Fifteen

Dancing In The Moonlight

 

“I think my nose froze.”  KyungSoo said. He and JongIn were now on their way to restaurant. JongIn instantly stopped the bike and got off it, making a surprised KyungSoo leave the bike as well. “That’s something absurd!” He said pretending to be revolt with KyungSoo’s words. “I can’t accept that. My boyfriend’s cute and perfect nose cannot froze!” he completed his previous sentence making the boy laugh and hit him. He pulled the smaller close and kissed his red nose.

 

KyungSoo blushed and looked around to be sure nobody was watching them. Only a group of teenage high school girls was passing by, giving them small laughs. JongIn smiled and took his own scarf to put it in KyungSoo, around his neck and covering his mouth and nose, protecting him from the cold that could hit them. “Thank you.” KyungSoo said, accepting the care and getting back on the bike to continue their way.

 

They entered KyungSoo’s grandfather’s restaurant holding hands, and decided to seat in a new table together, different from the ones they used to seat days before. And there was something they couldn’t hide: their happiness. KyungSoo chose the table where he could seat besides JongIn, and so they did. Right after that, just some moments later, the grandfather came to seat on their table too, with his usual smile.

 

“I see you guys got in good terms.” He said approaching them. “Yes, we are grandpa. And it was all thanks to you.” KyungSoo said receiving a look from JongIn. “Is there something else you want to tell me?” The old man said already knowing what would be the answer. “JongIn and I... we are dating.” KyungSoo said with a little bit reluctance.

 

Even if he was his family and a cool grandfather, he was still an old person, that lived in a total different world, and a person that has come from a very traditional Korean family, to be more specific. So maybe he would not get it. “I know. It’s quite obvious now.” But one thing KyungSoo forgot was that his grandfather read JongIn’s letter even before he did. So he knew about JongIn being in love with him and all. He was right to say it was obvious after the boys appeared there together holding hands and with happy faces.

 

“I agree with your mother. The only thing that matters is that you are happy and he is the one making you happy. Yes, I’ve been talking with your mom on the last days. I already told you, I’m a very curious person, I can’t help it.” the old man said eye-smiling. KyungSoo thanked his grandfather for all he has been done to him in those past months and perhaps years. Furthermore, he was always giving him company when he was feeling alone, being by his side in all his choices and cheering for him in everything he did. He wasn’t just a grandfather; he was a really good friend that shared with him good memories, talks and funny events.

 

JongIn thanked him for the same reason, and even if they started talking with each other only a couple of months ago, that time when KyungSoo forgot his cell phone above the table and JongIn found it, the grandfather has treated him always with calm and good intentions everyday he visited the restaurant. Now JongIn see him like he was his grandfather too. JongIn felt like he was finally finding a family for him, another reason to love KyungSoo even more.

 

The grandfather got off the table and brought a special dish for KyungSoo and JongIn, that tried not to accept it, but he was also knew very well how to persuade people, and then ended up eating Nakji Bokkeum well. They finished their afternoon with JongIn asking to pay for the food but having his wanting denied again.

 

“Your grandfather is as cute as you, but he could have let me pay for the food. That’s not fair.” JongIn said getting KyungSoo’s hand to leave the place. “He just wanted to please. But I won’t let him not accept money anymore. And I also won’t let you pay for everything. I’m also a boyfriend, so I want to pay too”. KyungSoo said and hugged the other when they reached the bike again. “Let me ride this time, you already had to carry me in all day.”

 

“No. My bike, my rules.” JongIn replied hugging him back. They stayed in silence, when something bothered KyungSoo. “When are you leaving to college?” KyungSoo said hiding his face on JongIn’s neck. It was already dark outside so he wasn't minding about the people on the street. “When are we leaving? You meant that, didn’t you? Well, in two months I think.” JongIn answered with some other questions. KyungSoo would have to fight his father if he really wanted to go, and JongIn felt like he had the job of encourage him.

 

“Yes...” KyungSoo said with less confidence than the last time they talked about it. JongIn gave him a bad look, making him change his speech. “I’ll talk to him... tonight.” That was what JongIn wanted to hear. He smiled and pulled the other even close if that was possible. “If you need some help with what to say to him, just ask me ok? I’ll help you.” and KyungSoo nodded. After some other time alone, they went to their houses.

 

KyungSoo entered home and went directly to talk with his mother about the news JongIn has told him, of him entering Arts School, and also some news he would like to tell her before his father got home, of him now dating JongIn... and obviously, that they kissed. JiHyo was so happy that she started to dance, singing, and then took EunJi and KyungSoo to dance with her to celebrate the good news. She also asked how JongIn asked him to date and how was the kiss. But KyungSoo didn’t answer any of those.

 

The boy then told her that he was going to talk with his father at dinner, to ask him one more time if we could go to the college he wanted. She was happy for him to be so brave, but told she couldn’t be so much help for him about this. Clarifying that she would be there for him no matter what his response would be.

