EPILOGUE - MY LAST VALENTINE...

Will You Catch Me If I Fall?

aww... thanks for still reading this and subscribing... This was inspired by valentines day... hope you liked it too...

_______________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Ahhh, my sweet Ga Eul yang… I’ve been dying to see her, to talk to her, to take her in my arms but I’m willing to sacrifice for the sweet outcome. Actually, it’s been a week since we last met. I told her that we’ll have a major exhibit this week and my presence is utmost needed. I told her that we can’t see each other until the exhibit day, in which she agreed without any protest and told me how she understands my situation. I smiled at that thought.

 

“Hey bro, you’re spacing out again... it’s your turn already.” I found my best bud, Woo Bin, speaking with an annoyed tone, yet with a knowing smirk while motioning for the billiard table.

 

“Oh, Sorry Bro…” I smiled with an apologetic look and took my shot. I am so embarrassed because I was caught with my trance. I really miss her though. I know I told her that we shouldn’t meet but I didn’t tell her I can’t see her. For the whole week that I missed, I made sure that I’ll call her every night to catch up what she did during the day. I also send her flowers, I smiled again as I recalled how she fondly inspect and sniffed the roses until she reads the note and found my name written on it. She would blush instantly and would bite her lips with misty eyes. Oh dear Lord, my girl is so cute, she has no idea on how much I want to grab her and kiss her right there and there. I chuckled on how happy and lucky I am to have her loving me unselfishly.

 

“Tsk..Tsk..Tsk…” I found Woo Bin shaking his head. I was caught once again in my daze.

 

“Yi Jung my bro, seriously, if I knew you’ll be like this, I should have invited that zombie Doctor of ours instead of you. I wouldn’t mind playing without a challenge.” I blushed out of embarrassment and dropped my stick on the table.

 

“I’m sorry bro, it’s just that…” I saw him waving his hand and motioned me towards the bar to grab some drinks. I followed and sat comfortably.

 

“Yi Jung, my man…I know, after being Ga Eul deprived for a week… I never imagined you’ll be this whipped over a country bumpkin.” Woo Bin handed me the wine glass before settling himself on one of the chair.

 

“What can I say… I was caught, hook, line, and sinker. And I have no intention of going back at all.” I found my friend clutching on his stomach while laughing so hard at my expense. And I don’t care at all. In fact I am so proud of myself. If this was the old me, I’m sure I won’t even think about this. But this was all because of that silly country bumpkin, with that I can’t help but laugh too.

 

“I was afraid you’ll be telling me that. I dreaded the day that you’ll became Jun Pyo but I guess when it comes to matters of the heart, my bros, I mean you three become so lovesick.” I saw him stifling a laugh again. I smiled at his statement and can’t help to counter back his antics.

 

“Wait till the others hear this, surely you’ll be rendered paralyzed once Jun Pyo and me are done with you and with some help from Ji Hoo” I saw him stop laughing but still with a smug smile that’s telling me he’s not afraid. I smirked at him and soon we started laughing again.

 

“Jung, are you ready for tomorrow? I mean everything is set already and it’s now up to you on how you do it. I still can’t imagine you came up with this just for a girl. I raised my brow on him and replied back.

 

“Hey, she’s not just a girl. We’re talking about my Ga Eul yang here. He raised his arms and laughed at me once again. I shook my head. Wait till you fall Bin, and I know you’ll fall hard and soon. She’s coming home, I invited Jae Kyung. I smirked at him and waved goodbye.

 

 

 

*********

 

 

I yawned and smiled. It’s a new day with bright sunshine. I smiled because this reminds me of her, so vibrant and lovely. I adjusted my eyes and smiled once again. I remember that today is Valentine’s Day. Instinctively, I raised the hand warmers that I’m wearing and stared at them. A warm jolt runs through my spine as I remembered that this was my first gift along with the homemade chocolates from my beloved Ga Eul. Oh sweetheart, I miss you so. I slowly got up and searched for my phone. I key in the message and grin as I imagined her reaction from my text. With satisfaction, I rushed to the bathroom getting ready for the biggest event of my…our lives tonight.

