Desertion of Casanova

Will You Catch Me If I Fall?

The F4 are at their lounge busy bonding with one another. Jun Pyo and Woo Bin are busy playing their video game betting on Jun Pyo’s newly acquired car. Ji Hoo was busy playing his guitar with random songs he can think. Yi Jung on the other hand, was sitting alone on the couch, deeply immersed in his own world. He was too busy contemplating on what he will do on his next date with Ga Eul. He was in deep reverie and didn’t notice that the three have stopped playing and are looking at him suspiciously. He didn’t even realize that he was smiling while thinking. The three were amazed by the sudden transformation of the Casanova. They never expected that their friend will experience so much happiness now and they have to thank only one person for this. All of them thought of the main reason, a certain country bumpkin and the grass best friend. They were happy to see Yi Jung smiling and showing his self.

 

“Yo! My man, what’s with the smile?” Woo Bin stated with an amazed tone while sitting beside the whipped Casanova.

 

However, Yi Jung was still busy with his thoughts and didn’t notice the curious stares his friends are throwing him. He was in deep trance when he remembered something and then his brows met in a line. The F3 became more curious as they saw the confusion and sadness in Yi Jung’s eyes.

 

“Yi Jung ah, what’s wrong? Are you okay?” Ji Hoo questioned as he sat in front of Yi Jung.

 

“Yah, Yi Jung. Are you still here? Why don’t you answer us…” Jun Pyo uttered with an annoyed tune.

 

“Oh, I am sorry guys. I was just busy thinking of Ga…oh, by the way… it’s time I need to see my staff for the exhibit. Bye guys.” He immediately stood up and waved goodbye to his friends.

 

Woo Bin shook his head and stated how whipped his friend was. He also stated that he was glad that Yi Jung is happy. Jun Pyo was confused and ranted on Woo Bin to explain what he meant. While Ji Hoo smiled at them knowingly and picked his book to read.

 

 

 

Yi Jung was walking down the hallway, when suddenly the image he was thinking the entire day, walks towards the clinic. Yi Jung was again baffled why Ga Eul was at the clinic. He learned from his schoolmate’s that Ga Eul was seen frequently visiting the clinic. In fact, she was seen leaving the clinic everyday at the same time. He became uneasy with the idea, as he recalled on how Dr. Lee had protected Ga Eul’s profile from their last encounter. He was also irritated on how the private investigators failed to supply him with the information he needed.

He slowly followed Ga Eul at the clinic in a safe distance. He was busy with his thoughts and stalking when his phone suddenly vibrated which signals a call. He fished out his phone and irritably answered the call.

 

“Yoboseyo.”

 

“Yah, my man, why are you so riled up? Are you that upset because I’m not one of your girls.” Woo Bin expressed in a fascinated tune.

 

“You! Stop that, I’m not in the mood for this… What do you want?” Yi Jung stated in an uninterested tone.

 

“Easy bro… I’m sorry… I was just wondering if you want to hit the new club at downtown district tonight. You know like party… I kinda miss my partner, you know Don Juan’s reign is fun but I also want some competition, care to join Casanova?” Woo Bin stated in an excited tone.

 

Yi Jung let out a tired breath. “I’m sorry man, I – I can’t… it’s just that I already have plans. Erm, maybe… n-next time…” Yi Jung said in a dismissal tone.

 

Woo Bin chuckled as he expected his answer. He knew how whipped his friend was and he honestly enjoyed this new Yi Jung. He cleared his throat and answered in a hurt tone. “Okay, I hope next time you’ll be available and I’m sure Ga Eul won’t mind. I hope everything’s fine. Good luck with her and say hello for me.”

 

Yi Jung was about to say something but the line went dead. He was busy thinking on how Woo bin knows that his plan was with Ga Eul. He just smiled and shrugged his shoulder. Maybe his friends were right, that he was transparent. He was really whipped at his country bumpkin. His thoughts were interrupted when the door opened. He hid himself as he watched Dr. Lee and Ga Eul talking animatedly. It seems that Dr. Lee was giving her instructions as he saw Ga Eul nodding always. He overheard them inviting each other for snacks. He watched them made their way to the cafeteria.

 

Yi Jung went inside the clinic with one mission in mind, Ga Eul’s profile. He smiled inwardly when he spotted the folder on top of the desk, for it will make his task easier. He scanned the place for any possible intruder. He rushed to the table and started scanning the profile. Minutes later his hands were trembling and sweating. His eyes narrowed on the diagnosis that he has been reading for the nth time. He has labored breathing and his heart was pounding madly as if jumping out fro his place. He was so shocked to learn Ga Eul’s condition. His thoughts were clouded and he needs to have fresh air. He placed the folder back to the table and walked out of the room as fast as he can.

