Brings You Back To The Past

The Destined One

''Hun!'' Yoona ran over to give Taecyeon a back hug who is waiting for her outside the school gate. ''Have you waited for long?'' She smiled at him.

 

''Ahhh. Waiting for my goddess is a bless~'' Taecyeon smiled and pass her the Strawberry smoothie that he was holding. ''Come on, let's go home. The others are waiting for us. We need to help Sica and Jay with their wedding planning again.'' Taecyeon groaned.

 

''Ah! My favourite smoothie! It has been a while since I last drank! Neh! Troublesome aren't they?'' Yoona laughed, linking her arms with Taecyeon while drinking her smoothie.

 

''Ha! Wait till I tell this to Sica and see what she will do to you.'' Taecyeon chuckled.

 

''Yah! Don't you dare Ok Taecyeon!'' Yoona tickled Taecyeon.

 

''Yah! Araso Araso!'' He laughed and also begin to tickle her by the waist. Hence, they ended up playing on the street. Just then, Taecyeon frozed.

 

''A....Appa?'' He froze, looking straight at the guy in front of him who had his back faced against him. 

 

''Eh? What is it, Hun?'' Yoona stopped fooling around and look at where he is looking.

 

''My...My appa.... I told you he had ditched us a few years back to be with his mistress....'' Taecyeon's face turned serious.

 

''Chinjia? But still, he is your appa... Go forward and greet him, Hun. Don't leave any regrets. I don't even know where is my parents now...'' Yoona encouraged him.

 

''Aishhh~ But....'' Taecyeon is still hesitating.

 

''Come on!'' Yoona pulled Taecyeon towards the older guy. ''Uncle Ok!'' She shouted. The guy turned back.

 

 

And there goes. Everything that happens in a few minutes. Or should I say second.

 

 

''Who is calling me....'' The guy turned back. At that instant, all three of them froze. Yoona blinked her eyes twice. She couldn't believe what she had just saw. The guy too, was stunned to see her. And was even more shocked to see his son standing beside her.

 

''A...Appa....'' Was what Taecyeon could say.

 

''Taec....'' The man swallowed hard. ''Miss... Miss Im....''

 

''Excuse me... I'm leaving....'' Yoona turned her back away and started walking before breaking into a run. 

 

''You know her?'' Taecyeon was surprised. How on earth would his father know about Yoona? ''Wait for me!! Babe!!'' Taecyeon started chasing after her.

 

 

Yoona didn't know what to do. She just don't want to believe whatever that is happening to her right now. This can't be. It can't be. All she know is that everything that is happening now is all fake. It's not real. She just kept on running, not looking where she is going. Tears filled her eyes.

 

 

''BANG!!!''

 

''YOONA!!!''

 

The Strawberry smoothie was dropped onto the ground.

 

The time stopped. Taecyeon was mortified as he saw Yoona being knocked down by the oncoming vehicle as she dashed out to the road.

 

----

"Oppa, you will be fine. Nothing will happen to you! Ans....answer me!!"

 

"Yoo...Yoona ah... I... I don't think I'm going to make it.."

 

''Ann...Anniyo! I need you! You know I need you to take care of me! I'll hurt myself without you around!'

 

"Anniyo... You're a strong girl... Take care of yourself.... My baby girl... Sa....Saranghaeyo..." GD touches Yoona's face for the last time and closes his eyes forever.

 

"KWON JIYONG!!! YOU AREN'T LEAVING ME!!!" Yoona hugged her boyfriend tightly as GD laid there motionlessly. She tried hitting him with all her might, tears rolling down repeatedly. Her world stopped there...

 

 

GD and Yoona were out on a date like any other days. GD had decided that today will be the best day to ask for Yoona's hand. They had been together for almost three years already. And he had saved enough for a simple wedding. He looked at the ring and smiled, imagining the ring on Yoona's finger.

 

 

''Baby!'' Yoona shouted, causing GD to quickly close the velvet box and hide it in his pocket.

 

''Yah! Why are you always late?'' He pretended to pout.

