FINAL - Part II

Will You Catch Me If I Fall?

All of Ga Eul’s team stood and greeted the potter prodigy. Yi Jung flashed them his dimpled smile but never leaving his eyes on the gawking Ga Eul, who was too absorbed with her surrounding. Yi Jung secretly laughed inside while observing how Ga Eul was affected. Yi Jung chuckled and cleared his throat before greeting her once again.

 

 

 

 

 

Seo Rin taped Ga Eul shoulder and noticed Yi Jung for the first time. A crimson hue made its way on her face and greeted him. Ga Eul was embarrassed and managed avoiding his eyes. She heard him chuckle, probably due to her actions. She sighed and smiled uncomfortably, so much for her professionalism.

 

 

 

 

 

The team started setting up their paraphernalia for the interview. Meanwhile, Ga Eul kept herself busy by looking through their plan of activities while discussing pointers to some of her co-workers. She had been trying to compose herself. While Yi Jung was patiently waiting and observing her to his amazement.

 

 

 

 

 

Ga Eul felt his gaze on her, so she took the risk of looking at him. She instantly regretted doing so, for those lovely eyes and tender smile captivated her instantaneously. For a moment, the world stopped and they were alone.

 

 

 

 

 

Yi Jung marveled upon seeing her flushed face. He never got tired of seeing a blushing Ga Eul, or happy Ga Eul, or even an angry Ga Eul. In fact, he never got tired seeing Ga Eul.

 

 

 

 

 

You’re still as gorgeous as ever Sweetheart, Oh God, I miss you so much.

 

 

 

 

 

They were so wrapped up in their own world when the crew announced that they are ready. And just like that the spell between them was broken. Ga Eul blinked and cleared . She composed herself once again. She knows that, she have to spearhead the interview.

 

 

 

 

 

“Yi Jung sshi… Thank you for giving us the opportunity for featuring you in our first issue. Hopefully we can show Korea more about pottery and your work. Thank you for sparing some time for us.” Ga Eul spoke out clearly and mentally patted herself for expressing her words calmly.

 

 

 

 

 

“The pleasure is mine. I’m GLAD, really GLAD to share MY PASSION with YOU… with them. Let’s have a great time. I HOPE YOU’LL ENJOY THIS DAY.” Yi Jung stated meaningfully and with emphasis, never once leaving his gaze on her.

 

 

 

 

 

The crew started the interview in which Yi Jung answered each questions enthusiastically. They asked him about his work, his gifted skill on Pottery, and his plan on his career.

 

 

 

 

 

“Yi Jung sshi, tell us more on how did you expand your skills on your pottery? And why did you chose Sweden?” Jung Eun asked the potter cautiously.

 

 

 

 

 

Yi Jung took a deep breath and smiled genuinely before answering her question, as memory suddenly flaunted on him.

 

 

 

 

 

“Well, I was INSPIRED… to achieve more and be the best person I can be. I was involved in an accident in my studio when I was severely drunk and got a broken arm. I was sent to the hospital to clear me from intoxication. My friends are all worried for me that time because I was suffering from depression.” Yi Jung glanced at Ga Eul and saw her sad and guilty stricken face.

 

 

 

 

 

I’m sorry Sunbae, Please forgive me.

 

 

 

 

 

Yi Jung nodded at her and smiled faintly on her gesture. It pains him to see her sad. “I move to Sweden, since I heard, Sweden offers advance therapy for broken arm. Also, Master Jang offered me a program about advance pottery. In fact, he even offered me this before a certain country bumpkin left. But during that time, I accepted it. I felt it was the best time for me to fulfill the program. He advised me to take lessons with Master Choi. But above all, He wanted me to overcome the …pain.” Yi Jung whispered the last word, but it was delivered to Ga Eul ear. Yi Jung looked at her and saw her close to tears. “ overcome my fear of loosing one of my passion….pottery…” Yi Jung once again looked up to Ga Eul who was not blinking. Before he uttered the last word his eyes were telling Ga Eul what his heart really want to say.

 

 

 

 

 

I’m afraid of loosing YOU.

 

 

 

 

 

Everyone fell silent after Yi Jung confession. Yi Jung diverted the topic into a lighter one. He immediately relayed his happy experience in Sweden. Ga Eul on the other hand, for not knowing his injury. At that moment she wanted to cry and reach out for him and ask for his forgiveness. Her eyes felt warm and tears started to pool. Yi Jung was kind enough to tactfully divert the topic. Ga Eul took calming breaths as she listened on how Yi Jung recounted his days in Sweden, from his speedy recovery to his improvement in pottery. Yi Jung even shared his exhibitions there. Ga Eul somehow felt relieved and was so proud of his achievement.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ahm Yi Jung sshi, do you mind if we ask on more personal matters?” Seo Yeul asked him politely.

 

 

 

 

 

Yi Jung smiled encouragingly. And so for the next minutes, talks about his family, his childhood, and friends were discussed.

 

 

 

 

 

“Can you tell us about your thoughts regarding Go Jun Pyo sshi and Geum Jandi’s engagement?” Seo Yeul asked again.

 

 

 

 

 

Yi Jung smiled knowingly as he heard Ga Eul’s sharp intake of breath. He knows she was caught off guard about her team’s question. “I’m glad Jun Pyo found his happiness. Jandi is a great person. We couldn’t find another woman suited for him. For me, Jun Pyo surely made the right choice. They look so happy and in love, right?” He tenderly gazed at her fidgeting country bumpkin.

 

 

 

 

 

“How about you? I mean, err, can we asked about So Yi Jung sshi’s love life?” Yeon Joo asked sheepishly.

 

 

 

 

 

“Fire away.” Yi Jung answered without hesitation and smiled receptively. He glanced at the panic-stricken Ga Eul, who was fidgeting with her dress.

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you in a relationship now?” Yeon Joo followed up.

 

 

 

 

 

Yi Jung continued answering while intently looking at her. “Not yet.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Not yet? Meaning you’re wooing someone right now?” Yeon Joo asked excitedly.

 

 

 

 

 

“In fact, I am… hoping she’ll have me. I’ve been sending flowers and notes to her office for a while now, since we just both returned from abroad. I wanted to do the things I failed to do before. Yi Jung lovingly stared at the frame on his desk.

 

 

 

 

 

Seo Rin gasp upon hearing Yi Jung’s confession, she was observing Ga Eul and Yi Jung. Somehow, she was starting to put the puzzle piece one by one. She knows that Ga Eul was a mystery to begin with. She saw how Yi Jung lovingly gazed at the photo. She heard Ga Eul gasped as she follows Yi Jung gaze. Blood drained from her face as she saw the frame.

 

 

 

 

 

Ga Eul minds started working. If this were the studio at Shinhwa, therefore the pictures would be the same. She his childhood picture, he saw his picture with the F4. But the last picture was facing back. She summoned all her strength and dismissed the nagging thought that the last picture frame would be Yi Jung and his FIRST LOVE.