One

Dancing In The Moonlight

“KyungSoo-ssi. Did you take notes about teacher’s explanation from last class?” A black-haired tall guy asked the other. “Ani. I’m sorry Tao; I wasn’t paying much attention really… I was drawing…” Tao smiled and went to ask if the other classmates had it. KyungSoo was a normal high school student; well… maybe not that normal. He didn’t really fit the standards. While the typical teenager was busy going to parties, being in relationships, socializing and enjoying their youthful, he was always by his own.

 

KyungSoo had some friends, who had been with him since kindergarten, but he never went out with them. Maybe he was just the loner kind of guy, and his friends respected that. Even if they got a little worried at him some times, they didn’t intrude on his decision.

 

After Tao left, KyungSoo got back with what he was doing before, in fact, the only thing he really enjoyed doing: drawing. It was like an escape for him, he would forget about his problems and take some time away from his thoughts, and he appreciated that. The bell rang announcing it was lunchtime. KyungSoo closed his book, put it under his arm and walked to the cafeteria with his hands on his pockets, facing the floor.

 

Arriving at that place he searched for his friends, and after finding them, he went on their direction, sitting at their table.  “Annyeong KyungSoo-ah!” The blond baby-faced one said to him. “Annyeong LuHan hyung!” KyungSoo greeted. “Annyeong JongDae; Annyeong BaekHyun!” he added bowing to the others. They replied doing the same, not answering properly because of the food on their mouths. “How was class today?” LuHan asked.

 

 “Normal, I guess…” KyungSoo responded taking some food he brought from home. “Any new drawing?” BaekHyun lifted his head from the plate as he talked. “Nothing so great…” He said taking another bite on his sandwich. “I doubt that. Let me see what do we have for today…” JongDae said and caught the book on KyungSoo’s side. He opened it on the last page.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Jinja? How can you always get better? This is perfect! It looks so real! And you did like, in four hours? Daebak!” JongDae exclaimed and passed the book to the others. All of them gave him thumbs up, making him smile. “It’s no like that… it’s just like the all my other drawing. Not perfect.” KyungSoo said looking at his plate. “You really have to go to an Art University when you finish school!” LuHan cheered.  KyungSoo said something inaudible and then raised his voice. “You should try saying that to my father…”

-

The course of the conversation changed and soon lunchtime was over. KyungSoo took his drawing book and keep it on his locket. He had to go to gym class now, so the drawing book wouldn’t fit in. After class he would certainly go and get it.

 

KyungSoo wasn’t good on sports either. The teacher paired them up to play badminton. And he was, of course, the black hole of his team. Every time he missed the shoot, he would bow and apologies. Any person in that class would get mad at him or even scram at him for making all the possible mistakes on that game. But his partner didn’t.

 

He kept telling KyungSoo not to worry, and that it was ok. When KyungSoo fell on the floor, he helped him and asked him if he was fine with a worried face.

-

Just after class, KyungSoo’s parents called asking for him to go and get his little sister and taking care of her as they had to go out to an important work meeting. At this time, he was already late, so he rushed to go and get her. 

 

His sister was only four years old, so that day KyungSoo would have to do all the babysitting job. He cooked and feed her. Other thing KyungSoo was really good at was cooking. He played with her, with all her baby dolls and Barbie. He showered her and watched cartoons until his mother went back home.

 

When the mother arrived, it was already time for him to go to his grandfather’s restaurant. Since KyungSoo can remember, his father always had problems with his own, so they didn’t talk for years. KyungSoo felt bad about his Grandpa’s loneliness, so everyday at dinner, he would go there, just to be around him, even if they didn’t have much time to talk.

 

“Hello Grandpa!” He said and greeted the older. “I’ll be just there studying for my finals, arasso?” KyungSoo said and kissed him on the cheek, making his way to sit on the same table he always do. He was on his last year of high school and his finals were coming by. He studied for about 30 minutes, but fell asleep. Couple of hours later he woke up with marks of the books on his face. It was already late, so he took his books and put it on his bag again.

 

KyungSoo then searched for his drawing book and didn’t find it. He searched again and remembered he left it on school. Even thought he didn’t needed it really, neither wanted to draw now, he felt will to go and get it. He said goodbye to his grandfather and made his way to school.

 

Slowly entering the building, his mind was blank from the sleepiness. He raised his hand, his fingers touching the lockers. Making this sound that distracted him. He opened his locked and got his drawing book, and suddenly he heard something. He wasn’t really afraid with what might be happening at night in a school. He followed the sound. As he got closer, it turned into music, more specifically a ballad.

 

KyungSoo tried not to make any sounds, but felt curious about the source of the music. He stopped in front of this door and looked inside the room by the window. Someone was dancing. He usually never gets interest in this kind of stuff.  He did not know how to dance, and never mind trying it before. But something in this person’s dancing caught him, and KyungSoo couldn’t get away or take his eyes out of that scene.

 

This boy, he was truly dancing with all his heart, like he was part of the music. They just… fit perfectly. KyungSoo got on his tiptoe trying to take a better view, trying to recognize him. 

 

He turned around making KyungSoo a little surprised. Suddenly and without any explanation, he felt warmth on his cheek. The boy was his classmate, and his partner from gym class, someone he would never imagine dancing, Kim JongIn.

 

 

---

A/N

So here I am again, with the first chapter of this fic! I do really like this history, and I hope you enjoy it! This chapter is like… an intro. Next chapter will be more focused in Kai :D I’m sorry about my terrible grammar! I’m working on it! So, if you find some mistakes, please tell me! Chu~