Chapter Nineteen

I Don't Want To Be

I Don't Want To Be

Chapter Nineteen

G-dragon lightly grunted as he scrunched up his face, and reached his hand out beside him, searching for Top’s warmth. It was a cold morning, nad he felt himself shiver as the cool air caressed his exposed skin. When his hand met emptiness, he finally opened his eyes and looked all around him. The bed was empty and he was in the room alone. Where had Top gone? Running a hand through his hair, he sat up in bed and looked around him when his eyes flickered to a note on the table beside the bed.

Pouting, he scrambled his way over to it, and snatched it. It was short, three lines to be precise, but it confused the hell out of G-dragon.

G-dragon,

Went out

Top

What did it mean? Went out to where? To do what and when was he coming back? Crunching the sheet of paper between his fingers, he stood up from bed and started to pull on his clothes. He was angry, but he knew better than to act irrational. All he had to do was think about where Top would have gone. It couldn’t be that hard to figure out seeing as something had been bothering him lately and it was probably that which he had gone to do…

Could it have been a job?

No, not a job.

Now that he thought about it, it was probably personal revenge. Top might have gone back to Seoul to finish what they had not when they had taken the king’s Diamond back. That had to be it. Top had probably left to Seoul, the bastard, and he probably thought G-dragon would burden him. Frowning at the thought G-dragon briefly hesitated as he made to grab his bag, but then decided he needed to find Top, so he grabbed his bag and rushed out.

Sneaking out of Young Bae’s place was easy. What was frustrating was that Top had taken the car and G-dragon had no real for of transportation. That is, unless he stole a car. He settled for a fast sports car, and rushed off.

That had been two weeks ago.

Seungri had been the first one to notice that Top and G-dragon where gone and he silently wondered where they had gone. Not like there was much room left to ponder as he and Young Bae had to head out and start to reform their new kingdom. Daesung could feel the new change coming as well, and all the traveling that they were going to have to do. There was also the question about what was going on back at Seoul Castle and about Seungri’s uncle.

The thing was that there was no contact there, and many feared letting the two new Kings near there, so two experts were going to be sent to investigate what was going on. However, that also had been two weeks ago, and they had yet to hear from them.

Therefore, what was going on…?

A dark motor cycle circled around the castle, before the owner stopped it, and removed their helmet to reveal it to be Top. Top tilted his head a bit to the side to move his hair out of his eyes and placed the helmet to the side as he hoped out of his bike. Pushing his hands into his jacket, he made his way over to the castle entrance, and pushed the doors open. The place was silent, and seemed deserted, but he knew better.

Making his way through the vast emptiness, to where the walls and floors had been bleached washed from all the blood, he swallowed hard. Two weeks ago he had made his way to Seoul in hopes of killing Ah-Jung, his sources had been correct. But the problem was that what his sources didn’t tell him was that Ah-Jung was already dead and there was someone else wanting to meet him. In the back of his mind he wondered if it was Hyun Seung, not that it mattered if it was him, he wanted to kill him as well.

Reaching the top office, and opening the door, Top was surprised when he opened the door.

“It’s been some time,” the man said, leaning forward with a pleasant smile on his face, “Baby brother,”

“Hyung” Top clenched his hands, “What are you doing here?”

“Aww, haven’t you missed me kid?” the man asked, standing up, “I sure as hell missed you,” he walked over to Top and stood before him. Both of them equally tall and lean in their structure, it was easy to see that they were brothers. Running a hand through his own unruly black hair, Top’s brother kept smiling at him.

“Seven, I’ll leave you and your brother be” a female voice said from beside them and Top briefly flicked his eyes to her departing figure before he turned back to his brother.

“I’m serious, why are you here?”

“Aish, you are so uncoordinated, here” Seven reached for Top’s hand and pulled him into a strong hug, “and I saw the fire,” he said, letting go of his brother and patted him on the cheeks.

“The fire…you mean”

“Yes, I was close by when you decided to pull such a stunt. I was confused at first, to what could be going on until I saw the king’s brother and other members of the castle heading towards the burning building.” Seven shrugged, “and they all died that night, of course,”

“You mean you killed them”

Seven hummed, and then smiled at Top. Top shivered at how cold his brother’s gaze could get and had to stop himself from trying to remind himself that he was not his brother. He would never be that cold, right. “That’s not what others said. So far as anyone knows, that fire was started and they all just died.” Seven made a motioning gestured with both his hands and then a boom sound of explosion, before chuckling a little and kept smiling.

Top sighed, running a hand through his hair. “Fine, so he’s dead. Problem solved. I’m out of here, I got…” he paused in his words. He’s got someone waiting for him…for some reason he didn’t want his brother to know that.

“You got what Top?” His brother curiously asked, that smile never leaving his face.

“I’ve got somewhere to be,”

“Oh” Seven said, tilting his head. “I don’t think so,” he flashed a cold look towards Top, but his smile never faltered.

“What?”

“I think it’s time for you to come with me instead of you playing all these childish games here,” Seven shoved the things from the desk and then pulled out his own gun, pointing it at Top’s head. “I am your older brother, and I should be setting an example. But here you are playing little kiddy games, how shameful is that?”

“Seven” Top’s eyes widen slightly, as the cold end of the gun was pressed to his temple.

Yes, the only one that could ever point a gun at him was his older brother. The person who was probably stronger than him. He was weak compared to him.

“Now, come with me and my girl” Seven insisted.