 

''Awww. Mianhae~ But didn't you know being late is the privillege for girls?'' She stucked out her tongue at him and linked arms with him.

 

''Aishh~ Whatever~'' GD smirked. ''Where do you wanna go today? The beach?''

 

''Ahhh. We really DO have telepathy! BUT, before that, I want a.....''

 

''A strawberry smoothie? Gosh. Stop drinking so much sweet stuffs. I don't want a fat girlfriend.'' GD chuckled.

 

''Yah! You say that again?!!'' Yoona twisted his ear playfully.

 

''Ahhh! Araso araso! Mianhae!'' GD groaned in pain as Yoona let go of his ear and laughed loudly. ''Yah. Chinjia. You seriously need to learn to be more gentle and lady-like! Wait for me here. I will be right back my wife~'' GD smirked.

 

''Yah! Who is your wife!'' Yoona blushes. Even though she was angry, she is actually bubbling with happines inside.

 

''Ha. You look so cute whenever you are blushing. Who else besides you can be my destined one? We are like already stucked together for three years. I don't mind getting stucked forever. Wait for me here first alrights. I will be right back in a minute.'' GD smiled at her as he pinched her nose lightly.

 

''Neh!'' Yoona smiled and waved to him.

 

 

Yoona watched intently and smiled to herself as she watched GD on the other side of the road buying strawberry smoothie for her. That guy will be her one and only. No doubts about that. Just as she was dreaming, GD had bought the smoothie already and was on his way back to Yoona. Yoona smiled and waved at him happily. He waved back to her as well as he looked out for the traffic and started crossing the road. Then, everything changes. In a second. Yoona's smile to complete shock. GD's smile to complete agony. As GD crosses the road, there is a oncoming vehicle driving at high speed towards him. Before he could react, he was hit by the car. And he flew a few metres away, lying there with a pool of blood.

 

 

"Oppa, you will be fine. Nothing will happen to you! Ans....answer me!!" It took Yoona awhile before relisation hits her. She ran towards GD.

 

"Yoo...Yoona ah... I... I don't think I'm going to make it.."

 

''Ann...Anniyo! I need you! You know I need you to take care of me! I'll hurt myself without you around!'

 

"Anniyo... You're a strong girl... Take care of yourself.... My baby girl... Sa....Saranghaeyo..." GD touches Yoona's face for the last time and closes his eyes forever.

 

"KWON JIYONG!!! YOU AREN'T LEAVING ME!!!" Yoona hugged her boyfriend tightly as GD laid there motionlessly. She tried hitting him with all her might, tears rolling down repeatedly. Her world stopped there...

 

 

Soon, the ambulance came and brought them to the hospital. Inside the ambulance, the paramedics do all they can to try to keep GD's heart pumping. Yoona's face was full of tears. Finally, GD's heartbeat returned and Yoona's heart calmed down a little.

 

 

''Baby..Don't worry. We are going to reach the hospital soon. Don't worry.'' She tried to smile but failed. She is just simply choked by tears.

 

''Crybaby... Stop crying now...Your face is not...not pretty anymore....'' GD took out his oxygen mask and smiled weakly at Yoona as he touches her face to wipe away the tears.

 

''Pabo... Why...Why do you take out the mask! Put it back on!'' Yoona wanted to put the mask back on for him.

 

''Ann...Anniyo...Let me finish what I want to say... Yoo...Yoona... You're the... the most special girl I had ever seen...And... And I'm really blessed to have you as my valentine... Although we always argue...But..But I just want to let you know....know that you're the girl that I had loved most...And...And I want to spend the rest of my life with you....'' GD panted, swallowing hard as he tried to complete his sentence.

 

''I know. I understand. I love you too. Please put on the mask back now... I beg you...'' Yoona's tears continue to flow down uncontrollably.

 

''Anniyo...Last...Last sentence...'' GD coughed hard.  He stretches his hand into his pocket and fished out a velvet box forcefully and held it in front of Yoona. ''This...This...This is the gift I prepared for you... I...I wanted to propose to you today.. But...But I guess I couldn't already... But still, I want you to keep this ring... Our engagement ring....I will put it on for you someday.... I....Promise....I love y.....'' GD's eyes closes before he could finish the sentence. His heart stopped.

