Sixteen

Dancing In The Moonlight

 

“Take your hands off him.” KyungSoo shouted and jumped on their direction, trying to take his father away from JongIn, getting in the middle of them. “You can do whatever you want with me. But don’t you put a single finger on him again.” he shouted another time, pushing him the man. “What was that you were doing Do KyungSoo? What have this boy turned you into? A ing ?” the father asked with anger showing in his voice, face and eyes. He turned red of displeasing, clenching his fists.

 

“He didn’t turn me into anything. If I did that, it was because I wanted. He has nothing to do with my choices. And why did you come here? Why are you here in his house?” KyungSoo said holding an impatient JongIn behind him, trying to protect the other with his body. “Your lovely mother asked me to come here because someone called from the university asking you to arrive there a day sooner, what means today. But you weren’t answering your phone. And now I know why. You were so busy doing that thing. Your mother was taking care of EunJi, who has a fever, so I have to come. I arrived at the perfect time to see that. Just for you to see how unlucky I am.”

 

He said the last sentence ironically and took KyungSoo by his arm, and started walking downstairs. “Where are you taking him?” JongIn asked following them. The man stopped to look at him in the eyes and laughed. “You little piece of . You don’t have the right to give me a word.” He said and pointed a finger to the boy’s face. KyungSoo held his father’s arms back down.

 

“Don’t talk with him like that. Don’t call him that. Your problem is with me, not with him.” He said calling for his father attention, making him face him and leave JongIn. “And you are protecting him because? Please, don’t tell me he is your little boyfriend.” He asked rhetorically, he wasn’t expecting that his son was going to answer, not even on the way he did. “Yes, he is.”

 

KyungSoo didn’t really want to confront his father right now. But it was the only way he could turn his attention only for him, and not to do anything with JongIn anymore. He answered that and the man slapped him on the face. JongIn stepped forward and KyungSoo stopped him. “JongIn, get in your house now.” KyungSoo said but the dancer didn’t even think of making a movement. “JongIn, please, get in your house… now!” he tried once more, starting to cry. “He won’t do anything to me. Please, leave. You are making it worse.”

 

Seeing the despair on the other’s face, JongIn thought the best thing he could do right now was doing as he asked, and leaving them alone. He didn’t want to, and his heart was hurting, afraid something bad would happen even if KyungSoo said not, turning away and getting in his house, sitting next to the door and listening to the conversation. If he perhaps heard something bad, he would come out and help his boyfriend.

 

“You are not my son anymore. I don’t know what thing you are now. I don’t want to hear your voice anymore; I don’t want to listen to any word you have to say to me. I don’t want to look on your face ever again. You asked me to trust you. You said you would only make me proud and never disappoint me. But you lied. You broke all your words. You were lying to me and doing this behind my back. You make me ashamed of you. You dishonored your family, the only people who love you. And you can forget about all those stupid dreams, you are not going to Art School; it was the worst idea I ever had. Don’t try to say anything. If you want to talk to me, only talk about business; don’t waste your time with other matter. Listen, if I were you, I would be doing everything I said. If you cross the line again, you don’t know what I’m capable of doing with you and that guy. What I’m doing here is nothing. I will make your life a truly hell. ”

 

He said firmly, without even blinking. KyungSoo just nodded, that was all he could do right now. He wasn’t afraid of the things his father could do to himself, he was used to it, but after seeing him hitting JongIn today, he was afraid of the things he could do with the boy, so he needed to agree and do whatever his father said. KyungSoo cried all the way to his house; he tried not to, but it was something stronger than him. Thinking of earlier, it was all too good to be true. “Get out!” the father said opening the door of the car and pulling him out by his arm.

 

When they entered home, JiHyo came running to the front door because of the noise. “What happened?” She asked after seeing the anger look of her husband and her son’s crying eyes. “Why don’t you ask YOUR son?” he said throwing KyungSoo on the floor and going to his room.

 

KyungSoo stayed on the floor crying. He didn’t have strength to get up. JiHyo came near him, getting on her knees by his side and taking him on a hug. KyungSoo hugged his mother and cried more. “Shh... calm down.” She said and felt tears on her eyes too. “H-He punched JongIn... He punched JongIn.” he said and she understood what have happened, keeping saying words for him to calm.

 

She helped KyungSoo to get up from the floor and leaded him to his room, lying him on bed and sitting by his side. “Everything will be fine.” She tried to convince, taking his hair away from his eyes. He shook his head. “It’s not going to be fine. I’m not going to college with him. And what if he needs me? He is leaving tomorrow and I don’t have a way of saying goodbye to him. I could not take my phone that I forgot on his house. Mom, what if he gives up on his dream because of me? He can’t do that.”

 

With that, JiHyo understood that her son really loved JongIn. From when he got home, until this time, he only talked about the boy, about what his father has done to JongIn, of what he might be thinking and the things that could happen with JongIn after the fight today. He didn’t even once, even for a second think about himself; about the things his father said and did to him too. He was more concerned about the other, and she knew JongIn was feeling the same way. KyungSoo loved and was loved.