 

 

*********

 

 

I rushed to the Museum, and checked if everything was fine. I called everyone a while ago, yes I know, I personally checked if everything was smoothly set. Good thing I have my F4 friends, Jandi, Jae Kyung, and of course our families to help me with this plan. It was a pretty hard job at first, especially with the convincing part. But what can I say I’ll do anything for her. Now everything is set. I leave our fate to my country bumpkin. First step was already done. She’ll be my special guest tonight. I also send her flowers this morning along with the dress she’ll wear. I know she’ll become suspicious about it but she trust me enough to wear it tonight. I glanced at my watch and slowly the butterflies on my stomach are starting to creep me out. Oh boy, I’m nervous. So Yi Jung, get a grip of yourself! In ten minutes lady love will be here. Ahhh… tonight, I promise Chu Ga Eul, you’ll be mine.

 

I was busy attending to my guests and asking my staff to make sure everything was set for the exhibit tonight. I was getting anxious cause I haven’t seen her arrived. Come on Woo Bin, where the hell, are you? I know I’m getting impatient at all. My bestfriend was right, being deprived from her is not good. Suddenly I felt the air tensed and these stupid butterflies are burning my stomach again. I tried to calm my nerves from this stupid feeling but I know at the back of my mind only one thing can rattle my feelings like this in a flash of a second. Or should I say someone.

 

I glanced at the doorway, where everybody’s attention was caught. Apparently my bestfriend arrived already along with my girl. I in my breath as I saw her. My hands froze from bringing my glass to my mouth and suddenly my throat dried. There she was standing and smiling sweetly on me. All dressed in an empire cut, off shouldered, white knee-length gown. She really stood out from the rest, in all her feminine glory. Her soft hair was put in a bun, while some hair fall loosely and outlining her face. She gazed at me and smiled more sweetly. I smiled at her image, just perfect, perfect for tonight’s plan.

 

Like in a trance I slowly walked towards them. Suddenly the place becomes void and all I can see was her, only her. I was only standing a few centimeters from her. I smiled at her and have this sudden urge to pull her on an embrace and kiss her until were both breathless. But I stopped myself and kissed her on her cheeks instead. I can wait for that later.

 

“Good evening sweetheart. Glad you’re here already. Thanks bro for picking her up.” I smiled widely when I saw her cheeks painted with crimson hue. This is one of the reasons why I fell in love more with her. The image of a blushing Ga Eul is so cute to watch. I shifted my gaze at my buddy. He smirked at me and looked at me as if saying like “its show time.” I smiled reassuringly and thankfully on him. I’m really glad I have my friends with me. I offered my hand to her which she took lovingly. We made our way towards our awaiting friends. After tonight, everything will change. This would be our last Valentine together… Well, I glanced at her and she smiled back on me sweetly. Oh, Chu Ga Eul, you have no idea what’s in store for you tonight.

 

“Ladies and gentleman, I bid you all good evening. We would like to welcome you all tonight for the exhibit of one of the most youngest and talented potter in Korea and in the world as well. We are so lucky to have him grace our country with his talent and made us proud by being successful overseas. So without further ado, I would like to give the floor to non other than Korea’s potter prodigy and heartthrob F4 member, Mr. So Yi Jung…”

 

“Thank you everybody for coming tonight. I hope you’re enjoying this. I promise you a lot of surprises on this event.” I searched for those familiar brown orbs and smiled before continuing.

 

Tonight’s showcase is centered about MY LOVE. The theme for tonight is all about me. Yes, So Yi Jung whose stripped down to my core. I want to offer everybody how I feel and see myself now. The first five to six displays show me who am I truly. I hope you can decipher it. Please enjoy and if you have questions my assistants are willing to oblige.” I smiled at everyone while pointing at the first few displays in front of me. They went to check my creations. I watched everyone became busy and searched for her. She was there casually seating with Jandi and my friends. Her eyes expressed so much happiness that I know was for me and that made me more warm inside. I shifted my gaze at my assistant and I know it’s time for one of the highlights.

 

The lights went dim and everybody snapped out. I smiled at their reaction secretly. Just then the spotlights were directed at the corner were three of my most prized creations were displayed. I heard the crowd gasping. I cleared my throat and the lights went on me. I searched for my girl and saw her misty eyed. Her eyes were questioning me, as if asking me if the pots and ceramics displayed are the one I made for her. I nodded in confirmation as I gathered all the air and calmed down my nerves for my next statement.

