Two

Dancing In The Moonlight

 

‘Do KyungSoo is for sure the most beautiful person I have ever seen in my entire life. His dark short hair, his light skin, his big and rounded eyes, his delicate nose and his plump lips are combined into something perfect. From the first day of school, this boy caught my attention. I’m very sure that his personality is as beautiful as his appearance. He’s clumsy, he’s quiet, he’s nerdy, and the only thing he seems to be interest to, is drawing. But mostly, he’s the kindest human being, and that’s on top of things I admire on him. I might say he’s the only reason I get back here every day. It’s now part of my routine to come here and watch him from far. I sound like a stalker now, but I guess that’s all you can do when you’re living a one-sided love.’

 

“Earth to JongIn!” the tall guy with messy brown hair and big eyed called him. JongIn turned around to face his friend, blushing a little after realizing that he was not alone and freaking about the thought that his friend could hear the thoughts he was having, even if it impossible. “You should go and talk to him…” Well, maybe a little possible. ChanYeol didn’t hear, but figured out what he was thinking. “T-Talk to whom?” JongIn tried to seem clueless and not to look uncomfortable, as he was. Failing, he looked to his feet. “To KyungSoo, obviously. I’m your best friend; I know you have feelings for him. Since last year you come here day after day and just watch him. It’s time for you to be brave and talk to him…”

 

ChanYeol smiled and kissed the other’s forehead, making his way out of the restaurant, murmuring something like ‘Good practice!’ before he leave. Seeing his friend was gone, his eyes went back to KyungSoo. ‘He was sleeping. Yesterday he felt asleep too. He must be tired’ JongIn thought and became worried. ‘Is he healthy? I don’t see him eating well’ He looked to his clock, it was already 10pm. He should be practicing and KyungSoo should have left to his house. He looked to the other, more worried than before.

 

‘Should I wake him? It’s already late and he will have to go home alone. It’s dangerous’ JongIn was getting up from his seat when the action of the other surprised and stopped him. KyungSoo woke up in a hurry. He looked at the clock and rushed to leave, taking his thing and running outside. JongIn felt relieved for a moment, but then he noticed something, the boy have forgot his cell phone on the table. He waited to see if the other would come back and search for it, but he didn’t.

 

Without thinking straight, JongIn ran and took the phone, following KyungSoo. When he reached outside, he looked everywhere on the street but didn’t find the boy. ‘What do I do now?’ he thought and looked to the phone on his hand. His heart then started to beat fast. A picture of KyungSoo smiling, with a little girl in his arms appeared on the lock screen. It was the first time JongIn saw KyungSoo’s sincere and beautiful smile.

 

He tried to unlock it but didn’t succeed. JongIn then presumed that he would be back to the restaurant on the other day, like he always did. So he decided to leave the phone with someone who worked there. Entering the place again, he went to this friendly old man behind the balcony.

 

“Excuse me Sir. Do you happen to know the boy that was sitting on that table?” JongIn said slowly. He was feeling a bit nervous now and didn’t quite know why. “Yes, he happens to be my grandson. But why do you ask young man?” the other replied with a big smile on his face. ‘Ah, so it was it. KyungSoo is this man grandson. They have the same smile.’ JongIn blushed again, for the nth time this night. He took the phone from his pocked and landed it on the balcony and said, “H-He forgot h-his cell phone. I was t-thinking t-that you give it back to h-him…” The latter took the phone with that smile never leaving his face. “Why don’t you give him? You will be back here tomorrow again, won’t you?”

 

He asked, making JongIn nervous. He was the owner; of course he noticed that JongIn went there every night for a year or more. “I-I…” JongIn tried to speak but stopped, realizing he didn’t know what to say. “It´s all right, I’ll give it to him. But at least, leave him a note…” He didn’t want to contradict KyungSoo’s grandparent, so he decided to accept the idea and just nodded. The old man gave him a small paper and a pen, JongIn took it and started to write.

 

Hello, you forgot your cell phone on the table and I found it. I didn’t do anything with it, neither looked inside. I’m sorry.

 

‘. Why did I write I am sorry? Great, now I can’t erase it. And I can’t ask for another paper. I’m so stupid.’ JongIn face-palmed himself and gave the note to the grandpa. The other took a look on it and smiled. “Why don’t you write your name on it? For him to know it was you.” He took the paper again and just looked at it. ‘I don’t want him to know my name. He will recognize me. I don’t want that’ But then got an idea. On the corner he wrote Kai.  JongIn handled it to the old man, bowed and left with a smile. That smile was now refusing to leave his face.

 

JongIn was now making his way to the school. Every night, after he left the restaurant, he would go there and practice his dancing. And why did he need to do that at night? He didn’t have money to take the dance classes, he also didn’t have any time left to do it. Dancing was the only thing that he truly liked that was left to him (Well, besides KyungSoo, who was not actually his).

 

His parents died in a car accident about almost two years, when they were on vacation celebrating their anniversary. JongIn then was left with his uncles, to take care of him because his grandparents had already died, but the guy was a monster. He took the entire money JongIn’s father left, and plus, treated his only nephew like trash. In the end, JongIn ran away from his view and now lived by himself in a rooftop room. To pay the rent, he worked in a cafeteria after school and in a gas station at weekends.

 

Since he was a kid he dreamed about going to Korea National University of Arts, and he knew that he was capable of with his dancing skills. But now, he would have to run to a scholarship, which makes things ever harder, and he knew it very well, so every night, when the school was empty, he would go there and trained alone. The security guy had heard about his history and felt bad for him, so he just let the boy do it.

 

As usual, JongIn greeted the security kindly, entering the school. He stopped by his lock to take some comfortable clothes, now moving to the practice room. He thought about the music he would play today and already started to dance on the corridor. But suddenly something made him stop abruptly.

 

His eyes widened. As he got closer to the room, a figure was appearing in front of the door. For an instant, he thought that it could be a teacher, and got scared. But he soon realized that it looked more like a student. It was a boy, by his age. Who was tiptoeing, trying to look inside the room, searching for something, or maybe, someone? And it wasn’t just some random boy. JongIn knew him very well. It was him. KyungSoo.

 

JongIn’s heart beat raced. His hands were now sweating. ‘What is he doing here? I thought he left home.’ JongIn thought, still not making a move since he realized who it was. His face flushed red. ‘What if I run? No, I can’t, he would hear me. What do I do now?’ JongIn was mentally cursing himself, when KyungSoo turned around and faced him. He didn’t know neither expected that the other boy rushed earlier in the restaurant just to be able to watch him dancing.

 

KyungSoo got really surprised; he jumped back and fell on the floor, hitting his head on the door behind him. “Ouch!” he said, making a face. JongIn ran by his side “A-Are you ok?” he said with his voice down, almost whispering. The latter nodded, avoiding looking at him.

 

JongIn realized that he was too close to the boy, moving backwards. An awkward silence hit the place, but JongIn was curious about why he was there, and even really embarrassed, decided to ask, “W-What a-are y-you doing here K-KyungSoo?” and waited for a reply.

 

KyungSoo’s heart was beating fast too. That never happened to him before. ‘Why are you acting like that KyungSoo? He is just your classmate.’ He then tried to look calm and faced the other. When their eyes met, they both blushed hard, looking away fast.

 

“I… I-I… just… wanted to watch y-you d-dancing…”

 

---

A/N

OMO! I’m really sorry about the late update! Mian! The next chapter will be up sooner! Whoaa! subscribers with just a chapter! Thank you guys so much! You are really awesome! And I already lob you all! Hope you liked this chap! And thank you for your kind comments as well! See you soon!