 

KyungSoo went to take a shower and prepare himself physically and psychologically for what was about to come. Before leaving his room he took his phone to read the message JongIn had sent him. “Hwaiting Kyung! Don’t forget that I love you.” giving him support. KyungSoo went to the dining room and sat in front of his father. He was busy reading a newspaper to notice that the boy was there.

 

“Abeoji, can I talk with you about one matter?” KyungSoo asked in a low voice. He put down the newspaper and looked to his son’s face. “Go on, I’m listening.” KyungSoo gulped and started to talk. “Abeoji, I never asked anything to you. This will be the first and the last time I ask you something. Please, let me go to Korea National University of Arts. I got in, I was accepted and I even got a scholarship.” JiHyo arrived with the food, to watch the father take the newspaper again ignoring his son, murmuring an “Out of question. No”. KyungSoo looked to his mother asking for help and she interviewed. “Let him finish, listen to him this once.” She asked and he gave him a reproving look, but still agreed to listen to their son.

 

“I’m not saying that I won’t take care of family business, I will. And I will study for that, I’ll go to college for that. But please, let me go to this one first. It’s not a long period school, it has just two years. And after that, I’ll do whatever you want for my future and I won’t bother you, ever again. Please. And knowledge is never enough. I can use what I’ll learn in Arts school and use it in market to benefit the company. Just give me this one chance. I won’t disappoint you, I swear.” KyungSoo said positively.

 

“Fine. But you have to keep your words and do all the things you just said. You have to make me proud from now on. I’m counting on you. Understand?” The boy nodded. “Now let’s eat. I’m hungry.” He finished the conversation with that. KyungSoo didn’t want to eat. Maybe because he ate not so long ago at the restaurant, but mainly because he was so happy he wasn’t hunger.

 

He could explode of happiness, everything he didn’t have, he had it now. It was like a dream and he didn’t want to get up from it. KyungSoo wanted to scream, to run and tell JongIn about it, and just hear his voice one more time before going to sleep. Even if what the boy would say was something like “I told you! I’m always right.”

 

-

 

Almost two months have passed, KyungSoo and JongIn were dating for all this time, and now was at the latter’s house, preparing to leave to college together. JongIn had trouble to pack, and KyungSoo, being very organized and dynamic divided all the hard job and was telling his boyfriend exactly how to pack and what to do.

 

“Kyung-ah! Let’s have a break now. Please! I’m dying of exhaustion.” JongIn said jumping on his mattress, pulling KyungSoo to fall with him. “JongIn-ah, don’t be such a lazy . Come on. Just a few more bags.” He said trying to get up, but was not able to because of the other, that was holding him tight. “Let’s go out just for a moment. I want to go to that store near here and buy ice cream. Let’s go. Pretty please.” JongIn asked pouting and giving him aegyo. “Ok, but just one ice cream and we have to get back here and finish packing, okay?” making him nod happily and getting up from bed.

 

They went to the store and JongIn got strawberry flavored ice cream while KyungSoo got brownie’s flavor. They really just went to the place to take the food and already left back to his house, as the smaller wanted. The boys were eating and going up the stairs when JongIn turned to KyungSoo and said, “Ah, your ice cream seems to be tastier than mine.” Trying to steal a bite. “Hey, that’s mine! Why didn’t you ask for this flavor if you think it is tastier?” KyungSoo said avoiding the other, putting his ice cream away from JongIn's view. 

 

“Cause I want to taste yours. You are eating it so well that's making me want it. Come one, just one bite, or our baby will look like brownie flavored ice cream.” JongIn joked. Then KyungSoo had an idea. Arriving on the rooftop he stopped on a step up in front of his boyfriend, still on the stairs. “Okay. You convinced me. You can try it now.” He just said and put his ice cream close to JongIn’s face. And when the boy got near it, KyungSoo pushed the rest of his ice cream into his face, making a total mess.

 

“Hey!” JongIn protested with ice cream all over his mouth, cheeks and his nose, making KyungSoo laugh hard at the view. The older pulled him near and started kissing and the ice cream out of his face, still laughing. “Well, I thought right, it is really tastier.” JongIn said hugging and kissing him back tenderly. What they didn't expected was that someone besides was on the rooftop too, waiting outside JongIn's door for them to get home. They didn't know that this person would be watching them from close.

 

That was when something got the dancer abruptly out of the kiss. KyungSoo widened his eyes and saw JongIn being punched in the face and falling on the floor.

 

It was his father.

 

KyungSoo’s father was the other person there whatching everything, and was now holding JongIn by his neck.

 

 

 

 ---

A/N

Hello! I'm back. Well, this chapter was shorter than I imagined. But it happened so many things that I thought it would be longer. Weird. And what now?  They were so well. His father was so nice letting him go to college. But then, he found out about him with JongIn! That is not going to be good. Sorry (sobs). And no, they didn't have yet. Neither Kai is the uke. It was just a joke. Thank you for reading, commenting, subscribing and giving me much love. ♥