Fourteen

Dancing In The Moonlight

 

They went inside the auditorium again, names were being announced. JongIn held KyungSoo’s hand with his entire straight; he was really nervous right now. Even if both the other boy and his mother were sure he would get in with scholarship, he was afraid. After almost twenty names, JongIn wasn’t called yet. His hands were sweating, and he was shaking his legs. “Don’t be so nervous. I guess they saved the best to the end.” KyungSoo said and kissed the back of his hand.

 

The judges would now be announcing the top five competitors, who would be receiving the scholarship. “See? I told you.” KyungSoo said smiling to an anxious JongIn, that couldn’t pay attention to his words, even if he really wanted to. One name was called; the second name came just to make the situation worst; the third name sounded awful to the dancer, because wasn’t his.

 

JongIn doubted about his skills, everyone who was being called danced very well. With the fourth name, his dreams faded. He let KyungSoo’s hand in disappointment. Just in time to hear his name. “Kim JongIn!” His mind went blank. JongIn thought for one second that he might be delirious, but he was sure when KyungSoo and JiHyo hugged him in excitement.

 

He smiled and tears of happiness came from his eyes, and he wasn’t crying alone. That was it; he achieved the only dream he had in years. He got up from his seat and went to get his acceptance letter and the special scholarship agreement. Running to return back to KyungSoo’s arms, this was opened specially for him.

 

“You are my lucky charm. I was only able to get this because you were here.” JongIn said close to KyungSoo’s ear. “You were able to get this because you are the most amazing dancer; I have nothing to do with that.” He said back. They got apart to look into each other’s eyes. “We must go now, it’s late.” KyungSoo said turning to his mother. JiHyo was smiling watching the boys.

 

They went to the car and the mother insisted both of them should be on the back seats, because this was a special moment. And after some fight about the matter, she convinced the boys. “I’ll be like your chauffeur for this night. But don’t get used to it, ok? I’m just in a good mood.” JiHyo said getting in the front seat. KyungSoo got close to JongIn and the taller put his hand around his shoulder, embracing him.

 

They held hands all ride, wanting for that moment to never end. They whispered some things but nothing really relevant. KyungSoo didn’t say it directly to JongIn, but he knew that he was corresponding to his feeling, not just accepting and forgiving him, he liked him in the same way. That moment was new for KyungSoo and JongIn, they were happy, and they were happy together, they were happy because of each other.

 

They were getting near to their houses. The older looked at JongIn, getting their faces close again. “I don’t want you to go. Sleep in my house today.” He whispered kissing JongIn’s cheek softly. “I would love to. But I know I can’t go because of your father. Why don’t you go with me to my house? I have another good news to tell you.” He said pulling the other closer, almost putting KyungSoo in his lap.

 

“Sorry boys, here I am to interrupt you again.” JiHyo said. “Can you show me the way to your house JongIn?” He agreed, KyungSoo siting normally again and looking to the front. JongIn instructed her and when they arrived, JiHyo intruded. “And sorry KyungSoo, I tried not to hear you conversation… but you are getting back home with me today. I’m not facing your father alone. You two can talk and met again tomorrow. Sorry.” She said and looked a bit sad. “At least I’ll not look so… you can say goodbye as you want.” and covered her face with her hands.

 

They got off the car blushing and went in front of the building holding hands. JongIn looked into KyungSoo’s eyes, smiling. “Before… when we met at the audition, you said something to me, and I didn’t have time to respond it to you.” KyungSoo said feeling his heart racing. “JongIn, I love you.” He added, making the other smile.

 

They got close again, JongIn with his arms around KyungSoo’s waist, and KyungSoo with his arms around JongIn’s neck. The older closed his eyes as JongIn got close. But then he stopped. “I know you want this as much as I want. But I think you deserve a better first kiss.” JongIn said kissing his cheek. “Tomorrow I want to take you on a date, okay?” he asked and KyungSoo opened his eyes, nodding.

