Complete Me…

Will You Catch Me If I Fall?

Yi Jung was busy contemplating on what happened yesterday. He made sure that Ga Eul was fine and in a stable condition before sending her home. He was busy wondering what happened to Ga Eul when he suddenly recalled what Dr. Lee said.

 

 

“Ah, Yi Jung what happened to Ga Eul ah? Please bring her to the infirmary room….” He went beside Ga Eul and started examining her. “I told her to rest so she can be prepared. You know after two weeks it’s going to be more difficult for her.” He said while shaking his head.

 

“What?... What do you mean? What’s going to happen after two weeks?” Yi Jung said with confusion.

 

The doctor suddenly got nervous but gained control immediately and asked Yi Jung to stay outside so he can concentrate on treating Ga Eul. He went outside and noticed a folder on the physician’s desk. He noticed Ga Eul’s name on the folder and looked at the file.

 

 

Yi Jung kept thinking on what was written on the file. He was able to see Ga Eul’s profile and the hospital that she often visits. He also saw the name of her doctor. But what puzzled him was that why would Ga Eul needs to be hospitalized in the next two weeks. He was so depressed because when he was going to read that part, he heard his friends calling him. So he ran outside to seek for comfort. And now here he was all puzzled and regretful.

 

 

He had this investigated but the detectives found insufficient information and that makes it even more frustrating. All that they reported was, Dr. Song Hil Dong was a cardiologist, in fact a very well respected and established heart specialist. They also reported that Ga Eul was often hospitalized during the previous months and was constantly examined by the doctor. But what intrigues them was that they could not dig for more information and when they try to explore more their agencies would call them and threaten them to lose their jobs if they would pursue the investigation. He was convinced that there was someone protecting the information and he will try his best to find out about it. As for the mean time he was convinced that Ga Eul was sick and he would do anything on his power to make her happy.

 

 

Yi Jung and Ga Eul usually spend their time at the tree house when they are not on their dates. Ga Eul would bring Yi Jung home cooked meals which the two usually enjoyed sharing. In fact, they are seen together everywhere in the campus and are regarded as couple. With that the Casanova’s fan girls are envious and furious most of the time.

 

Today was their usual hanging out at the tree house. The two are busy discussing any topics that they can talk about like what are their favorites, their hobbies, their fears, and their dreams. Yi Jung had forgotten his worries regarding Ga Eul’s condition. He could not ask her about it for it might bring more harm on her. He was busy trying to make Ga Eul happy everyday. Yes, Yi Jung suggested to Ga Eul that they must not abide the contract anymore if she really wants to experience the true joys of dating. He pointed out that it must be spontaneous and not always planned for them to enjoy. The later accepted the proposal since it was an advantage on her part, after all she can have plenty of memories to bring once she left Korea.

 

The two are busy talking to one another at the balcony of the tree house. They are laughing at each other when someone stated a joke. Suddenly a strong wind blew Ga Eul’s hair off and her ribbon flew instantly. Ga Eul stood up immediately and tried to reach for the ribbon. She was frantic about it, that Yi Jung found it cute but alarming at the same time. Ga Eul was into tears when Yi Jung pulled her into a hug.

 

“Hush, don’t cry darling we’ll look for your ribbon.” He stated while patting Ga Eul’s head and embracing her more tightly. Ga Eul hugged him back and uttered thank you. Yi Jung dabbed her tears and tugged her down the tree house to look for her ribbon.

 

They search everywhere. They looked at the gardens, the fountains, the library and the nearby facilities. Yi Jung was getting hopeless but did not show it. He surely sees the determined look on Ga Eul’s eyes. He asked her if she’s tired and they should rest first. Ga Eul was a bit timid but decided to go along the idea because she was tired after all and she can’t afford to have another attack most especially when Yi Jung is around.

 

They were busy walking towards the tree house when Ga Eul spotted something red in a bush. She immediately smiled and looked at the ribbon. She noticed a familiar penmanship and smiled triumphantly and held it out to Yi Jung. He has been watching her and smiled at himself for being silly. He even enjoyed watching her changed expressions because for him it was priceless. He reached for her hand and guided her to a nearby bench.

 

“So, Ga Eul yang, care to share why the red ribbon is so priceless?” Yi Jung said with a hint of jealousy.

 

Ga Eul kept staring at the ribbon for a while and smiled at Yi Jung. She hand the ribbon to Yi Jung and narrated the importance of the ribbon and carefully omitting the part of her condition.

 

Ga Eul stated that she was having a bad day and started crying over her problems. She sat at the tallest tree in Shinwa and then suddenly someone shouted from above. Ga Eul stared at the tall tree to look for the person who shouted at her.

