Eighteen

Dancing In The Moonlight

 

"Get out of bed right now." KyungSoo said trying to kick his boyfriend to the floor with some squeezes. "Ouch. What was that for? You are a little bossy today aren't you?" JongIn responded with a pout on his lips, trying to avoid the other’s hand by moving continuously side to side. "I have to take out those sheets to wash it. Come on and get up, please." He explained pulling it with strength and making a face out of it. "Just five minutes more, it is still early babe." The younger one nagged taking him on his arms for a hug. "I know it is still early, but that’s the point. It takes time to wash and get it on perfect state. My parents are coming back home today and this really is gross. I’ not giving you a second more, we spend the whole week here if you don’t quite remember."

 

 

 

KyungSoo whispered the last words, maybe afraid that someone might hear him when he talks about that, even if it was kind of impossible, and it made him blush with the thoughts in a childish way. But it worked well, he convinced JongIn. He finally accepted to rise after some other complains and obviously kisses, moving to the living room without changing clothes or anything, meaning that he was only wearing his spongebob boxers. The first one seemed to be close to have a nervous breakdown, making his best to put everything on the right place. Every once in awhile he would look to the couch and exchange glances with the love of his life, who made sure to give him the most provocatives looks, almost making him forget what he was supposed to be doing.

 

 

 

That week went by so fast that he was indeed afraid of it coming to an end, having to say goodbye to this fairy tale life and going back to the boring and depressing real world without JongIn. He truly wanted to spend as much time as he could with the boy, main reason that lead him to wake up earlier this morning to clean, because even if they were going to separate soon, his mother was just great by giving him at least one chance to enjoy all these days alone to settle things up with JongIn and he couldn’t risk all her great effort by putting evident clues that some other person slept there right on his father’s face.

 

 

 

After some hours and thankful to JongIn’s sleepy and annoying help, the house was in order. What meant they could get together and cuddle in front of the television. "Run away with me." The dancer proposed as he kissed one of KyungSoo’s cheeks. "You are being silly." The latter simple replied giving him a peck on the lips. "I’m certainly not being silly. I can’t get away from you anymore, you know that. I have proved it to you as I could. I won’t go back there without you." He tried again, putting him closer and getting more comfortable, meaning what he said. "I know, and it’s reciprocal, my cheesy boy. I would run away with you if I could, but you know that’s out of question. My father would hunt us and serve our parts to the dogs, looking in a bright perspective. Besides that, we can’t afford living together, we don’t have any money. What would we do?" It wasn’t something nice to say or to hear, but it was the truth putting some details aside, and them both knew it.

 

 

 

"We can sustain ourselves with love only, we have plenty of it, enough for an eternity together. Let’s live out of love." JongIn said making KyungSoo laugh for being so foolish, but it sounded like symphony to the first one’s ear, what leaded him to start tickling him all over his body. KyungSoo was wriggling on the couch, receiving kisses along with the tickles. "Stop, JongIn-ah!" He tried to avoid his hands and hit him, but he wasn’t able to when he saw his hands getting stuck with JongIn’s above it. At least the tickling stopped and now JongIn was looking at him with hunger eyes. The first attacked his neck with love bites and soon the sounds coming from his lips weren’t laughs anymore. "Do you still want me to stop?" He teased, and waited for an answer. "Don’t stop, JongIn-ah."

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

"I hate you. I hate you with all my heart Kim JongIn." The smaller one shouted leaving the room. "I had just cleaned it and now look what you have done!" He whined out loud. "Aw, thanks, I love you too Kyung-ah. And hey, don’t put all the blame on me, I didn’t make anything alone, you were there too, so it's your fault too." JongIn got up from bed and followed his boyfriend to the laundry. "You were the one who started it."

 

 

 

"You were the one that told me not to stop." Touché.

 

 

 

"Put some clothes on, any clothes on." KyungSoo said taking a glance at his body. "Why? Because you may not resist again? Am I that hot? I didn’t know I had such an awesome appeal." JongIn asked making some pelvic moves in a very ridiculous way, checking himself up before following the other, who totally ignored him, to the room again. He watched KyungSoo cleaning and making the bed again while danced (in his opinion) sensually. "What are you trying to do? Put some clothes on!" The older said as he pushed him out of the way to go back to the laundry. "Seduce you. And I will not, I feel very... free. Ah, the liberty." He replied still following like a lost puppy.

