Sixteen.

Story Ideas. :)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since I know some people don't want to read ( I understand because sometimes I don't. ; ) and just want the plot, plots will be added at the bottom, or well what I had in mind for the story. :)

 

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————

 

I've somehow gotten myself entangled into a strange, very strange situation. Seriously, if I had known what kind of situation I'd be getting into, I don't think I would have gotten into it, like at all. Truth be told, there are some good parts to this situation I'm in but somehow, somewhere along the road, things just got twisted and became something I never imagined. It's too much to handle, especially when I just transferred as a second year student, not only that, living in Seoul all together. I'd been living in the States, Florida to be exact when well things changed and so I moved to Korea, the motherland. You ask what this situation is? Well let's just say I became 'the other woman', technically though, I became 'the woman'.

I've just transferred to Seoul High, a third of the way in. This is my first time in Seoul High, in Seoul, in South Korea and everything was just a bit new. I look down at my schedule to the walls that had the room numbers plastered on them, 2B is where I'm trying to get to. I look around and just figure my way through the hallways of Seoul High, taking note of things here and there, people here and there. I can tell quite a few eyes are on me, not a lot since everyone seems to be doing their own thing but enough people to be too much. I ignore them and focus on getting to class 2B. Actually that was the only room my schedule had, 2B, it's different from what I'm used to. Back in Florida, we had a different classroom for different classes but it seems here in Korea, we have one classroom and the thing that changes are the teachers, they come in and out depending on their subject. So here, we stay in one class, with the exact same classmates, in which the teachers are the ones who come in and out for the rest of the year. It is really different from what I'm used to but well, this is something I better get use to, I'm actually curious on how it will turn out, this system and all. Ah! There is class 2B. I look behind me and in front of me to remember how I got here, I then take a peek inside and well...I don't know...it's different. I walk inside, hoping no one would notice but who am I kidding? The new student is always noticed, especially when the students in the class are the same classmates you have for the rest of the year, that and I believe transfers aren't the norm. I can feel the burning all over my body and I know nothing can be done about it. I look around for an empty seat, not trying to stir up any trouble but it was hard since not everyone was in class yet. I debate on standing and just wait till the teacher gets in, when all the students sit down or just taking an empty seat. I don't know what to do so I decide on asking the girl closest to me. I walk over to her, who was chatting with the girls around her.

"Umm, do you know which seats here are empty?" I ask in English.

"What? Sorry...I no...no." She says waving her hands in the air.

"Seat. Desk. Empty? I can sit?" I try again in English.

"Sorry." She shakes her head.

I sigh as I scoot back. I can hear her snickering with her friends and well concluded, that is so not nice. I also wonder why I didn't ask in Korean. I was about to go back and ask her in Korean but then I hear her converse with her friends, in Korean, loud enough for me to hear,

"She's so strange."

"Does she even know Korean? If not why is she here?"

"This is going to be fun."

I am appalled, greatly, I didn't think this sort of treatment still goes on. They barely know me and they're already talking behind my back? So not nice. I was about to snap back but the teacher walks in. Thank God because it would have gotten ugly fast.

"Seats everyone." Mrs. Park says.

Everyone takes their seat and hushes. I was still standing near the front, near her desk.

"I said for everyone to sit." Mrs. Park says looking at me.

"I'm the new student." I say in English.

I have no idea why I was holding back my Korean. Guess I'm not used to it yet, using it daily and whatever.

"...well then. Everyone we have a new student. Please introduce yourself." Mrs. Park says in korean.

"Hello. I'm Kwon Jiyoung. I've just moved here from Florida and well, please take care of me." I introduce myself to the class, in English.

"Just take an empty seat." Mrs. Park says.

I look around and spot a few empty desks. I decide on the one in the front row and take a seat.

"Okay. Let's get to work everyone." Mrs. Park says.

I'm quite surprised she didn't address me since I had only spoken English this entire time, it was as if she didn't care. She didn't ask if I understood, to ask if I needed help, she didn't even try. I mean I understand Korean completely so I didn't need all that but I'm surprised, what if I hadn't known Korean? I would have been sitting here like a lost duck. I open the book as she says and we go through a few lessons. It is confusing at the beginning but eventually I got the gist of it and just went along. Classes went on and eventually it was lunch. I look around and the other students were taking boxes out of their bags. I then figure that everyone had to bring their own lunch, there was no cafeteria, no lunch ladies serving us our food, we had to bring our own. I had no idea so I didn't pack a lunch, so what do I do now? I'm hungry with no food. I look in my bag hoping, praying there was something, anything inside. I checked all the pockets and nothing, nothing at all. I'm going to die of starvation. I lay my head on my desk in despair.

"Excuse me...hey..." I hear a girl's voice say in English.

I lift up my head and see the girl next to me looking at me.

"Ah...lunch?" She says handing forward a box.

I look at her wondering if she meant what I thought she meant.

"You hungry? You can have a portion of mine." She says in English.

I was amazed, she spoke great English, but I guess it shouldn't be too surprising since English was making it's way through everywhere.

"Can I?" I ask.

"Yes, here." She says handing me the box.

"Thank you, thank you so much..." I say not knowing her name.

"Jiyeon. Park Jiyeon. And no problem." She smiles.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter