Broken…

Will You Catch Me If I Fall?

Seoul, Korea

 

 

Two weeks after Ga Eul’s departure, Yi Jung was nowhere to be seen. He didn’t attend any social gatherings, F4 parties, night clubs or any other events. He consumed most of his time inside the studio, drinking uncontrollably. Later the F3 with Jandi had rushed him to the hospital due to intoxication and a broken arm. So much for accepting Ga Eul’s departure, good thing Butler Lee, had checked the hidden room of the studio, where they have found Yi Jung unconscious.

 

 

Yi Jung woke up after two days of being unconscious. He immediately recognized that he was at the hospital. He recalled what happened to him these past months, particularly the one with Ga Eul in his life. He felt happiness, sadness, and pain. He reflected on his behavior last week. He was still feeling the piercing pain and the emptiness that’s slowly swallowing his heart. He was on this gloomy state when the F3 and Jandi arrived.

 

 

 

“Yo, Yi Jung, my bro! How are you?” Woo Bin greeted with a cheery smile and half salute. He placed the foods that they bought for him on his bedside table.

 

“Hey Yi Jung, nice to see you finally awake.” Jun Pyo stated while putting his arm around Jandi shoulder.

 

“Yi Jung, how’s your arm, the doctor said that you just need months of therapy and your arm will be as good as before.” Ji Hoo stated in a calm but full of concern manner.

 

 

On the other hand, Yi Jung just acknowledged them all, by simply nodding at them. He really felt weak and emotionally drained. He was about to doze off again, when he felt a soft voice calling him…

 

“Yi Jung sunbae… Sunbae…” He slowly opened his eyes and looked at the voice direction. He was shocked when he saw Jandi crying while looking at him. He cleared his throat and looked at everyone.

 

“Jandi ah… I’m a-alright. Mianhe for making you all worried.” He said in a soft, apologetic tone.

 

Jandi couldn’t hold it any longer and dashed beside him. She doesn’t want things to end like this. She doesn’t want anyone to be lonely. She’s been feeling guilty for leaving out Yi Jung clueless about her bestfriend condition that’s why she felt she have to put things in order.

 

“Yi Jung sunbae… Mianhae…” She expressed in between her sobs. She continued wiping her tears. Yi Jung was about to open his mouth to say something but Jandi waved her hand on him, signaling him to stop.

 

“Please… Just listen to me first. I know… I know you’re hurt about her departure. But I’d like you to know, we are also in sorrow here. I…A - ani… We are all here to support you… Please stay strong for us, your friends, your family, and for her.” Jandi wiped her tears and nose. She controlled her sobs and took a deep breath before continuing.

 

“I know you loved her. I saw how you cherish her. That’s why you need to be strong for her sunbae… You need to… please you needed to…” She cried softly but controllably. “She’s holding on… Sunbae… Just yesterday, Uncle called and informed me that… Oh God…” Jandi cried once again.

 

“What Jandi ah?… What happened to her?…” He shook Jandi’s shoulder in order to hurry the confrontation. He was in so much pain right now. He felt a stabbing pain on his heart. And his chest tightens thus trapping the air inside.

 

 

Jun Pyo hurriedly went on Jandi’s side and hugged her tightly trying to stop her from bawling. He apologizes to Yi Jung and explained that this is also a difficult situation for his girlfriend. After few minutes, Jandi was now more composed to continue her revelation.

 

“Ga Eul ah… She… She… almost did not make it. During the operation, she kind a have an arrest and the doctor just revive her in time. She … for some miraculous intervention, as Uncle mentioned had survived and is now on her way to recovery. So you see, she’s fighting for her life sunbae… and you… you should… you must do that as well… Here…” Jandi handed him an envelope. She instructed him to open it once they leave and think about the things that she mentioned.

 

 

They stayed in the hospital until the visiting time was over. Once alone, Yi Jung stared at the envelope while on deep thoughts. He needs to ponder Jandi’s words. He was so glad to hear that Ga Eul’s operation was a success. Somehow his feelings tonight were a little bit light compared to the previous week. He slowly opened the envelope and found different pictures of him and Ga Eul. With trembling hands he started to scan the pictures and the pain that he kept for the past week was all poured into wailing. He emptied all the pain he felt into that cry while clutching the photos on his chest tightly.