 

“Once again, may I have your attention please… Thank you… As you can see, the final set there was the last straw I have for tonight. I would like to share with everybody the masterpieces that I had created during the last 6 years of my life. The first pot depicts the love and emptiness I felt during the first two years…” I looked at her and saw her fidgeting while keeping her head low. Don’t feel sorry sweetheart it’s not your fault.

 

“The next display is a vase that displays my love and determination. This is what I felt during the third and fourth year away from home. I am determined to become a better person...” I glanced at her again, this time she looked at me with so much tenderness but I can see how she was fighting hard to keep her tears.

 

“And lastly the final one, it’s a figure of a woman. I felt love and hope this last two years when I return here….” I saw her smiled faintly at me and it sends my heart more on an overdrive. “So here I am So Yi Jung, telling you my story for the last 6 years of my life from those displays and I only got one person responsible for all of these. Only one woman who can render this man multiple emotions in a second and I would like you to all meet her tonight.  I caught her pleading look as if trying to stop me from my revelation. But I’m sorry sweetheart this must be done.

 

“I would like you to all meet my inspiration, my love, my life… CHU GA EUL.”  I walked down the stage where my assistant handed me the bouquet of lavenders I intended to give her. Our eyes were locked as I continued to walk towards her. I smiled at her and handed her the flowers. I offered my hand to her for a dance. I know it’s an exhibit but I just can’t resist to share this magic moment with everyone.

 

“You look so lovely tonight sweetheart. Happy Valentines day.” I smiled at her and pulled her closer to me. If possible I don’t want to let her go. She suddenly started shaking and from the tiny noises I heard, she was sobbing. I let her rest on my chest and filled my senses with her scent. I kissed her hair and comforted her lovingly.

 

“Hush sweetheart, don’t cry. Didn’t you like tonight…” My forehead started to form creases as she continued crying. She was crying for a while. I let her be until she become a bit relaxed.

 

“It’s not like that sunbae. It’s not like that at all.” She looked at me while blinking the unshed tears.

 

“Then tell me Ga Eul yang, what is it all about? I hate to see you cry. You know that I love you and I’d do anything for you.” I smiled a little as I recalled I have declared to her again. She remained silent for a while and I became nervous. She’s just staring at me and not blinking at all.

 

Ga Eul yang, yah! Here you go again. Why is it, whenever I tell you I Love you, you became quiet. Ain’t my declaration a while ago enough? I’m starting to feel insecure because of my vulnerability.” Oh, hell. I’m starting to get angry. Why is she doing this to me? She then smiled at me, the smile that can melt me. I told you she’s like sunshine.

 

“Hey, now is the right time to say something, not unless…” I saw her tiptoed and planted her sweet lips on mine. I blinked for a while and closed my eyes to savor the moment. And soon I responded on her kisses. She breaks free from me and placed her forehead on mine. Then she whispered in her soft voice. That made me smile. “Saranghae, Yi Jung sunbae.” I smiled and I know I can continue with Step 2 of my plan.

 

“Kaja, we need to hurry or we’ll be late.”

 

“Wait sunbae, where are we going? And how about your party, you just can’t leave. You still have guest…. Yah!” She yanked her arms away from mine. But apparently I am much stronger; instead I entwine our fingers together.

 

“You said it’s my party sweetheart, so I will and I can leave. Let’s go their waiting for us. We might be late.” I pulled her harder as we ran towards my car. She keeps on protesting but followed me also. We were driving in silence. I glanced once in a while. Ai saw her glanced at me but I kept my gaze at the road. She opened but closed it right after as if trying to question me of my gestures. I smiled secretly. Oh my country bumpkin you don’t know what’s install for you tonight. And I am certain that this would be our last valentine.

 

We arrived in a small church, outside the city of Seoul. The church was located at the highway where you can find the Seoulmates Restaurant, where we had our first date. I smiled fondly at that thought. I saw her looked at me as if asking me what’s funny, but I just shrugged my shoulders on her.

