FINAL - Part I

Will You Catch Me If I Fall?

I will see you soon.

 

 

This keeps popping out of Ga Eul’s mind, ever since she received his note. She couldn’t think straight and function properly. Thus leading to her current predicament of choosing what to wear this morning, her meeting with the chaebol owner of Woo Sung Museum. She barely slept for 2 hours. She haven’t taken her breakfast properly and is somehow late on her target time. She blames this on her anxiousness on how their magazine will come out rather than her excitement on seeing his sunbae.

 

 

“Goodness Ga Eul, get hold of yourself! This isn’t the first time you’ll be seeing him. So why are you acting this way?” She took a deep breath to calm her nerves and clutch her chest to calm her pounding heart. Then crimson hue suddenly appeared on her cheeks as she recalled what happened on the party.

 

 

She castigated herself once again for acting like a teenager in love. Ga Eul strongly believes that she still love his sunbae, the same way as before, or perhaps more than before her transplant. But right at this moment, she was afraid that Yi Jung might reject her or worst was angry with her. She blinked and shook her head furiously to stop her thoughts. She concentrated on preparing herself. She smiled on her reflection and hoped that the butterflies on her stomach would behave as well. With this, she mentally cheered on: Ga Eul, fighting!!!

 

 

 

 

 

Yi Jung had been practicing enough self-control for the past weeks. After seeing her alive and healthy, still as beautiful as ever, He felt alive again. After learning about her condition and departure. He felt dying as well. Only, Ga Eul’s reason for surviving was he and this kept him from existing. He promised to become a better person for her and waited patiently fir their meeting again.

 

 

Although this wasn’t easy for him, sometimes he had the urge to follow her and fly off to see her. But he would reprimand himself and allow fate to take its course. So, here he is now, fixing himself, trying his best to look good for her. He smiled as anticipation rushed over him. He will definitely see her today. He wanted to scream with delight as his emotions rushed on him. He firmly knows that his cup runneth over love for this country bumpkin. Yi Jung certainly hopes everything will turn out the best today. His reverie was once disturbed by the alarm of his phone. He read the message of his staff, telling him that everything was set-up perfectly. He took a calming breath and prayed that his country bumpkin will yield to him, the same way she responded that night on the engagement party. He muttered a silent Yi Jung,  fighting!!!

 

 

The ride to the museum came out smoothly but to Ga Eul this was the longest ride of her life. Even though she appears to be calm and collected, her inside was a complete contradiction. Butterflies kept on fluttering around her stomach and causes havoc on her sense, since any minute now, she will be meeting the Casanova. As they took those steps towards the studio, Ga Eul could only hear her pounding heart. She was so absorbed on her own world that she failed to notice that her group halted from walking. She bumped on her colleagues.

 

 

“Mianhe, Seo Rin ah, are you okay?” She bowed apologetically.

 

 

“I’m fine. How about you? You seem to be out of yourself right after we step in this museum? Is something bothering you?” Seo Rin asked worriedly to her friend.

 

 

“A-aniyo, I’m fine. No need to worry about me. I’m just thinking on how will this article will turn out to be, after all this will be our first publication.” She answered half truthfully.

 

 

“Ga Eul ah, we’ll do great. After all you’re a great leader, plus So Yi Jung is our man. He is one of the F4. Korea will surely read about him. Arts Finest will sell like hot potato.” She enthusiastically encouraged her.

 

 

“I guess you’re right.” Ga Eul sighed from relief, fearing that her actions will give her away. She hopes to handle this professionally.

 

“Come on team, let’s get down to business.” She smiled at them and put up a brave face.

 

 

The moment Ga Eul enters the museum. Yi Jung was informed. He asks his assistant to welcome them and bring them to the SPECIAL studio. He had been observing her walking aimlessly like a lost child. She was so absorbed with her thoughts. He wonders what she might be thinking. His heart skipped a beat for thinking that he has something to do with it. He hastily shook his head for thinking ridiculously. His eyes searched for her once again. He chuckled as she bumped with her friend.

 

 

Ga Eul and her team were ushered towards the studio. Ga Eul gasps silently upon entering, she was surprised to see an exact replica of Yi Jung’s tree house studio in Shinhwa. Somehow Ga Euls pulse raced rapidly and felt a sense of déjà vu.

 

 

“Annyeong.” Yi Jeong greeted upon entering the connecting door.