Six

Dancing In The Moonlight

 

Two weeks had passed since KyungSoo found out about JongIn’s dancing. Also two weeks since he started to exchange messages with Kai through the phone. He didn’t suspect that both of the boys that just entered his life are the same person communicating to him in different ways and forms. And he didn’t have how to suspect anything, as JongIn calculated everything for him not to discover this secret. Everyday Kai would send him good morning messages, talking to him until night, when he told to go to work, on the other hand, JongIn appeared, teaching him dancing, being nice and caring, making jokes for him to be entertained.

 

On the face-to-face talk, KyugSoo and JongIn became really closer too, as they talked all the way back to KyungSoo’s house, as well as they talked in the school in the morning during the breaks but mainly on physical education class. This is what went on for the past two weeks, and on the end of the day, Kai would send him goodnight messages, wishing him to sleep well.

 

This morning seemed not to be so different from the others. KyungSoo woke up at the same time as always, but stayed in bed a little more, until his phone rang, announcing that he just received a message. He smiled and turned to take the phone o his bedside table.

-

From: Kai

Good morning sunshine, did you sleep well? Did you dream about me?

-

To: Kai

Good morning Kai, but It’s raining today, the sun is hidden. I did slept well, and what about you? Yes, of course, but it was a nightmare really, you were a stalker and scared me to death, oh, wait, it’s not a dream, it’s true.

-

From: Kai

Pabo. I already told you that I’m not a stalker, when will you stop with this? Ne. I slept well because I dreamt about you, for real.

-

To: Kai

Jinja? What did you dream of?

-

From: Kai

I can’t tell you, ‘cause if I do, I’ll have to kill you.

-

Someone knocked his door and KyungSoo was taken back from giving Kai all his attention. “Darling, can I come in?” He heard his mother saying from outside the room. “Ne, omma.” And the door opened. She walked to his direction and sat down on bed next to him. “Son, you father needs to go to my parents house this weekend to talk with you grandpa about some things on the company, and I was planning to go there too… It’s been so long since I last saw them. I wanted you to come with us, but your father says that you need to stay and study for you college entrance exam. I found it so unfair, I tried to persuade him, but you know how he can be…”

 

She said with sad eyes. KyungSoo’s father was that traditional person that cared more about success and money then cared about his own son. He wanted KyungSoo to study and take care of the company when he retired, even if this life didn’t match with KyungSoo’s wants and dreams, he didn’t bother to hear that the boy didn’t want to be a business man and go to Seoul Fine Arts University, this was madness and that matter was already decided to him. 

 

“It’s ok mom. Really. Don’t worry, and don’t be sad, please. It’s just a weekend, I’ll be fine.” KyungSoo changed his position to sit down on bed. “Why don’t you call one of your friends to spend the weekend here with you?” JiHyo suggested as she ran her fingers on her son’s hair, and his cheeks. She was the complete opposite from his father. Everything the man didn’t have from parenthood and affection, she had from both of them. “There’s no need for it mom. I’m 18 already. Don’t worry. I can take care of myself.” KyungSoo tried to calm him mother smiling truthfully.

 

“JiHyo, aren’t you coming? We are late already!” He heard his father screaming from the downstairs. “I’m really ok. You must go now! Hurry up! And don’t forget to say to grandpa and grandma that I miss them!” KyungSoo said and his mother kissed him on the forehead before leaving the boy behind. It was not the first time he was left behind by his father, and I’m afraid to say it wasn’t the last time either, but he didn’t cared much.

 

He lay on bed again to stay there for a few minutes, he always woke up much earlier then the time he needed to get ready to school, so he could take this time to relax or thinking. And he wasn’t really thinking on what just happened regarding his father, he was thinking about how was Kai’s dream about him. He smiled and presumed he was joking, that was when an image of JongIn smiling appeared on his mind. He smiled and closed his eyes, remembering the night before, when JongIn tried a new funny dance and kept smiling to KyungSoo’s laugh. His alarm clock rang.

 

He got ready and left for school. Arriving his class he noticed JongIn sleeping on the corner. He made his way to the seat next to JongIn and laid his head on the desk too, facing the other boy.  He watched the other sleep, letting him do so. But when he noticed the teacher entering, he decided to wake JongIn. Instead of shaking, hitting, or calling his name, like anyone would do, he blew softly. As it was just a nap, JongIn noticed and woke up, opening his eyes slowly. KyungSoo watched and he did so and smiled, and when he finally opened his eyes, we got really surprised and widened it.

 

“Good morning!” KyungSoo said with his head still on the desk. JongIn got up and tried to slow down his heartbeat. “Good morning, you scared me Kyung!” He said and smiled. “Am I that ugly?” KyungSoo joked and got up as well, organizing his book for class. “No! You are not! I think you are really beaut… ah I got scared because you face was really close and I didn’t recognize you. Sorry.”

 

KyungSoo smiled and nodded. It was the first time he sat next to JongIn on class, and without explanation, he felt excited about it. But something wasn’t really helpful; he couldn’t pay much attention on class with this boy right next to him. If he just knew JongIn had feeling for him, he could notice that he was nervous too. JongIn kept still, looking to the board, but thinking about KyungSoo and what he was doing, too afraid to look to his side and met his eyes. They only talked when the teacher left and the other one didn’t arrived, both didn’t want to bother the other’s study.