 

Dr. Lee went back to the clinic after a short snack with Ga Eul. He was happy that Ga Eul was taking the treatment wholeheartedly. He was glad that she has a renewed spirit to continue fighting and gladly accepted the transplant offer a week from now. However, his heart sank upon realizing the pain that Yi Jung would take once Ga Eul will be leaving the country. His thoughts were interrupted when he saw a man turning around the corner in a familiar suit. His heart raced a bit, and immediately went inside the clinic. He saw the familiar folder and sighed deeply. He shook his head and smiled on how foolish he was into thinking that Yi Jung had seen the folder. He assured himself that no one had seen the folder since it was on its original place and he believes that no one would dare to enter his sacred clinic.

 

 

 

Yi Jung had been molding the clay for three hours now yet not even a single piece was created. In fact he was like a zombie twirling the clay in his hand. His thoughts were only focused on Ga Eul’s condition. Now everything seemed to fall into places. Ga Eul’s fainting periods, constant fatigue, paleness, all seem to point out to her condition. Then his thoughts shifted on why Ga Eul kept this from him. He analyzed it but came up without an answer. He had found out that a transplant can save her. He was determined to help and protect Ga Eul with all his might. He’s willing to endure all for her.

 

“Penny for your thoughts...” Ga Eul stated in a calm and sweet voice. She was busy watching him for quite some time now. He was seated in front of his clay but was staring aimlessly. She even coughed to emphasize her presence but Yi Jung was so indulged with his thoughts.

 

“Ga Eul yang, when did you get here? Are you fine? Are you feeling alright?” Yi Jung fired away with his questions wearing a concern look.

 

Ga Eul chuckled and went beside Yi Jung. She answered all his questions happily. She was touched to see the concern look on Yi Jung’s face. She was about to take her apron when his next question stopped her.

 

“How was your visit at the clinic… and at the hospital?” Yi Jung stared at her intently. His voice was full of seriousness. For a moment he watched her grasping for support since her knees weakened. He controlled himself to rush at her and take her in his arms. He was determined to know the truth.

 

Ga Eul’s knees were still weak but somehow her voice was a bit calmer. At least this won’t show how poor she was for lying. She breathe deeply and faced Yi Jung with a smile while grabbing her apron.

 

“Ahm, I came to see Dr. Lee to thank him for his help last time. Well, the hospital I’m also visiting to help the children and entertain them somehow.” She looked directly to Yi Jung’s eye to somehow stress that she was telling the truth. Well, partly her statement was true. After she learned about her condition, she mingled with the other patients who like her were diagnosed with her illness. She walks towards Yi Jung and wrapped her arms around him.

 

“I know you’re worried about me sunbae but I’m fine. Really, please let’s not spoil the day. You still need to teach me on how to make tea cups. I just want to enjoy every single day with you sunbae. I want it to be happy everyday. Please can you do that for me?” Ga Eul stated in a pleading tone in hopes to refrain the topic from going out of proportion. She was worried that Yi Jung might learn about her condition, which she ought not to divulge ever.

 

Yi Jung nodded and took her in his arms. His heart ached since Ga Eul didn’t want him to learn about her condition. He was meaning to tell her that he would do anything for her to regain her health. But the unexpected revelation was upsetting him yet he can’t seem to disobey Ga Eul’s plea. Apparently her happiness was also important. Maybe later he could discuss it again. But right now, all his thoughts were aimed at one single goal, to make Ga Eul happy. He sighed wearily, he’s afraid that Ga Eul might not discuss her condition at all. He was afraid since he doesn’t want to force her in confessing, he just have to wait, like how he’s waiting for her to affirm her feelings.

 

Yi Jung and Ga Eul spent their afternoon in his studio making tea pots. Yi Jung taught her about pottery more. Since Ga Eul went to the tree house, Yi Jung would offer to teach her in molding clay. In fact one shelf was filled with their works. They constantly talked about their day, the school, and their friends. They also talked about Jandi and Jun Pyo who constantly bickers but kept their relationship stronger.

 

“Oh, it’s lovely sunbae. I’m sure Omma and Appa will like these tea cups.” Ga Eul stated happily as she gazed at the tea cups admiringly.

 

“Yes Ga Eul yang, apparently I’ve been a good teacher since you made them wonderfully.” Yi Jung expressed in an amused manner. He even pinched Ga Eul cheeks lightly.


”Yah, I’m a natural artist. You see I made them myself because all you did apparently was to stare at me while continuously nagging.” She pouted them stuck her tongue out at him.

 

Yi Jung chuckled on Ga Eul’s reaction and hugged her into a tight embrace. He smiled and search for Ga Eul’s eyes. He cupped her face while slowly bending down to kiss her eyes, then her nose, her cheeks, and the her sweet mouth. He pulled her more towards him to deepen the kiss. Ga Eul’s arms went around to his neck and responded to his kisses with the same fervor. Apparently Ga Eul’s parents have to wait for them.