 

 

 

After a week, the F4 along with Jandi are gathering together at the famous F4 lounge. The past weeks had been a very exhausting weeks and emotional wrecking. After that faithful day of confrontation, they have kept an eye on Yi Jung more. But Yi Jung was now more lively compared to before. He no longer drinks or hides from his friends. In fact, he even started his therapy and pottery program to keep himself busy. His friends were happy about his improvement but still keep an eye on him.

 

 

 

“Hey, Yi Jung, what’s up?” Woo Bin greeted him upon arriving at the lounge.

 

“Well, Hi guys, nice to see you all… Hey Jandi ah, nice to see you too. How have you been?” Yi Jung greeted in a lighter tone.

 

 

Jandi smiled at him. She was glad that Yi Jung has somehow recovered from his near self- destructive attitude. Somehow she felt happy knowing how deep the LOVE of this EX - Casanova is towards her best friend. She was now praying so hard for them to be happy and be together.

 

 

“Well guys, I asked you to come here today, because I have an announcement to make.” Yi Jung stated in a serous tone. “Ahm, well… here it goes… I’m leaving…”

 

“What? Where to? How come, we didn’t know this?” Jun Pyo stated in a loud voice. All of them were equally shocked as Jun Pyo, but only Ji Hoo managed to have a straight face.

 

“Uh, well, I’m actually going to Sweden, to further my studies and for advance therapy. You know for my hand.” Yi Jung slightly raised his arm to indicate what he meant.

 

“When are you leaving and how long are you staying there?” Ji Hoo spoke for the first time after a long silence.

 

“Ahm, around 3-4 years, it depends if I can finish the program early, then I will be coming back soon. “ He stated in a calm manner.

 

 

Everyone kept quiet for a while. Trying to absorb the news they heard from him. Jandi stared at Yi Jung; she was glad that his Yi Jung sunbae will be living again for Ga Eul or whatever reasons he may have.

 

“You know, Jandi was right. I should not keep on destroying myself. Ga Eul yang is trying her best to survive. I guess I have to do my part also. I promise to return and become a better person for her. Master Jang had offered me this program a long time ago. I guess this is the best time for me. I hope you guys understand and support me.” Yi Jung smiled at them as they continue to share this special moment with one another.

 

 

After two days, they all sent Yi Jung to the airport. They all arrived there and gave their warmest goodbye and good luck to him.

 

“Yo bro, Good luck and don’t let the Swedish girls bites you.” Woo Bin said in with a humorous laugh. Jandi slapped Woo Bin arms.

 

“Woo Bin, stop that nonsense. I’m going there to study and for my therapy. Araso?” Yi Jung stated with a sad smile. Jandi smiled at him warmly because his sure that the Yi Jung would not resort to that. He had proven his love for Ga Eul was strong.

 

“If you encounter any problem, just don’t forget to call the mighty Go Jun Pyo.” He said with a proud posture.

 

“De, Master Jun Pyo, I will… Take good care of Jandi, okay?” He then pats Jun Pyo’s shoulder which earned him thumbs up from the arrogant Shihwa heir.

 

Ji Hoo then, leans forward and whispered on his bestfriend. “She’ll be happy for you Yi Jung, Make her proud.” Ji Hoo, once again squeezed Yi Jung shoulder who gained a nod from the potter, with a small smile.

 

Jandi kept on watching the guys interaction. But can’t forget the sad eyes of Yi Jung, He’s smiling yet the smile didn’t reach the eyes. She knows the underlying pain and sorrow of losing someone. She slowly approached him and hugged him without hesitation and caused Jun Pyo’s deathly glares.

 

“Yi Jung sunbae, thank you for everything. I’m really sorry for all the things that I’ve done. Take good care over there. When I hear from her, I’ll definitely call you. Sunbae FIGHTING…” Jandi expressed wholeheartedly.

 

“Thank you Jandi ah, I’ll do this for myself. So when I face her, I’ll be prepared. And don’t worry. Don’t tell her anything unless she asked. Let’s leave it this way. After all she made me believe in soulmate.”

 

After few minutes, Yi Jung boarded the plane. The F3 and Jandi, watched the departing airplane emerging to the sky, flying away from Seoul, carrying their friend towards self – improvement and a step from happiness.

 

“Did you see that Ga Eul, there goes you’re soulmate. So you must stay strong and be healthy for him. Ga Eul ah, we’re all waiting for you. We miss you..” Jandi expressed after waving at the airplane.