 

KyungSoo was happy that JongIn was carrying so much about him. And one more day would not kill him in waiting. “See you tomorrow.” He said turning around and getting his way to the car.  He entered smiling. His mother turned to him with a suspicious look. “Did you kiss?” She said moving her eyebrows up and down. “No, mom.” He replied blushing. “Why not?” JiHyo asked again. “Mom…” he bagged and she drove back home.

 

When they entered the house, KyungSoo’s father was still on the couch. They stopped and greeted him. “Where were you?” He said getting up. “I’m sorry yeobo, KyungSoo had this ceremony, that kind you hate, the ones they give awards to the best students for they hard work and I have forgot about it completely. Thank God KyungSoo called me to get him there in time.” JiHyo lied, and she was good at it. He looked suspicious to them. But it was easy to convince him.

 

“Okay, let’s go to bed now.” The father said and went to his room, carrying JiHyo with him. KyungSoo watched them leave and ran to his room. He got his cellphone from his pocket just when received a message, from “Kai”. Before reading it he changed the name to “JongIn”.

 

“Wish you were here with me. I’m cold.” It said. KyungSoo smiled because the other was being so tease. But he liked it that way. It was the Kai he knew, it was the JongIn he knew. Maybe it was a mix of them both. “I’ll warm you up tomorrow. Don’t forget about our date.” He responded, soon receiving another one.

 

“How could I forget about our date? I was the one who called you on a date.” It was true. After sending a goodbye with love quotes, he got up to and changed to sleep. KyungSoo was exhausted; he did a lot of things that day. And thinking about it, was a really good day. If he could be sure, it would be one of the best days for him.

 

KyungSoo got up for school sooner, took a shower and stayed locked in the bathroom for what his mother would say, hours to get his hair style done. He ate breakfast fast and rushed to go. Closing the door and turning around he got surprised. JongIn was there, with a bicycle. “Good morning Kyung. I’ll ride you to school. Get up here” he said smiling bright. “I didn’t know you were going to pick me up. I could sleep longer.”

 

The boy lied. If he knew JongIn would be there waiting for him, he would get up even earlier. He got up in the bicycle and hugged JongIn from behind, with some excuse to feel safe. “Can I do this every day?” JongIn asked. KyungSoo nodded, he couldn’t see it, but he could feel KyungSoo’s face moving on his back.  They arrived at school, the smaller waited for JongIn to lock his bike, and when he started moving, felt a hand on his.

 

He blushed and looked to their hands. “Are you sure?” he whispered, afraid that JongIn would change his mind after seeing all the people in the corridors. “A hundred percent sure.” He whispered back in a joking way.

 

They entered the school holding hands; the students were crazy, so only a few people noticed the scene, and none of them were shocked or something. Well, just some students: their friends. After getting the books on the lockers they separated to go on different ways. Today they only got one class together.

 

KyungSoo went to his seat, but soon all his friends were around him with a surprised face. LuHan, BaekHyun and JongDae opened their mouths to talk then stopped. “Kyung… explain Every. Little. Thing.” JongDae said after some time to think, getting some chair near and sitting on it, the others did the same. “Ok. I will explain it.” KyungSoo said, almost laughing at his friends. “But be quiet. Questions at the end.” He added and they all agreed. “So… I’m with JongIn. Remember JongIn? I told you guys he was teaching me dance. We are not dating… yet. But I love him and he loves me-”

 

“What? You guys are in love? How didn’t you tell us before?” BaekHyun almost shouted.

 

“How long are you guys… together like this? Does he treat you well? You were sad because of him these past few weeks?” JongDae protested.

 

“What do you mean by yet? I want to meet him properly. Kyung, I didn’t know you were gay. Have you already kissed?” LuHan said happily.

 

“I said to wait untill I  finished it.” KyungSoo said and pretended to be mad, but nothing today could make him feel less happy. “Yeah, we are in love. I didn’t tell you before because I wasn’t sure of what I was feeling, but now I know. We are together like this since yesterday. He treats me very well. Yes, I was sad because we have been through some misunderstands, but all has been solved now, and I’m happy. When I said yet I meant we will go out on a date today so… I didn’t know I was gay either. I thought I was aual really. But he changed it. We didn’t kiss yet. That was it?”  He responded to all the questions smiling.