 

 

 

"You won’t succeed. If you don’t put on something, I’ll punch you right there." KyungSoo looked at him with anger and pointed down. "Okay, I’ll go, but only if you give me a kiss first." JongIn teased, pretending that he was going to start dancing again. "Fine." He responded getting near him and putting himself on his toes to reach his lips. JongIn held him while kissing, making sure he was not going to run away, and didn't planned on letting him go anytime soon, but something stopped them. They heard the front door opening and someone getting in the house.

 

 

 

"! I thought they were getting back at night only. That was what my mother said." KyungSoo cursed, closing the door. "KyungSoo?" He heard his mother saying. "! What are we going to do now? And you are ! Couldn’t get any better." He whispered and looked to an very anxious wide-eyed JongIn. "KyungSoo?" The voice were closer. "Okay, I’ll go out. Stay here and I don’t know... hide until I think of something." He said and JongIn nodded.

 

 

 

KyungSoo opened the door slowly but got out of there quickly, trying not to make a sound. He turned around to see his mother watching his moves from the kitchen. "Mother! EunJi! You scared me! How are you?" He said faking a smile and reaching her. "KyungSoo! I missed you so much. I’m fine and you? Wait..." JiHyo hugged him almost forgetting the scene from before. "What were you doing on the laundry?" She asked a little confused. "I was... cleaning. Where is father?" KyungSoo answered getting his sister for a hug too.

 

 

 

"Cleaning? And why did you close the door so fast? He will get here just tomorrow, don’t worry. He still had some stuff to deal with your grandfather." JiHyo said and tried to pass by her son to reach the laundry door, but KyungSoo stopped her. "Don’t..." The boy said and his face was really red. "EunJi darling, you can go to your room and play now, your dolls must have missed you." The little girl smiled and went running to her room. "Okay, what are you hiding in there?" She turned to KyungSoo again. "N-Nothing..." He failed convincing her. "Is it JongIn?" JiHyo asked smiling.

 

 

 

KyungSoo thought of lying, but he knew it would not work with his mother anymore, so he simply nod. "I knew it! It’s fine, he can come out now." She said and tried again to reach the door. "No, he can’t." He replied blushing even more if that was possible. "Why not? JongIn, come out." JiHyo shouted but her son stopped her again. "He can’t get out, because he is... He is..." KyungSoo felt like his heart was going to jump out of his throat. "He is what? Shy? There’s no need for it. Let me in if that’s the case." And they were again fighting for the door. "No, that’s not the case. You can’t get in either. He is... ." He had to close his eyes to say that, feeling really embarrassed.

 

 

 

"Omo! He is ? Why is he ? Oh... I see..." She realized and started laughing. "It’s not what you are thinking mom, we weren’t doing anything." KyungSoo failed convincing her one more time. "I can’t believe my son is a man now! KyungSoo! I didn’t thought you were like this, I thought you were going to save yourself for you wedding, but it’s okay, I knew you would got that from your father." JiHyo said surprisingly happy. "Mom really, It’s not what you are thinking, at all."

 

 

 

"So you are trying to say you are still a ?"

 

 

 

"No, I was-"

 

 

 

"I was right! You are not a anymore! You are a man!"

 

 

 

"Mom, please..."

 

 

"Okay, if you don’t want to discuss your ual life, I won’t, don’t worry. But are you guys being safe? Neither of you can get pregnant but there are still diseases-"

 

 

 

"Mom!"

 

 

 

"Got it. No talking." She said and got closer to the door. "JongIn, on the left cabinet there are some towels, cover yourself and get out." JiHyo added and moments later the door was open, JongIn got out of the laundry also blushing. "Hello, Mrs. Do. I’m sorry." He said bowing to her. "You don’t have to feel sorry. It is a perfectly normal thing." She assured, but nothing she was going to say could make the boys feel less embarrassed now. "Well, go change and you two get back here because I have some things to tell you." They agreed in unison and went to KyungSoo’s room.