 

“Anneong haseyo, I’m So Yi Jung, what’s your name?” He said with a smile while going down the tree house. “Now may I ask why are you crying my dear princess?” Yi Jung added.

 

Ga Eul was astonished with Yi Jung’s smile and said, “I…. I’m Chu… Chu Ga Eul, mianhae about your other question…” She muttered with a tense and hoarse voice from crying.

 

“Ha… don’t worry its okay if you don’t answer it, I’m sure there is a reason for why you don’t want to say it...besides, I’m not on the right position to ask…ha-ha” Yi Jung said and smiles confidently. Ga Eul was surprised at first and took a deep breath and said, “Kamsahamida, sunbae.”

 

After that, Yi Jung took out his hand and gave Ga Eul a red ribbon, and said “here, you can have this, I like the color of it, ha-ha, well then, later” Yi Jung said while giving the ribbon.. Ga Eul used it to tie her hair up and left the tree as soon as Yi Jung disappeared and went back to the tree house.

 

 

“This is the remembrance of our first talk. You comforted me then even in your own way.” She paused and looked at Yi Jung. “Kamsahamnida sunbae, it means a lot to me.” She said and bowed at him.

 

Yi Jung was in deep thought and was touched by Ga Eul’s revelation. And soon a small smile escaped at his lips. He faced Ga Eul and stated with a teasing voice.

 

“It is really that important?” He looked at Ga Eul who nodded strongly and looked at him determinedly. He was so happy that he grabbed her again and hugged her tightly.

 

“Ahm… su..sunbae… I… I can’t brreeathe.” Ga Eul stated trying to break the hug.

 

“So you were the ugly, annoying princess that disturbed my silence.” Yi Jung declared with his teasing tone again.

 

“Isn’t it that ironic sunbae? I mean princess are supposed to be beautiful, right?” Ga Eul said with a fake hurt voice.

 

“Well, in some cases you are ugly especially when you are sick…” He paused and filled his lungs with air. He faltered but it’s now or never. He thought of the two remaining weeks.  “But… most of the time you are beautiful… and…Ga Eul yang ….”

 

Ga Eul’s heartbeat becomes rapid. She could feel her pulse jumping and she also felt out of air. She felt that this was a big confrontation that she dreaded the most. She wanted to run but her body seems to be stock and unmovable. She won’t let Yi Jung know her condition but what shocked her most was Yi Jung’s next line.

 

“Ga Eul yang … whether ugly or beautiful, sick or healthy, I’ve made up my mind… I want to be with you. I mean with you I can be myself. I’ve never felt this happy since you came. You are my air no doubt about that… I feel complete when you’re around. Please come to me and make me complete. I… I Love You Ga Eul yang… Saranghae…” Yi Jung expressed on his knees with determination and sincerity.

 

Ga Eul was stunned by the Yi Jung’s confession. Indeed this was one of her fantasies. She never thought that this would happen. Now she really hates herself for having a frail heart.  “Oh Yi Jung sunbae…”  She started crying and hugged Yi Jung tightly.

 

Yi Jung hugged her also and patted her back. He thought that those were tears of joy. He cuddled Ga Eul lovingly and in a protective embrace. Unbeknownst to them, two pairs of eyes were watching their bitter sweet moment.

 

 

 “Jandi ah, don’t you think it’s fair for Yi Jung to know the truth behind you’re best friend’s condition.” Dr. Lee whispered to a sad lady.

 

“Dr. Lee, this is my best friend’s request. I know it’s unfair but he might not consider dating her if he learns the truth before. Besides I never expected Yi Jung sunbae to fall in love with her.” Jandi stated while looking at her friend with teary eyes.

 

“You’re right, but you know I never expected it to happen this fast. I mean Ga Eul is a very sweet and kind girl, who won’t fall for her. It’s just I didn’t see it coming this quick.” Dr. Lee stated with affirmation.

 

Jandi turned away as she saw her best friend cried her heart out to Yi Jung who looks so distraught by Ga Eul’s long cry.

 

“Ahm, Dr. Lee, just promise me one thing. Even now, we knew that Yi Jung sunbae is in love with her, we must still keep our words. Yi Jung sunbae must not learn about her condition and the future. I’m sure this would still be her request.” Jandi stated in between her sobs.

 

“Okay… Don’t worry that whipped Casanova won’t learn anything. Those investigators would give up eventually. I have known the F4 and their game. He won’t learn a thing about her. We’ve kept it secret for a long time now, right?” Dr. Lee stated in a low but confident voice.

 

“Thank you, Dr. Lee for helping us out and sorry for bothering you with our problems.” Jandi stated in a calm voice. She closed her eyes and sent her message to Ga Eul through the air. “Ga Eul Ah, Be strong, I’ll always be here for you, FIGHTING!!!”