 

On the fifth period, KyungSoo remembered of Kai, and found it strange that the boy didn’t text him since morning. He wanted to text first, but thought about the possibility that he could be busy and didn’t want to be a burden.

 

On lunchtime, he went to find his friends and left JongIn, surprisingly to him, Kai just text, but as he was absolutely clueless, he didn’t notice the coincidence. Kai said that he’s got something on school and couldn’t answer him right away, feeling sorry for it. It wasn’t a lie tho. JongIn really had something that kept him away from texting KyungSoo on his double life, and this thing was the own KyungSoo.

 

The hours passed fast, and when they noticed, it was already time to leave. JongIn rushed to his work and KyungSoo went home, and draw. On the evening at the restaurant nothing new happened, on the news the woman from the weather said that this weekend it might be some storm passing through the city, and all KyungSoo thought was ‘Great, now I have an excuse not to leave home’.

 

On the dance class JongIn and KyungSoo felt more relaxed then they felt on the morning, as it felt more… natural. And just the dancing had the power to relax both of them. Another thing that KyungSoo improved after these two weeks were the dancing. It didn’t seem like he just begun dance classes. He danced very well. Not like JongIn, cause the boy was like the god of dancing, but he was better than a lot of people on the business.

 

After the dance class, on the way home, they were talking about making a truth or dare game on the next week, but JongIn stated that dare wasn’t going to be fun with just the two of them, so they agreed on making the ’10 questions’ game. The rules were simple, they had to think about 10 questions to make to the other person, and the other had to answer with the truth. And the questions could be about anything.

 

They were laughing about it when it started to rain softly; they looked up and started to walk fast, as it was far from KyungSoo’s house. The rain starting to fall heavily and the wind were getting faster. They were running now, neither of them had an umbrella and by now it didn’t really matter if they were running to avoid the rain, cause both of them were soaking.

 

Getting to KyungSoo’s house they protected themselves of the rain next to the door. They looked to each other condition and laugh about it. They heard a loud thunder and KyungSoo jumped in surprise, making JongIn laugh again. “Are you afraid of thunders?” He asked curiously. “I’m not going to tell you, you can keep that question for the game next week.” And another thunder was heard making the small one shiver. The wind was getting ever faster, making the rain enter the doorstep. “Don’t you want to come in? It’s better if you wait for the storm to go away…” KyungSoo suggested, he really was afraid of thunders and storms in general, and didn’t want to be outside anymore.

 

“I don’t want to bother your family, and I’m already soaking, the rain will not be a problem.” JongIn answered with a smile. “My family is out on a trip, and… it’s not safe, the rain is heavy, and the wind is not helping. It’s safer if you just stay and wait for it to go away…” He said looking to the floor, with his hand on handle. JongIn noticed the other was afraid from being outside and jut nodded. KyungSoo opened the door and went in fast, waiting for JongIn to close the door, with more thunders noises coming from outside.  JongIn then though about breaking the awkward silence and helping KyungSoo to relax with a joke “Are you worried about me?” and didn’t expect to hear the answer he was about to receive. KyungSoo looked at him and without thinking a second time he said firmly, “Yes, I am.” JongIn blushed and looked away. “Why wouldn’t I? You are my friend…” KyungSoo added. Even though that he truthfully didn’t know why he was feeling worried.

 

“I’m going to get a towel for you… Do you want something to eat?” KyungSoo said walking away “No, I’m fine.” When he got back with the towels, they sat down on the living room next to the window, looking to the storm. KyungSoo turned the TV on and put it n a random channel. A few hours have passed and the storm was still there, heavy and strong, they could see the damage the wind was causing on the trees. “I think I should be going…” JongIn said, and when he was about to answer that this was an absurd idea, the phone rang. “Wait…” KyungSoo said and rushed to get the phone. It was his mother.

 

“Ah omma, how was the trip?”

 

“It was good, we arrived at afternoon, is everything ok there? Did you get home safe?”

 

“Ne.”

 

“And JongIn went safe to his home?”

 

“No… I mean… he’s still here. When we were on our way started to rain and I said he could stay until the rain stops, it’s not a problem isn’t it?”

 

“No, it’s not. I feel more comfortable with him there with you. But son, tell him to spend the night there.”

 

“Why is that so? The rain must stop soon...”

 

“No it won’t, that’s why I called, to tell you not to go out, put the TV on the news, there’s a typhoon hitting Korea. Nobody can leave home until it’s safe.”

 

 

---

A/N

I’m back! Sorry for the late update… as always. They will have to spend the night at the same roof yay! How exciting is that? And I wanted to know… do you feel bad about JongIn fooling KyungSoo with the Kai thing? But, think as he did… he didn’t want o fool him, and it was KyungSoo’s grandpa idea, it wasn’t predicted, so it was not entirely his fault. Kekeke and he didn’t want to KyungSoo to know he went to the same restaurant as he everyday. So it’s understandable, right? Kekeke Thank you for your support, my amazing subscribers! I lob you!

Another cute KyungSoo for you:

(ps. the person he was looking at was JongIn, HOW ADORABLE AND REAL KAISOO IS!)