Nine

Dancing In The Moonlight

 

They didn’t fall asleep, but stayed there with eyes closed and holding each other for hours that followed. The sun already went down. A lot of time had passed but they didn’t felt the need of getting out of there for food, water or other things. KyungSoo was getting better because of the medicine, he was not 100% fine, as he was still sick, but was not hallucinating anymore, and didn’t quite remember what happened before to lead him be in that position. He decided not to protest or made a move, because he liked how the warmth of JongIn’s body felt on his and wanted to be in his arms for some more moments.

 

It felt good in a way he didn’t know how to explain. He felt protected, happy, and comfortable, all at the same time. It felt like home to him. Is it possible that home is not a place but a person? JongIn, on the other hand, could be said that was felting the incredible same way. And is it possible to find home together? In each other’s arms? Maybe this is the greatest thing someone can experience.

 

JongIn was the first one to move, thinking that KyungSoo was asleep, he released one of his hands from the embrace but was still holding him with the other. He took of the hair that was on his forehead, passing one of his fingers on the other’s soft skin, in a way that seemed like he was drawing KyungSoo’s figure. The latter couldn’t help but smile with the taller gestures, getting JongIn in surprise, stopping what he was doing immediately.

 

“You don’t need to stop you know… it is relaxing.” KyungSoo said with his eyes still closed. JongIn smiled and got back to touching KyungSoo’s face softly and calmly. He then moved down on the bed to be face to face with KyungSoo, that complained a bit when he got out from the embrace, but soon they were hugging again. JongIn got near him and instead of continuing touching the other’s face with his hand, another idea came to his mind. He got closer and connected their faces. His cheeks, nose and his lips were doing the job the fingers were moments later, but didn’t dare to get closer to KyungSoo’s lips.

 

KyungSoo felt his heart racing like crazy, his breath was getting heavier. ‘Why is he doing this? Is he trying just to relax me? But the result is the opposite.’ He opened his eyes to watch JongIn. He was holding the other’s shirt with straight. When JongIn noticed the smaller finally opening his eyes, he blushed and could not continue with what he was doing. He froze. It was so much easier to act brave when the boy wasn’t looking straight at him.

 

The phone rang just in time, and JongIn left the bed in a rush. It was an awkward situation for both of them. They never been so close to anyone in their life and never have done this things that felt so right when they were doing together. JongIn was already sure about his feelings for KyungSoo, but KyungSoo still didn’t understand what he was feeling about JongIn, neither Kai. Thinking about Kai, KyungSoo turned in bed to get his phone.

 

He noticed it wasn’t tuning on, so he was putting it to recharge when JongIn got back to the room. “Hm, it is your mother.” He said and led the phone to the boy. “I will warm up the soup I made for you.” JongIn added before leaving the room and closing the door. “Annyeong omma.”

 

“My baby, how are you feeling now?”

 

“I’m feeling better omma, a little tired and also a little nauseous but nothing much.”

 

“This is good news. You almost gave the poor JongIn a heart attack. He was so worried about you. I thought he was going to cry.”

 

“W-What? He c-called y-you?”

 

“Ani, I called in the morning to talk to you, but you fainted, so I talked to him.”

 

“W-what did he said to you?”

 

“He asked for help. He is taking good care of you right?”

 

“Yes. The things I can remember, he stayed by my side all day, he is warming up the soup for me now.”

 

“Hum” JiHyo said and started laughing.

 

“Why are you laughing?”       

 

“No reason. I have to go and put your sister in bed now. We are getting back there tomorrow night. Let JongIn sleep in our home even with the typhoon away. You are still sick so it is better for him to be there in case of something happen. Take care of him too Kyung-ah, he likes you too much.”

 

And again, JiHyo hang up the phone without letting the other to respond, it was maybe a habit of her or maybe she didn’t hear him protesting because of the words she just said. KyungSoo smiled and put the telephone aside, taking his cell phone instead. He turned it on and checked the messages: it was empty. ‘Maybe it is because it was off, the message couldn’t arrive. There was a storm too, that could have interfered.’ he said and thought about the possibilities of not receiving anything from Kai. ‘Or maybe, I didn’t send him any and he presumed I was avoiding him or something. What if he is mad at me?’

 

-

 

To: Kai

Hey, sorry for not sending you any messages. My phone was off and the typhoon didn’t help.

 

-

 

As he was heating the soup, JongIn felt his phone vibrating on his back pocket. He checked it. A message from KyungSoo just arrived. He read it and looked to the room direction. It was the first time he felt bad about not telling the boy that he was in fact the same person as Kai. At first he didn’t said it to be a lie, he was just trying to know KyungSoo better, as he didn’t have the courage to do so in person. But destiny came and made it for himself. And he didn’t find the opportunity to explain Kai and JongIn was the same person. At this time he felt like the moment for him to tell had passed. If he tells now, KyungSoo would be really mad at him.