 

 

 

Reaching there all JongIn would say was sorry as he put his clothes on. He repeated it almost a hundred times until KyungSoo replied him. "I forgive you, but the next time, please listen to me." He said after receiving a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek from the apologetic one. "I promise, I will. Don’t be mad at me." JongIn whispered against his ear, making him shiver. "I’m not mad. And I know you won't listen, but I love you anyways." And they kissed one more time before getting off the room and meeting JiHyo again. She was seating at the dinner table, telling them to seat in front of her.

 

 

 

"I have a lot to tell you guys, so let me speak first and then you can ask anything.

 

 

 

I didn’t went there with your father just for business again, and you grandfather didn’t come with us for this reason either. We went there to talk about you, KyungSoo. The thing is, except from your father, we all agreed this situation couldn’t go on any longer, including all you grandparents on this. You were suffering too much and it scared us. We didn’t want even to imagine what you would be capable of doing if we didn’t do anything. It was going to be hard so we decided on focusing just on your education, not mentioning JongIn, but it was still hard, you know what your father can be like better than any of us.

 

 

 

We tried to make him understand that you would never be happy taking care of the company. You were not going to work on it as you should and as he liked, because clearly you would hate it, not putting any effort on you administration and leading the company to fail. We showed other solutions: put other person in your place. When your father have to retire, someone perfect for the job would enter, the company would be still on our family name, it would still be ours, and we have enough time to find this person, as your father is young. We have another children by the way, what if EunJi wants the business life when she gets older?

 

 

 

He tried to put your ual choice in the middle, talking about you and JongIn, but seeing nobody on his side, especially my dad, the person he most admire, he didn’t put that on table anymore. Because we all know your personal life have nothing to do with the company matter. I won’t lie, this discussion was not easy, it extended for five days, but: it eventually came to an end. Your father tried to argue with the matter money too, saying that arts would never get you money. And yet again, all of us agreed that this was your choice and fore sure you will succeed on it with your talent, you know what you are getting into, it is not easy but you have all of us by your side to help.

 

 

 

In the end, we won the fight. We got into an agreement. It’s not so bad, and not so perfect either. You can go to Korea National University of Arts, you will not have to go to business market or lead the company family when you get older, from now on you will make the choices of your life by your own. You are already grown of age and he will never again interfere on that, he promised, and at least we know he keeps his words. But, and there’s always a but, after leaving home to follow your heart, you can’t come back, never regretting. He said our house will be open for you to visit us, alone, emphasizing alone, meaning without JongIn of course, when you want to, but not living here anymore."

 

 

 

She finished and started crying. KyungSoo got up in a rush to go to his mother’s side and get her on a hug, JongIn followed him and started giving her small pats on the back, trying to comfort her in a way without interfering on their mother-son moment, but showing he was also there for her, and for him. "But it doesn’t matter. You can be happy now, I will be happy for you and with you. Don’t you ever think I will leave you alone, I will visit you on the university at least two times a month, and for the rest of your life, I swear. Even when I’m dead I’ll visit you." JiHyo joked cleaning the tears off her face and laughing a bit.

 

 


KyungSoo didn’t got off the hug, he didn’t want to do soon or so easily. He was sure he had the best mother in the whole world, and would be forever thankful for all she, and his grandparents, have done for him. Even his father, for finally letting him go. He looked at JongIn with teary eyes, but smiling. After reading on his boyfriend lips the words "I love you" he finally could feel it was true. He was free. He was free to be happy. He was free to be happy with JongIn.

 

 

 ---

A/N

I'm tremendously sorry for all the time it took to write this chapter. And yet I'm not satisfied with the results. A lot of things happened may I explain to you. If you might remember I'm brazilian and I translate this story to portuguese and post it on a brazilian website for fanfictions. Well, the thing is: the website deleted my fanfic. I lost over 275+ comments, 150+ subscribers. I was devastated. So, since April till June I was rewriting and reposting this fanfic and in the end, I lost all my confidence on this. I truly thought of giving up. Well, but I didn't. The next one will be the end and must be up soon, for real this time. I hope you like it and sorry for everything. Thank you for all your support and love. I lob you all, always.