 

''Bab... Baby? Baby! BABY! WAKE UP!!! WAKE UP!!! KWON JI YONG!!!'' Yoona shouted at the top of her voice as she shook him up, trying a fail attempt to wake him up. She was pulled apart forcefully by the paramedics who tried to once again rescue GD.

 

''I...I'm sorry... We had done our best....You guys can go and see him now....'' The doctor came out of the surgery room, bringing nothing but this devastating news. By then, everyone had arrived there. The girls immediately cried in their boyfriends' chests over this news. Only Yoona stood there motionlessly. No. GD is not dead. He can't be dead. She ran into the surgery room. Taeyang and TOP immediately followed her in.

 

 

''Baby. Stop joking. This isn't funny. Wake up now before I whack you. I promise to be gentler to you if you wake up now. Come on. Cut the joke out. '' Yoona let out a fake laugh and shook GD's cold, motionless body.

 

''Yoona ah... Don't be like this...'' TOP touches her shoulder.

 

''Anniyo! He is just joking with me! He wouldn't leave me just like that!'' Yoona shrugged away TOP's hand and began to hit GD's chest hard. ''WAKE UP KWON JI YONG! YOU HAVEN'T PUT ON THE RING FOR ME! YOU HAVEN'T PROPOSE TO ME! WAKE UP! YOU CAN'T JUST SLEEP LIKE THAT! WHERE IS ALL YOUR PROMISES TO ME?!!'' Tears flowed down for every blow she incurred on GD.

 

''Yoona! Yoona! Stop! Don't be like this!'' Both TOP and Taeyang tried to pull her away from GD, but Yoona refused to budge.

 

''Oppa! Please! Please tell me this isn't true!! Tell me he is just sleeping!!! OPPA!!'' Yoona crashed into Taeyang's chest.

 

''Yoona...It's the truth...You have to accept it... Ji Yong had left us... Don't make things difficult for him.. You want him to leave peacefully right...'' Taeyang sighed and hugged Yoona tightly, rubbing her back. He was overwhelmed by sadness.

 

''Anniyo!!! HE IS NOT DEAD! HE WANTED TO PROPOSE TO ME!! NO!! I... '' Yoona's sentence was cut off. She fainted.

 

''Yoona!! Yoona!!! Yoona wake up!!!'' Everyone shouted in panic.

 

----

 

''Yoona!! Yoona!!! Yoona wake up!!!'' Everyone shouted in panic.

 

 

Yoona was immediately admitted into the hospital after she was being hit by the vehicle. Everyone was informed and all rushed down to the hospital. She had only inflicted by some slight injuries. Nothing serious. Luckily. Everyone crowded around her hospital bed, waiting for her to wake up.

 

 

''Whe...Where am I....'' Yoona finally opened her eyes after hearing people shouting her name....

 

''Gosh! Yoona you are finally awake!! You had been like unconcious for like 3 hours!!'' Yuri break into tears as she hug Yoona tightly.

 

''Ahh.. Yul... You are hugging me too tightly. I can't breathe....'' Yoona smiled weakly.

 

''Opps! Mianhae!'' Yuri break away from the hug. ''Pabo! Why do you dashed out the road just like that!? It could have kill you!'' Yuri shouted. 

 

'Right... I was being hit by a car just now... That's why I'm lying here... Wait... Whatever that I had heard just now... It...It isn't true right...' Yoona thought hard.

 

''Yah! Yoona! Yah!'' Yuri shouted at her, bringing back to her senses.

 

''Eh?'' She replied weakly.

 

''Gosh. I better ask the doctor to come and check on her. She isn't normal.'' Yuri spoke up worriedly, stood up and went out of the ward with Tiffany.

 


----

 

Everyone waited outside of the ward as the doctor checked on Yoona.

 

 

''Er... I will go and take a breather...'' Taecyeon stood up, walking away. His mind is full of questions now and he needed some time alone to clear out his thoughts.