 

“He won’t. I’ll call him and make sure he will go to college tomorrow. After you father sleep I can also give you my phone so you can call him. Okay? Why don’t you sleep for a bit now? I’ll wake up later. And you can cry everything you have inside here.” She said and gave KyungSoo a kiss on his forehead before leaving the room and closing the door behind her. KyungSoo tried to stop crying and get some sleep, but things got worse when he heard his mother and father shouting and arguing with each other.

 

He put his headphone on and turned the volume up, finally getting some sleep, waking up hour later with a knock on his door. He looked to the clock on his side. It was 1AM. KyungSoo turned to the door again and watched his mother coming in the room again. She got near the bed giving the boy her phone. “You shouldn’t have fought with father because of me, mom.” KyungSoo said, getting the phone from her hands.

 

“Yes, I should and I did. It is not because you are my son, but because he is tremendously wrong. What he did wasn’t right, and I don’t agree in any way with him.” She said and soon continued, “I talked with JongIn. He is going to college, don’t worry. His number is on my recent calls; I took out his name, and after you use it, please erase all the recent calls. Because of your father.” leaving him alone again.

 

KyungSoo sat up on bed and cleared his throat to call JongIn. He pressed the number and waited, getting nervous and afraid that the other might be already sleeping. “Hello?” he heard a voice from the other side of the line. “JongIn?” KyungSoo said and got up from his bed and going to the bathroom because of the noises he could make and wake up his father. “Yes. Baby, I was waiting for your call.” The boy said. Just hearing his voice made him want to start crying again, but he held himself.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry for what my father did to you.” He said, walking from side to side on the bathroom, trying to distract himself and hiding his tears. “KyungSoo, you don’t have to feel sorry. You don’t have to ask me to forgive you. You have done nothing to me. I’m fine. What your father did to me is nothing compared with all the things he had said to you.”

 

“I can handle it. I can handle everything he has to say and do with me. But I can’t watch him doing bad things with you. I can’t and I won’t handle that.”

 

“He will not do anything to me. I know he won’t. You really don’t have to worry that much. And even if he does something, and I doubt it, I can take care of myself. I’m a big and strong boy. I’m just concerned with you.”

 

“I’ll be fine as long as you never leave me.”

 

“I won’t leave you. Never in my life. I wanted to keep speaking with you on the phone but...”

 

“You have to hung up don’t you?”

 

“Yes, but...”

 

“It’s ok, I understand, you must be tired.”

 

“KyungSoo. Let me talk.”

 

“Hum?”

 

“Can you open your window for me to get in, please?” JongIn said and KyungSoo smiled, hanging up the phone and running back to his room. Before opening the window he made sure his door was locked and went to help JongIn to get in. “Did you think I was going to leave tomorrow without giving you a kiss?” He said as he got in the room. “How?... When?” It was all KyungSoo was able to say. He didn’t expected that his boyfriend would do this for him. “You see that tree there? Well, I’m very impressed with my climbing skills. And since your mother told me I could come and wait to get in when you called me. Cause you know it would be weird if you woke up with me staring at you.” He said.

 

“As if it wasn’t weird enough for you to appear at my window. But thank you for doing that. And I already woke up with you staring at me at least five times already.” KyungSoo responded and cleared his eyes, smiling. JongIn hugged him. “You are crying only because you are surprised, right?” and cleared the other’s face, taking his tears away from his cheeks. “Stop crying now. You already cried too much. You are going to dry if you continue.” He said and kissed KyungSoo’s eyes, then taking advantage of it being closed, he kissed him deeply.

 

“Will you wait for me?” JongIn whispered into the kiss. “I will.” KyungSoo answered.

 

“No matter for how long?” he asked again. “No matter how long.”

 

“Will you miss me?” JongIn whispered now close to his ear. “More than anything.”

 

Will you think of me?” he said and pulled the other closer. “Every single moment of my day.” He replied and JongIn took this chance to look at him provocatively. “Every single moment? Really? Hum... Will you think of me while you are at the shower?” He said and KyungSoo blushed. JongIn started kissing his neck slowly, before getting back to his lips. “I wish I could do what I want. But I don’t think it is a good idea after what happened today. We will have to wait a little more.” KyungSoo nodded. It was incredible how JongIn could erase all his worries so easily. They went to bed together, and looking into each other’s eyes, they fell asleep.


KyungSoo woke up on the next morning with knocks on his door again. He opened his eyes and looked to his side. JongIn wasn’t there anymore. The only person that could make him forget about his problems and make him smile has gone. And he didn’t know when he would be seeing him again.

 

 

 

 ---

A/N

I’M BACK! Wow, this was soon wasn’t it? Well, we are coming to an end, so I decided to update it more frequently. It is a very sad chapter isn’t it? I’m sorry for that. Hope you guys liked it anyways. Thank you for the love and comments, my dearest. Next Monday I’ll be back! Cute ChanYeol for you because I don't know what GIF to put in this chapter ㅋㅋㅋㅋ