Chapter One

I Don't Want To Be

I Don’t Want To Be

Chapter One:

Silent peaceful and wishful hums sounded throughout the cold dark night. The moon was hidden behind clouds, making it hard to see outside, but moving in the shadows was the slim silhouette of a young man. He paused at his destination, in an alleyway.

Said young man was dressed in tightly fitted black jeans, and a long sleeved, black shirt with a hoddie pulled up over his head, hiding his blond hair. His high top shoes were black mixed with white, and his hands were covered with a pair of black gloves that tied themselves around his wrist with a metal buckle. All his dark clothing contrasted attractively against his practically pale skin.  

Although the night was silent and dark his expressive and playful dark brown eyes kept glancing up at the sky, in hopes of catching a glimpse of the moon. He guessed that tonight the moon would be full, and bright if the clouds weren’t covering its beautiful light. The thought that he might not get to see it made him pout slightly and bite into his luscious pink bottom lip. Yet he was still wistful.

When the sound of approaching footsteps reached his ears, he turned his head. Ah yes, that was why he was out here. He was going to meet someone that wanted to hire his expert services at thievery. He was not sure what it was that they wanted him to steal, but he didn’t care, so long as they paid him his fill in bills.

“Thief,” The man called as he walked close and said thief raised an eyebrow at them. He never told people he worked for his real name, and no one knew it either. If there was anything that they would call him it would be Thief, or in most cases The G-Dragon, or in short GD. His eyes widened slightly though when he saw the man before him.

“I know you, you are that high class man! Dong Young Bae,” he accused, pointing his finger. He could have laughed when he saw the angry and displeased look on the man’s face.

“I knew that you would know me,” the man confidently said, “My father was famous, and I did take over his business, but that is not the reason why I’m here. More preferably I would like for you to call me by my alias, Taeyang. Also, no one is to know that I hired you.” 

“Hm, sure whatever,” the thief said, dismissingly, “I don’t really care,”

“Don’t get cocky; I have a very serious job for you.”

“What’s the job?” he asked, with a tilt of his head to the side. Young Bae took in the small appearance of the thief before him, and could guess that his body being lean and all made him lethally stealthy and flexible for his line of work. He really hopes that this thief didn’t disappoint him.

“It’s simple,” Young Bae said, “I want the Kings Diamond,”

The thief gasped slightly. Everyone knew that the Kings Diamond was, and it was the gem that held the peace in their kingdom. The City of Seoul was a monarchy, a beautiful place with large forestry, roads made of stone, and houses that were build around it that made it look like a maze. Beautiful, and complicated were the best words to describe their kingdom, and at this point the King ruling over them was actually a pretty good king. The Kings Diamond on the other hand was a large sphere diamond that brought peace, and kept their little world here functioning.

It was a niece piece of jewelry that the thief had heard of before, and even thought about taking a peek at it. But to be asked to steal it was something else. A part of him was screaming at him that it was not his place, but another part of him saw this as a challenge.

Young Bae shifted in his stand when the thief in front of him didn’t say a word for five straight minutes, and then sighed. “I’ll pay you a large amount, name your price. Just tell me here and now, can you do the job.”

The thief smirked, “I can,” he said. “If I would is a whole other story,”

“Any price,”

Ji Yong hummed, and thought about the numbers in his head. When he named a ridiculously large amount, Young Bae nodded, and had it wired. “It’s done, you better do the job!” he hissed. The thief chuckled a little bit.

“Okay.” He nodded, accepting the job. Young Bae sighed, feeling awkward around the odd thief, and turned his back to him as he was about to leave. A few seconds later, he turned around to look over his shoulder to see if the thief was still there. But he wasn’t.

He was gone.

0000

 “There’s only one thing that I want,” The old man huffed, before he placed his big fat cigarette between his swollen lips, and then puffed out smoke. He smirked as he watched the young assassin across the room from him, knowing full well that he was highly cautious about being here. He would have to be, after all, assassin or not he was in the presence of a very powerful and dangerous man, Lee Ah-Jung. “I’ll pay you any price for it, but what I want from you is to kill that bastard of a king, and bring me the Kings Diamond.”

The assassin did not say anything.

His piercing pitch black eyes just bore holes at the man before him, while his messy black locks curled around the edges of his ears, forehead, obscured his eyes slightly, and his nape. His stare was heavy and calculated.

 The assassin was taking in the man before him, clearly knowing who he was- The Kings younger brother and the current royal advice to the palace.   It was a wonder how bold this man could be at hiring an assassin of high rank with no remorse at all.

Ah-Jung sat up straighter in his seat, waiting for the assassin to respond to him. The lack of response from the quiet young man was starting to grind on his nerves.

He had heard that this man was one of the best! They called him TOP, but he knew that was an alias. No matter, even though he did not know his name, he did not care so long as he got the job done. He had also been promised complete confidentiality of his identity being kept secret, and knew that under oath the assassin could not speak a word of who had asked him to do this job, or for what purposes.

“Well, can you!” he demanded.

The Assassin finally gave a curt nod. “I can,” and a moment later added, “But can you pay the price?”

“I can pay you anything, boy,” The man flicked his sausage like fingers into a sharp snap that resounded in the otherwise silent and spacious room. Immediately someone came running into the room, “A hundred thousand dollars, and if you are not pleased with that, I can offer you up to a hundred million, just name your price,” The desperation in his eyes was amusing.

The assassin’s lips curled dangerously into a chilling smile.

He would take the job.