 

''Taec!!'' Jay called out but Taecyeon just waved his hand and walked off, towards the garden.

 

''Let him be... I guess this must be hard for Taec Oppa.. Watching his beloved met in a car accident but he could do nothing. Why must things always be so hard for Yoong...'' Jessica sighed as she held Jay's hand.

 

''I'll be back in a few...'' Taeyang suddenly stood up, walking to where Taecyeon had gone to.

 

''Yah! Baby!'' Yuri shouted but Taeyang just continue to walk on. ''Aishh~ What is wrong with him seriously.''

 

 

Soon. Taeyang spotted Taecyeon sitting on the garden bench, burying his face in his hands. He looked vexed.

 

 

''Having lots of questions in your mind now?'' Taeyang took a seat beside him.

 

''Eh? Oh. Hyung... Yeah... How do you know...'' Taecyeon looked up, surprised to see Taeyang.

 

''You are Daniel Ok's son, Ian Ok. Right?'' Taeyang looked at Taecyeon.

 

''How..How do you know my english name is Ian?!'' Taecyeon was shocked.

 

---

 

''Where...Where am I...'' Yoona's voice croaked as she opened her eyes tiredly. 

 

''Ahh..Yoong! You just now fainted... You got us all so worried...'' Yuri said, taking her hands.

 

''Oh... Where's Ji Yong baby?'' Yoona looked around for GD.

 

''Yoona ah....'' Tiffany was lost for words.

 

''Oh right. I forgot. He is dead. Why do you all even bother saving me seriously? Just let me die! Let me be with him!'' Yoona gets agitated again.

 

''Yoong! Please catch a hold of yourself! Don't do this to yourself!!'' Yuri started crying again.

 

 

It took a while before Yoona calmed down again. She was a really stubborn girl but she knows she shouldn't hurt Yuri and the other girls. They don't deserve it.

 

 

''Ok...Bring me to the driver. The one that killed him....I want to see him...'' Yoona spoke monotonelessly.

 

''Yoona ah...'' Taeyeong tried to stop her.

 

''I say. Bring me to see him. He got caught already rights?'' She was adamant.

 

''Araso araso. He is outside. He wants to see you as well.'' TOP walked towards the door and opened the door, allowing the guy to be brought in by the police. 

 

''Mianhae Miss Im....'' Was all he could say.

 

''Can you bring my boyfriend back to life? Do you know that he is going to propose to me today? Do you know that I'm going to be his Fiancée after today? I am going to be the most blissful girl in the world. The most important girl in his world...'' Yoona trailed off as she stared at the driver coldly.

 

''I'm really sorry... It's just...I couldnt' break in time...'' The driver's face was in pain. He was really guilty.

 

''Then bring him back to me! YOU RUIN MY LIFE!! YOU KILLED HIM!! BRING HIM BACK TO ME!!'' Yoona broke into a fresh round of tears as she kept on hitting the driver.

 

''Please go now! She isn't stable right now. Just go!'' TOP pulled Yoona apart from the driver and held her tightly as she struggled in his arms.

 

''Mianhae....'' The driver bowed at Yoona for the last time before he was taken away by the police.

 

 

After two weeks, GD's car accident was being put on trial and the verdict was passed. 

 

 

''Daniel Ok, was guilty of drink-driving, resulting in the death of Kwon Ji Yong along the street of Seoul Park on 26th April 2009 at 2PM. But given that he had plead guilty and turned himself in, the court had decided to lighten his sentence from 2 years sentence to 1 year sentence. This verdict is to be fulfilled immediately.'' The judge announced.

 

---

 

''He was then put in jail. I remembered him looking at Yoona with the guilty look even if he was being brought in. But Yoona practically just stared at him with hatred in her eyes and nothing else. I could never forget that scene.'' Taeyang ended his story.

 

''Wait...So...So you mean.. my... my dad... is a murderer? He...He killed GD?'' Taecyeon couldn't believe what Taeyang had just told him.

 

''Apparently yes.... But I wouldn't really say he is a murderer. It is just an accident.. No one wants it to happen... So, don't blame him.'' 