 

Somehow, even feeling bad about this matter, JongIn felt something strange. He felt sad and envy. It looked like a joke, but he was envy of himself. He was envy of Kai. KyungSoo even tired and sick made an effort to send Kai a message. And all this with JongIn there, making soup to help him to feel better. ‘How can this be? He likes Kai better than JongIn? That doesn’t make sense at all. How can I feel envy? I’m both of them.’ He thought and laugh to himself getting back to the cooking. ‘What if he does in fact prefers Kai over Jongin? That means he likes one side of my personality more than the other?’

 

JongIn shook his head in disapproval. ‘Ani. It can’t be. Why am I thinking about this? But… I can’t keep that from him for too long. We are close. He will notice someday. I think I should tell him. Even if he is mad at me, he will forgive me. Won’t he? What do I do?’ The soup was already boiling and making a mess on the stove. ‘’ he thought out loud and took off the food from the heat. He cleaned it again and put it on a plate. Before leading it to the room he stopped again to think. He was impressed of the amount of thinking for the day. ‘I have got another idea to end this thing about Kai. It might be not the right thing to do, however it can work. But, I’ll just put the plan in act later’.

 

-

 

From: Kai

That’s okay. Everything have been a mess with the typhoon anyways. But how are you? You didn’t miss me right? Or did you? Let me guess, you were so sad and missed me so much that you even thought about going on the rain to find me.

 

-

 

KyungSoo smiled when saw his phone ringing from the answer. Reading it made him laugh. Kai had this power of being total silly to make a smile appear on his face, and he always achieved this goal. JongIn entered the room to find the other smiling. He felt bad again, but remembered the plan and smiled again.

 

“Why are you smiling? Are you this happy to see I brought food?” KyungSoo looked up to find JongIn’s eyes. Seeing the other smile too made him blush, looking away. JongIn got closer and sat beside him. “I made my best, so I think it is good.” KyungSoo nodded and took the plate from his hands. He ate all the food, he complimented and thanked JongIn. The silence and the awkwardness hit the room again.

 

“I think I’ll go take a shower now. I already smell.” KyungSoo got up from bed and walking to the bathroom direction he lost his balance. JongIn rushed and took him on his arms, both of their hearts accelerated with the skin ship. “I-I’m ok. Don’t worry.” KyungSoo said and started walking again. JongIn wanted to say that not worrying about the boy wasn’t an option, but stayed quiet. KyungSoo entered the bathroom and closed the door.

 

JongIn sat down next, landing his head on the door. After a few minutes the water was still not on, making he worry again. “KyungSoo, are you okay there?” receiving no answer. “KyungSoo-ah, are you okay?” he repeated louder.  “N-Ne.” KyungSoo replied with his voice cracking. “What’s wrong?” JongIn asked again. “I can’t…”

 

“You can’t what?”

 

“I can’t… I can’t  take my clothes off… I mean…. M-my hands are shaking…. I can’t open the buttons.” KyungSoo said in embarrassment. JongIn blushed. “I-I c-can h-help you.” He said and got mad at himself for sounding so wrong. “Open the door, I’ll help you.”  He said firmly this time. He heard the door unlocking, and took a breath before entering the place.

 

Getting in the bathroom he found a KyungSoo with half of his shirt open sitting next to the bathtub. He was with red cheeks and avoiding looking at him. JongIn’s heart was racing so much that he thought if he was older, he would definitely have a heart attack. JongIn looked to his hands and saw they were shaking too. He tried to calm himself, getting near the boy. He opened button by button calmly. When he finished with the shirt he turned to get out.

 

“JongIn.” KyungSoo said. “W-What?” The boy responded looking back. “M-My p-pants…” Why was it being so hard for them? They were both guys. It had to be a fine situation. JongIn had an excuse. But what about KyungSoo? Why was he feeling this awkward?

 

JongIn got back and opened the boy’s pants. He avoided his best not to look to KyungSoo’s body, and was about to leave again when the boy took his hands. He waited for him to say something but he didn’t say a word. “What is it?” And KyungSoo didn’t said a word and just looked to the floor. JongIn was getting good at discovering what the smaller wanted to say. “Are you afraid again? I can… I can stay. I won’t look. I promise.”  That words made KyungSoo smile. How could this boy that he started talking a few days ago knew him like this?

 

“Thank you JongIn-ah. Thank you so much for being you. Just you.”          

 

 

 

---

A/N

So I'm back again! Sooner than I thought. How do you like this chapter? KyungSoo will kill JongIn with all this. imagine how he was feeling when KyungSoo asked him to open his pants? kekekeke I'm so mean! JongIn is envy of himself! Pabo! LOL Hope you liked it! thank you lways for all the support and love my dear subscribers!