 

I descended on my car and opened the passenger door for her. She had this crease over her lovely forehead. She looked at me in confusion. I smiled at her and filled my lungs and get ready for the confrontation.

 

“Sunbae, why are we here? What are we doing at the church?” Her forehead creased in more confusion.

 

“Oh that. What do couples usually do on the church when both are dressed in white gown and white suit?” I answered in a mock tone. I chuckled lightly as she gasped for air, and her face become pale once realization hit her. I pulled her towards the church but she halted our steps and spoke with trembling voice.

 

“Su-sunbae… You… You don’t mean we.. we-re…”

 

“Were getting married Ga Eul yang, let’s go.” I pulled her again but she halted our steps once more. In an instant I saw her eyes capable of many expressions. First it was shock, then happiness, and then anger. Oh-oh, So Yi Jung brace yourself.

 

“You… You didn’t drag me out in here from your party to say such ridiculous things! Ah… you are impossible…”

 

“Ga Eul yang, sweetheart, listen let me explain…”

 

“No! you listen to me. Why do I feel like you are commanding me? You are so sure of yourself that I’ll marry you… Who gave you that idea?” Her nose was flaring from anger. I felt alarmed by her reaction, suddenly I am not sure anymore. I hesitated for a while. But I will not bend for I’m determined to have her after all the pain and sorrow I’ve been through. No, I refuse to lose. I breathe deeply and reach for her face.

 

“But you… you said you love me. I… I… I was really hoping you’ll marry me.” I said in almost a whisper and in an unsure manner. Slowly her anger dissolves in her eyes. She reached for my face and with amusement on her tone. She whispered on me.

 

“Why you conceited man, you didn’t even propose to me. And besides I want my parents on my wedding.” She smiled devilishly at me.

 

“Of course, why did I expect this would be easy? But okay if you want proposal, listen to this then… And when I say listen, you better behave and don’t breathe a word during my confession.” I filled my lungs with air. I stared at her lovely brown orbs who are gazing back at mine. I held her hand and started the confession of my lifetime.

 

“Maybe you are wondering why I was not around for a week. I was busy planning this. I… I… I plan to celebrate this year as our last Valentine day… You know as a couple because after this I want to spend the hearts day with you as married couple and the following years to come.”  I smiled faintly at her. I reach for my pocket and knelt in front of her. She gasped at me and looked at me with teary wide eyes.

 

“Chu Ga Eul, will you do me the honor of being my wife. Be the mother of my children. Be my partner, my soulmate, my eternal half. I am half the man when you left. I felt so bitter. It is too painful that I willed myself to leave. I struggled hard to become a better man for you. I was so scared to death when I learned you’re ill and you refused my help and support. You killed me then. But when I saw you again, I became alive and I felt whole again. You complete me. So please don’t make me miserable again.” I reached for her hand and presented the ring. She wiped her tears and raised me up. I placed my hands on her parted lips.

 

“Chu Ga Eul, once again. I am wearing my heart on my sleeves. I want to tell you again. I Love you with all of me, my, heart, my mind, my body, and my soul. MARRY ME.” I looked at her waiting for her answer. We stayed like that for a long moment. Every second that pass by is like a knife cutting through me. I’m slowly dying from anticipation. I am about to bring down my hand when I heard her answer.

 

“Yes, I’m honored So Yi Jung.” I smiled and placed the ring on her finger. I immediately draw her to me and sealed it with a kiss. The church bells started ringing but I couldn’t pull myself out. We stayed kissing and embracing for a moment. She glanced at the church entrance when she saw it open. She huffed once she saw the church fully decorated for our wedding with all our friends and family smiling widely, waiting for our wedding to occur. Slowly she faced me again and declared with so much love and passion in her eyes.

 

“I Love you So Yi Jung, I had always wanted my husband to be you. Thank you for making my last Valentine memorable. Let’s go, I don’t want to keep them waiting. I know my parents might still be jetlagged.” She smiled while she pushed me towards the altar.

 

I smiled widely. I cannot contain the happiness I have. Oh, sweetheart if only you knew. Happy Hearts Day. Thank You St. Valentine.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

Awww.... hoped you liked it.... Thank you for reading this....