 

''Great. My dad killed my girlfriend's beloved Ex-Boyfriend. Such a nice discovering.'' Taecyeon replied sarcastically.

 

''Come on Taec, really. I don't blame you. No one blames you.''

 

''That's because they didn't know my English name was Ian. Wait, how do you know my name was Ian?'' Taecyeon was curious.

 

''Oh...Because... Mianhae... I checked on you... And I just found out like..like a week ago.'' Taeyang sighed.

 

---

 

It was late in the night but Taeyang still can't fall asleep. He kept on tossing in his bed and hence he decided to use his laptop to kill time.

 

 

''Hmmm.. Let's see what can we do...'' Taeyang was surfing on the internet.  ''Oh right... It has been a year since Ji Yong's incident... I wonder how is that guy doing... Maybe I can find some facts about him...'' Taeyang started typing the driver's name that killed GD.

 

''Let's see...'' A list of results came out and he clicked on a link, showing the profile of Daniel Ok.

 

 

He was jailed for 1 year due to drunk-driving. He used to stay in America with his wife and son before leaving them for a rich business woman in Korea. But after he was being jailed, his so called mistress had cut off all ties with him, fearing that this would affect her business. Hence, he was left with nothing.

 

 

''Wow... Abandon your wife and son because of wealth and fame? Looks like you aren't a good guy afterall. Hmmm. Maybe I can find out how his wife and child looks like...'' Taeyang mumbled to himself as his curiousity grew. He then click on another link to view his past family life. And was met with a picture. He was shocked.

 

''Wow... This can't be... No way.....You must be kidding me...'' Taeyang was taken aback. He had seen that photo before. And he knows exactly where he had seen it. It belongs to Taecyeon. The kid that was in the photo is Taecyeon. But Taecyeon's photo was being ripped off. He had ripped off his father's face, showing only his and his mum. This is why he had never knew Daniel Ok is his dad. He recalled. He had asked Taecyeon before about the ripped of photo, but Taecyeon just shrugged, saying that his dad is a bastard that had left his mum and him, causing his mum to die of grief. Now everything seems to make sense to him as Taeyang thought. 

 

----

 

''Then...Then why didn't you tell Yoona about this... I mean....'' Taecyeon trailed off.

 

''You mean because GD is my best friend, so I have to reveal the truth to Yoona that her current boyfriend was the son of the person she hated most? And ask her to break up with you immediately, without caring about how she will feel?'' Taeyang chuckled.

 

''Yeahs....Sorry about that...'' 

 

''Nahs. Actually, when I first know about your relationship, the first thought that come to my mind was this. To break you guys apart before Yoona gets heartbroken. Then I think again. This isn't right. I can tell that Yoona really loves you. And it seems like you are the only one that is able to help her walk out of Ji Yong's shadow. I had promised Ji Yong that I would take good care of Yoona. So, she is my first priority. I treat her like a sister of mine. So, I doted her. And her happiness is important to me. Since you are able to give her that, I don't see why should I wrecked her when her heart is opening slowly.'' Taeyang took a breath. ''And besides, I bet you didn't know about your dad's incident given how much you hated him. Plus, it's your dad who ran down Ji Yong. Not you.''

 

''But still, GD is killed... And is my father who did that....''

 

''It doesn't matter anymore. It's the past. And I'm pretty sure that Ji Yong would agree with me. So, I wanted to bring this secret down to my grave. But looks like I was wrong...'' Taeyang sighed.

 

''Hyung... Promise me something?'' Taecyeon spoke up after awhile.

 

''Yeah?''

 

''Don't reveal this news to anyone first... Give me some time to clear my head....'' Taecyeon pleaded.

 

''I was planning to do that even if you didn't tell me. But, now that Yoona had know, I don't see how you are going to hide it for long...''

 

''Don't worry.. I guess I will have my plan....'' Taecyeon sighed as his brows creased together. 

 

''Don't do anything stupid alrights. If you dared to break her heart, I will kill you. No doubts about that.'' Taeyang warned him.