 

His friends were really happy for him. They congratulated KyungSoo and all said they want to meet JongIn and went out on a karaoke or something. JongDae said it was like a blessing to see KyungSoo this happy, and it made them happy too. JongIn on the other hand, almost die from a bear hug he received from and super excited ChanYeol that couldn’t contain his screams and little jumps of joy. Saying he knew it would happen some day and congratulating him with all his good words and wishes.

 

The classes ended and JongIn waited for KyungSoo outside. The boy came running and smiling, getting on the bike fast. They would be out on a real date now. “Where are we going?” He asked. “We are going to Han River. I know it is cold, but it is most beautiful with this weather. And then we can go to your grandpa’s restaurant. What do you think?” JongIn suggested. “Perfect.”

 

They passed through the parks around the river and stopped when they noticed nobody was there. JongIn put his bike near to the bench they sited to take a view. They held hands and got closer, JongIn with his arms around the other’s shoulders like he wanted, staying silent for some moments. “I have three things to say to you today. Two of them are question. But all of them are good. Which one do you want to listen to first?” He said to the older.

 

KyungSoo pouted while thinking “The one that is not a question.” He said convinced. “KyungSoo-ah. You were accepted in Korea National University of Arts.” JongIn told the boy with a smile. KyungSoo stepped back and looked at him in shock. “W-What? How could I? I didn’t even make the test to Visual Arts department.”

 

“Well, they accepted your result on SAT’s, and… I send them what they needed to approve you. I registered at your name and… I sent that drawing you gave me to them. The letter arrived yesterday. You were accepted.” JongIn said and tried not to make the other mad. KyungSoo started beating on him and crying.

 

“Why did you do that? JongInnie why didn’t you tell me?” he said and JongIn hugged him. “Because I knew you wouldn’t do it by yourself, I knew you wouldn’t let me if I told you. And I knew that it was what you wanted. So I did I without regrets.” He said comforting the other. “I love you so much for doing this. I love you to take the courage in my place.” KyungSoo said close to his chest.

 

“The first question is… Would you go with me to college? Please, go with me to Korea National University of Arts. The schools are for just 3 years, you can convince your dad with that argument. You will be still young when you get off it, and can take care of business then.” JongIn suggested, he had been thinking about all the possibilities to convince his father for weeks.

 

“I’ll try, I will really try. Thank you.” KyungSoo said clearing his face, and smiling as he looked up to JongIn’s eyes. “The second question; and I think it is the most obvious now is: Will you be my boyfriend?” and the smaller started tearing again with a huge smile. “Yes, I will.” He said nodding fast, to JongIn to be sure of his answer. He could feel both of their hearts beating fast. "Stop making me cry." KyungSoo said beating him once again.

 

“Now we are alone, we are on the most beautiful place in Seoul and nothing will stop me from doing this.” JongIn got up pulling KyungSoo with him. He got the other closer and put one of his hands around his waist and the other on his face. “I’ve been waiting so much for this-”

 

“Shh. Just kiss me already JongIn.” KyungSoo said impatient, making JongIn laugh as murmur something like “That’s why I love you”. Their faces were getting closer inch by inch. They closed their eyes and waited for the touch.

 

When their plump lips met, it was like it was meant to be. They were completed. And their lips connected perfectly, just like their hands fitted in each other before. KyungSoo felt his body warm and JongIn could tell he never felt something this good before. They smiled at the kiss and moved in sync until air was needed. But soon after reaching for air and looking face to face to prove it was really happening, they were kissing again.

 

 

 

 

---

A/N

So here it is! Finally the kiss! And  KyungSoo finally said I love you back to JongIn! I’m so evil! I made you wait all this time, all this chapters. But at least it arrived! It was so sweet and cute. And it is the biggest chapter I ever wrote to a long fic! What do you think of it? Tell me please. Thank you so much for reading, commenting and subscribing! I love you all!