Top shook his head, “I…”

“You what Top?” Seven pressed, “Speak up little brother,”

Top swallowed, and for one met his eyes with his brothers. “I…” he said, “I can’t”

Seven looked at him confused. “You can’t?” Seven asked, placing his gun down, “Of all the I am hearing, and of what I’ve learned from the past, the only reason that you would ever say that you can’t do something is if you’ve attached yourself to something, now” Seven walked around his brother, measuring him up and down. “You haven’t gone and done something as foolish as that have you, little brother?”

Top glared at his brother, “So what if I have?” he snapped.

Seven’s smile faded, and his hand reached out to slam the door closed, locking it in the process. With his gun still held in his hand, Seven walked over to his brother, but Top pulled out his own gun, aiming it at him, “Let’s have a very brotherly talk, ne, Top? We haven’t had one of those in a long time”

“Then talk” Top hissed.

Seven chuckled, cocking his gun and aiming it at Top. “Let’s see who’s faster” Seven teased and shot his gun.

Meanwhile, G-dragon found himself once again crossing off another part of Seoul where he had not found Top. He was starting to get scared that he was never going to find him. A part of his mind kept nagging him that he should have stayed put. That there was a chance Top had gone back and was now looking for him. Then there was that part of his mind that still doubted that Top had gone back, or was even looking for him. He was scared that he was gone and he was never going to see him again.

Making his way by foot towards his apartment, G-dragon let himself in and set his bag down. He needed to think of another place that Top could be.

Just as he was thinking this and making new plans, the sound of a gun cocking sounded beside him and he turned around, in time to find Hyun Seung there, holding onto a hurt shoulder, while blood spilled from his lips. “You ing thief” the man coughed, “I hate you” he growled.

G-dragon was cautious not to move, “What are you doing here?” he asked. “How did you find this place?”

Hyun Seung chuckled, “I’m not stupid. I had you and Top followed that night,” the man swallowed thickly, “I didn’t think he would ever let anyone get that close to him.” He chuckled once more, “but if I kill you here and now, I would have won. I would have been the one that hurt him the most, and it…he would never forget me then”

“Um,”

“Be quiet.”  G-dragon did as he was asked to do, and Hyun Seung went into a fit of coughs. Even more blood spilled from his lips, as his skin seemed to lose even more color. Even his grip around the gun started to fade.  “How did you do it?”

G-dragon didn’t answer.

“How did you get Top to fall in love with you!” the man hissed. G-dragon still didn’t answer him. “you are probably wondering what happened to me huh? Well, you see this guy asked me to help him find Top” Hyun Seung let out a groan as he clutched his stomach, “He…he asked for everything, and I asked why? You know why he wanted it all, he wanted to punish Top…” Hyun Seung swallowed again, “ever heard of the assassin, lucky Seven, he’s never missed. A legend perhaps even greater than Top, and I gave him all the information.”

“…What…” G-dragon whispered, trying to comprehend what Hyun Seung Was saying.

“I said be quiet!” G-dragon pursed his lips at how rude Hyun Seung was, but kept silent as the man struggled to sit up. “You know what, I don’t freaking care! No one was supposed to have Top, he wasn’t supposed to look at anyone but me…so I’m glad that he will get killed. I’m glad that he will die, and soon, I will join him” Hyun Seung chuckled, “…aish, as we speak, your lover’s life is in danger, probably won’t be long before he gets killed”

G-dragon started to shake, “No”

“Doesn’t it just hurt?” Hyun Seung cleared his throat, “to lose that person that you love and cherish so much,” he whispered, closing his eyes as he could remember his own pain at seeing Top holding G-dragon so close.

“Shut up!” G-dragon snapped.

Hyun Seung snapped his eyes opened when the sound of the door slamming closed sounded, and he watched it with wide eyes. It was almost funny, what could that thief do now? Top was probably already dead.

The irony was life is funny.

And here he was dying, “soon, I’ll join you Top” he whispered to himself, closing his eyes as his life slipped away, sure that Top was dead as well.

G-dragon, on the other hand, found himself desperately running, looking for Top anywhere, and everywhere. From left to right, even to the tops of every building in Seoul- G-dragon didn’t care all he wanted to do was find Top. Where could have he gone? Where did he go? He should have asked Hyun Seung where he was, but at the same time he had not wanted to waste time trying to figure out what else he had to say. Damn, not even the letter that Top had left said that he would be here, what kind of a stupid idiot only wrote three brief things?

That he had something to do, but it said nothing about a return. It didn’t tell G-dragon anything about what was going to happen from there, if he should wait—worse, if he had lost Top forever. If he had been killed.

No, he could not…not be dead!

As the day started to meet its end, G-dragon just kept pushing his tired body to keep moving. He kept searching without stop.

 He had to find Top.

G-dragon kept running as desperation gripped him even harder and he felt tears start to pierce at his eyes, his breath coming in short and quick as his lungs burned with the effort of breathing. He was suffocating and he wasn’t sure if breathing was going to become obsolete. There were times that his feet gave up on him and he nearly toppled over, but he pushed through…and he prayed hard enough.

Top where are you!

Top where are you!

Top where are you!

So he kept running and he kept searching until his demand was answered.

Top was at Seoul Park, standing near a bench and seemed to be looking out to the large pond before him, watching the ducks or the sunset’s slow descent it was a mystery to G-dragon, but all he knew was that he had found him. That was all that mattered.

Breathing still seemed to be an effort, but his legs finally relaxed as he stopped and they threatened to collapse under him.

He balled his fist together before he cried out heartbrokenly, “TOP!” for the world to hear.


T.T Omo....