wow. A nice name.'' Taecyeon shake his hand, returning the smile.

 

''Oh That~''

 

''Aishh~ He is getting proud again. People call him Taeyang as he is like a Sun, bringing smile to all the others around him. He is a very optimistic guy I must say.'' Junsu laughs, wrapping his arm around Taeyang's shoulder playfully.

 

''Come on, just let me show off awhile will you? Don't be like Jiyong.'' Taeyang groaned. 

 

'Is Jiyong that GD again? Why is everyone mentioning about him?' Taecyeon thought to himself again. He is getting more and more interested in GD, this name.

 

----

 

They took turns to have their bath and finally, they laid on the bed. Taecyeon could hold his curiousity no more. He brought up that question.

 

''Er .... Why do Jay says that there are 12 people in here? I had counted.. It's only 11...'' Taecyeon spoke up. His voice was amplified in the enclosed, quiet room.

 

There was a silence. Both Junsu and Taeyang didn't know where to begin.

 

''Oh that..... Er... 11 plus Jiyong, who is known as GD....'' Taeyang replied slowly...

 

''Oh'' Taecyeon replied, hesitating whether should he move on or not. Everyone seems so uneasy now. He decided to drop it.

 

 

Soon, silence once again filled the room. Taecyeon slowly forgets about GD's issue and thought about Yoona. Her gestures, Her face, her eyes. Most importantly, her smile. He loves the way she smiles. It seems as though they had met for a long time whenever he sees her smile. And he found it amazing. Despite her smile is pretty, he found out that her smile had never reached her eyes. It will just reached her cheekbones, and faded away slowly. And he realises that behind the pair of pretty eyes, there is always a hinge of sadness that lingers in it. He couldn't really make out why this is so, but it just makes him want to protect her. He doesn't know why is he behaving in this way. He doesn't believe in love in first sight anyway. This can't be happening to him. Perhaps. Perhaps he just find her unique. She is indeed, afterall, a charming, young lady. Just as he is trying to shrug away his thoughts, Junsu broke his strain of thoughts.

 

 

''Taec, you are thinking about Yoona, aren't you?'' Junsu spoke in the dark, looking up to the ceiling. 

 

''Huh? An...Anniyo!! What are you talking about!'' Taecyeon become flustered. How could Junsu actually tell?!

 

''Don't lie~ I saw the way you look at her just now in the bridal store. Your eyes totally sparkle, Dude. You are still the same. The way you look at the girls you are interested in, it doesn't change.'' Junsu smirked.

 

''Aishh~ Anniyo~ It's just... Aishh~ It's just I find her special. She looks so... so down.. Aishh~ I don't know how to explain! Forget it. I'm going to sleep now.'' Taecyeon replied annoyingly, dragging the blanket over his head.

 

''Taeyang, you know what? I think perhaps, Yoona is going to be changed. Just this time round.''

 

''You know what? I have the same sentiments as you.'' Taeyang smiled, closes his eyes, as he recalled Yoona's blushed face when she was talking to Taecyeon just now in the noon.

 

'Yoona ah, Taeyang Oppa is right isn't it? It's time to move on' Taeyang thought to himself.